Maddie's induction diary

Thank you so much for you welcomes, it means a lot xx

I'm waiting for my books to arrive so I can get started and I want to view this not as a diet, but a way of life.

Do your feel you miss out on anything? Is there anything that you wish you could still eat or do the cravings go away? I want to feel "safe" around food again and not worry what the next thing I'm gonna binge on is gonna be!!

I have a family of my husband and 3 boys, well they are my boys but they are 26,24 and 20 and they all still live at home, and I don't always want to be cooking separate meals, tho I accept this may be the case at times. How do others get around this?

Am I worrying unnecessarily so?

Answers on a postcard pls.......................I have a habit of rambling!!!!!!

Dawnejoy said:
Thank you so much for you welcomes, it means a lot xx

I'm waiting for my books to arrive so I can get started and I want to view this not as a diet, but a way of life.

Do your feel you miss out on anything? Is there anything that you wish you could still eat or do the cravings go away? I want to feel "safe" around food again and not worry what the next thing I'm gonna binge on is gonna be!!

I have a family of my husband and 3 boys, well they are my boys but they are 26,24 and 20 and they all still live at home, and I don't always want to be cooking separate meals, tho I accept this may be the case at times. How do others get around this?

Am I worrying unnecessarily so?

Answers on a postcard pls.......................I have a habit of rambling!!!!!!

Hi Dawn! I might not be the best one to give advice as I have just been on Atkins for almost a week now I left a VLCD (Cambridge) to fallow Atkins. I LOVE IT!
It's not a diet it's a way of living! I normally obsess over food and loved my planned binge days (would eagerly look forward to those...!) being on Cambridge I did the same- looked forward to all the lovely food (binge!) I would have after!! But suddenly after just a few days on this diet I have realised that I absolutely enjoy the food that I have been having, don't feel deprived of anything at all, and as a plus
When I see takeaways like pizza,Chinese etc I feel disgusted (very unusual for me!!!) at the thought of the bloated feeling all those carbs give me!!

When it comes to ur family I happen to have a husband who's useless in the kitchen and relies on my cooking! The best thing abt this diet is that I can prepare Atkins friendly curries, roast, fish dishes etc for both of us- the only difference being that I boil rice for him or have him roast some potatoes (yes, he how to do that now....bless him he actually tries but is a lost case
Lol) and I Have something Atkins friendly for myself. Just plan food the night before!! And fingers crossed that I keep on finding this lifestyle as easy as it is now!!

Good luck!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Dawn I have nearly finished my 4th week, haven't had a huge loss, 7lb so far but I can say I haven't felt at all hungry, my eating habits have completely changed and so have my taste buds! I have two teenagers and a husband at home, I tend to cook food for us all but they have rice or pasta as an accompaniment (is there such a word) I tend to have more leafy greens, especially cabbage which I have developed a great love for. I am trying to up my water intake, and cut down on cheese this week. Good luck with this way of eating and the support on this forum is wonderful :)

Morning Maddie :)

Dawn

We pretty much cooked the same, except I had extra veggies instead of the potato/Pasta/Rice portion.

Morning Maddie :)

Dawn

We pretty much cooked the same, except I had extra veggies instead of the potato/Pasta/Rice portion.

Hi Dawn I have nearly finished my 4th week, haven't had a huge loss, 7lb so far but I can say I haven't felt at all hungry, my eating habits have completely changed and so have my taste buds! I have two teenagers and a husband at home, I tend to cook food for us all but they have rice or pasta as an accompaniment (is there such a word) I tend to have more leafy greens, especially cabbage which I have developed a great love for. I am trying to up my water intake, and cut down on cheese this week. Good luck with this way of eating and the support on this forum is wonderful :)

Thank you so much for your help............may start a diary of my own in the low carb section.............Harcombe site seems dead, just waiting for my books to arrive so I can get started..............I am actually looking forward to it and the support is great.............thanks xx

We don't mind if you post a diary here on Atkins Dawn, a lot on here are on LC variations

Hi Dawn you will lose your cravings and maybe even your appetite a bit. You can usually find low carb substitutes for pizza -use a low carb pita, or wrap for a sandwich-for pasta there are shirataki noodles (they need to be rinsed very well as they smell a bit fishy think there's a thread here somewhere) I used shredded courgette for pasta ribbons etc. and like Jim said just more veggies for you and leave the carbs to them. Just ask if you have any question. Good luck.

Had a veeeery long day today at work- managed to have a portion of flax focaccia for breakfast with Boursin cheese for lunch I had chicken salad Yummmm!! Then drove to the gym only to realise that I had forgotten my trainers at home :( so gym has now been postponed to tomorrow! Came home and made a quick snack consisting of oopsi roll, chicken-Mayo mix and salad

image-494230769.jpg

For dinner I made chicken pizza using the flatout tortilla as a base it was sooooo gooood!!!

image-865714765.jpg

xx

Morning Dawn, indeed yes, they both look lovely, Yum yum

morning all.........on day 2 of the harcombe diet and I'm glad I'm on this one tbh as was allowed small bowl of porridge, no milk or sugar, but as a diabetic whose blood sugars dipped this morning it was great, meant that I've stayed on track..........tho think it will have to be an acquired taste, I did manage to eat it all..........took a while tho lol

ladyfelsham said:
That pizza looks fab! What did you use as the base?

Thanks, it really was tasty!! Used flatout tortilla (light Italian herb) that I bought from the lowcarbmegastore online!

Love the pizza piccy:D

Morning Maddie, how are you this morning?

What's up maddie - can we help?

I just havent kept myself from binging and
I wish it didnt have to bring this horrible feeling of guilt!! :( I have myself to blame- back at square one now.....

Don't beat yourself up everyone blips - I've had big ones the last few days . Brush yourself down - tomorrows a new day xx

Back