made's diary

LOL, sounds like a good game MIE, and you won which is always a bonus. :D

Keep you occupied that would mate. I ran a rugby n7's for a few years, very time consuming and all the paperwork, Jeez!

yeah and no-one helps you do they?hey just turn up for the game,play it then go to the pub or home and forget about it till the next game.not knowing that all week you're trying to sort out liasing with the other team,organising a referee,going to monthly meetings,sorting out fines and paperwork for fines and trying to keep the moneys in order and washing the kit.

and I don't know if you have this but Insurance waivers, I couldn't let anyone play without signing a waiver or I'd have been sued if anything happened.

oh yeah i forgot about insurance. and what really annoys me is people who don't turn up and they haven't told you they won't be there.on sunday morning football you get this all the time because some little lightweight has had a few too many on a saturday night.you're 30mins from kick off and you finally get hold of him only to be told he's in bed with a hangover and you have to scrape together a team with the worst player having to play in goal and you're playing top of the league.

Rings many bells MIE and Jim - I used to be part of an 'experienced' netball team - I was the youngest at 26, the eldest was over 50.

We were always up against 16 year olds - school teams who thought they were brilliant cos they were younger and quicker, but we had the experience and the moves - they ran about all over the place, all we had to do was find the gap - most games they were totally thrashed. Especially gratifying when they try and get your players sent off - One match their umpire stopped two of us playing cos our nails were too long (they weren't) and our umpire (16 years old, too wet to argue with a very butch over 40 yr old) agreed. We beat them by about 18 goals. Even more satisfying telling the under agers we were off for a pint to celebrate!

work has been bonkers so far this week so had very little time to do much posting. monday i had:
B:smoked salmon and full fat phillie
L:2 pork steak and salad
D:lamb doner/kofte mix kebeb w/salad

tuesday was:
B:tescos lincolnshire chipolatas and scrambled egg
L:2 pork steak and salad
D:tesco pepperoni and bacon omlette.

today has been so far sausage and eggs for breakfast. my mate rang me agian to play 5aside tonight so i'll have a bit of a run around too.bit dissapointed to be missing England V Holland but i'll catch the highlights i'm sure.

got to get back to drinking water too as the last couple of days i've been slacking.

Hi MIE, that's friendly tonight isn't it?

I'll take a wander down the pub then, won't mention that to her, it's a good excuse. ;) LOL

don't we all love. :)

well yesterday was
B:sausages and scrambled egg
L:2 pork steaks and salad
D:2 polish sausage omlette

won 5aside on wednesday night 16-12 although one of the lads hit the left hand post 4 times so could of been more.the other team were pretty bad and i'm still confused how they managed to get 12 but a wins a win. todays menu looks like this
B:smoked salmon and scrambled egg
L:tuna salad
D:some kind of omlette

Hi mate, those are impressive scores. :O

God yes, playing 7's used to exhaust me mate, I'd bee dripping in sweat. probably another reason I put on so much weight once I left the Army, I stopped playing.

Back