Madchef's Diary

Hello Ladies, well this is me just over 3 weeks after my knee operation and I have done really really well. I was out of hospital just 3 days after the Op and yesterday I even did a short drive in the car, shouldn't have but I felt as tho' I was locked up not being able to do a bit of shopping.

I want to say THANK YOU to all here who have positively backed me on my weight loss journey and I mean that.

Without the 50+ lb loss I would never have been able to have coped with the post op as well as I did and I expect I would have been in hospital a lot longer than I was.

The food was good in hospital but far too much of it and the when I came out my Brother, who was staying to look after Muffin n me, and me most often eat takeaway but I am now back to normal and was delighted when I got on the scales this morning that I had lost what I put on and am back to 244 lb, just a lb gain so I am a very happy bunny :D

Well done!!!

Be proud of your self for doing so well!!!

I've come back from cd, to finish off my stint of weight loss.

i bet you're glad it is all over and you'll soon be pain free:)

well Done MadChef...

you have done really well with your weight loss and recovery from your op. my aunt has not long had a knee op and is suffering terribly with it.

.x

well Done MadChef...

you have done really well with your weight loss and recovery from your op. my aunt has not long had a knee op and is suffering terribly with it.

.x
The one thing that really helped me was ICEPACKS, the pain medication, even Morphine, didn't do much but a proper Orthopedic Ice pack helped a lot, especially during the night.

I am still fighting the pain and it looks as tho' I have yet another infection to fight, part of the scar is looking quite red and angry, so I will speak to the Doctor on Tuesday after the Bank Holiday. I was looking a bit thinner so I decied to do a check and...............:D

I am down to Bust 48" Waist 42.5" and Hips 50" and my weight is down to 160 kilos/234 lbs :eek:

I am amazed and shocked cos I have slipped a few times although always taking my magic blue pill.

I have my checkup at the Hospital where I had my Op next Saturday, 7th May, which will give me, officially, give me the OK to drive. I have been driving to the local Shop for the last few weeks but that is only half a mile, today I tested myself and did a 30 mile round trip and am I suffering badly for it, so seeing it is a 200 mile round trip to the hospital I will arrange transport, better safe than sorry.

After that I will set myself a new target but at present I am so pleased to have regained control even with some take-aways.

well done your doing great, you have lost so many inches, thats a great achievement!!

Hoping your leg is better soon, there always seems to be something that slows down recovery. Been there done that :( !! Infections are so common, maybe too common after surgery, look after yourself!!

Could you tell me more about 'fall prevention course' please as I have arthritis too. I have it in my shoulders, part of my collar, mid to lower back, hips both knees and also in my shin down to my toes. Am always falling without any warning signs and am waiting on key hole surgery to see what needs replacing and hopefully with bionic ones :grin:.

My Aunt had her knees replaced 3yrs ago and she's still struggling and was immobilized for a couple years and has had to have one of her knees redone 4 times due to complications

How's it going hun.....

Hi Joany, how are you doing hun?

xx

Could you tell me more about 'fall prevention course' please as I have arthritis too.
Mine is run by the local District Nurse/Physiotherapy Deparment of the local Hospital I would ask your Doctor/District Nurse as I think they are available everywhere in the UK, could be wrong.

Hello Ladies I haven't been on here for a few weeks as I have had such a depressing time with my knee that my Brother had to come down from Scotland again for a week as I just wasn't coping with it very well, therefore my weight loss suffered as well, put on a couple of kilos but I am happy to say that I have now turned the corner. Although I am finding driving still causes pain I am back to walking my doggie each day, only about 1/2 a mile but it's something. :chores016:

I weighed myself this morning and I am a fraction under 110 kilos/243 lbs and my measurements are 50 bust/ 42.5 Waist n 50.5 hips. As I needed a boost I looked at my startiing statistics which really cheered me up.

Size 28 - 30 now 22
Measurements 56 bust 52 waist n 59 hips :eek:
Inch loss 6" bust 9.5" waist n 8.5 hips :D
Weight 132.7 kilos / 293 llbs = weight loss over 3.5 stone / 50 lbs.

Who's a happy bunny :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Brilliant Madchef!! :d

I'm glad things are looking up, and you're back walking the dog, it's good to get out, even for a short while, so well done!

xx

Well done, its just the boost you needed by the sounds of it..

Although you are only walking a small amount it is better than nothing, and you have a long road to recovery after such a big thing, so take your time pace yourself and don't push too hard!

I am so proud of myself, big head aren't I, but even tho' I am having so many personal problems and pain probs with my knee, which has sent me off the rails at times I am still able to continue my progress.

Just imagine a whole 10" of my waist, that is amazing and I am now down to 240 lbs, just over 17 stone, the lowest weight I have been in nigh on 30 years, I am so proud of myself, or have I said that already :D

good for you hun :D

So proud of what you've acheived Joany, well done you!!! hope you're going to treat yourself yourself to something nice :)

Back