Madchef's Diary

Thanks for the encouragement Ladies, but the best one was yesterday I received a parcel of some new clothes I had ordered and I am having to return them :eek: cos they are too big I ordered size 24 and they are so baggy on me there is no way I can wear them. Now I don't know whether to return them and ornder a size smaller or return them and wait a month or so and manage with what I have, oh the problems of losing weight, but what problems :D

I have also have had a tentative date for my knee operation, March 20th so all things being equal and with a bit of sustained effort on my part I may be able to have lost 4 stone by then, seeing I have already lost over 3, sounds a big goal but.........

If anyone can do it.. you can! I'm sure if you stick with it. And keep going you can do it.

Good luck.

you'll do it hun!! great that your knee op date has come through...im still putting up with mine :eek:

you looking beautiful Joany!!! keep going and well done!! ;) xoxo

Today I went out to lunch with a friend and had a lovely Roast Beef carvery and didn't feel at all guilty. I go once a month with her and it has made no difference to my weight loss and it is a treat.

I bought a pair of lovely expensive fitted trousers at the beginning of December but they were too small as they size 22 but instead of sending them back I kept them and I was delighted today to be able to wear them, comfortably, out for lunch and didn't even have to loosen the button on the waist after lunch
:p

Ooh I'm a happy bunny so is my doggy as I can now take her for a walk each day. :chores016:

Congrats madchef nothing better than realising that your clothes now fit :D

hi there :)

I know you like to talk about measuring yourself

my measurements (4 weeks in of weightloss 1 1/2 weeks on xenical) i've only lost inches around my waste no where else - is this normal?

Woopwoop! That's fab .. so exciting when clothes fit, that didn't before! Well done

hi there :)

I know you like to talk about measuring yourself

my measurements (4 weeks in of weightloss 1 1/2 weeks on xenical) i've only lost inches around my waste no where else - is this normal?
To me it is, I lose on my waist way before anywhere else, but my Doc is pleased as that is the measurement that Doc's take to see how much fat your vital organs are choked up with so waist loss is good so carry on the good work.:D

The other thing I noticed is that I lose the measurement off my waist before my weight loss so if you are losing inches look out for poundage loss :p

Today I weighed myself, as I go to the Doc's on Tuesday, and I am down to 110.1 kilos = 243.3 lbs which means since my last weigh in with him I have lost just under 7 kilos = 15 lbs which is just over a STONE I think he is going to be pleased cos I am
:character00100: :character00100: :character00100:

Last edited:
My Doctor was amazed and really pleased with me as I have officially lost just over a stone since my last appointment with him, 4 weeks ago. I must admit to slipping a bit this week tho', I have had a "treat" every day since seeing him on Tuesday and that is naughty so I really must give myself a kick in the :whoopass:

I went to see the Consultant yesterday and was fine with my weight as it is and all is OK for the knee Op on the 21st March but I will try and lost another half stone by then as every lb lost will help.

Thank you to all you Ladies that have encouraged me along the way.

Well done on the loss, and good luck getting some more off before your op

Had a full Pre-Op day at the Hospital yesterday and I am zonked, it was a full day, from 7:30 am - 9:00 pm with loads of tests n examinations plus a 180 mile drive, as I said a really full and long day. The good side is that they did everything that is needed before so when I go in all I have to do is to get on with the Op not being bothered with any tests etc; a good system in my mind.

The weight loss was duly commented on and they were really pleased with me, as I am. I have now lost 3.5 Stone, down from 129 kilos -110 which is 50 whole lbs ;)

So today I am 110 kilos, measurements 50" bust, 43" waist n 51" hips and a size 22, comfortably. I am so chuffed and really proud of myself and have rewarded myself to a whole load of new clothes, including skirts :eek: I haven't worn one in decades :eek:

If I can lose a few more lbs before I go into hospital, in 18 days I will take that as a bonus, and then carry on to my goal once it all over.

Congrats Madchef, you're doing brilliantly! :)

good luck with your op - i have a wonky knee too but hopefully i wont need a new one for some time - unless i fall of course :eek: -
looking forward to hearing how you get on - hope all goes really well for you :)

Back