made's diary

I don't recall counting cream into my carbs at all Laura, but then I doubt if I had more than a table spoon at a time and that not daily either love.

didn't have omlette in the end as i went out for dinner.i had 9 oz burger with bacon and cheese with side salad.also ordered a mixed veg side dish which was basically brocolli and green beans instead of chips.i left the bun and was asked ''ooh was there something wrong with the bun?'' ''erm no... i just have a few carb issues at the moment''. which was met with one of the strangest facial expressions i think i've ever seen. also shared a combo starter of chicken sataay,lamb koftes and ribs.i let OH have the garlic bread.
started reading my mum's idiot proof diet book which is pretty interesting as it's atkins for dummies which works for me.not sure about all the fashion tips though as i don't think skirts suit me all too well.
in the idiot proof diet it mentions that eggs should be organic free range and this is non-negotiable.why is this? also back to the cream is single cream ok or does it have to be double?
today is
B:turkey steak and lettuce
L:chicken and broccolli
D:mushroom omlette.

I have no idea why the eggs should have to be organic, must be a health thing.

I think you can have either single or double, I use single in my coffee but it does have a slightly higher carb count than double. Not a problem if you're counting the carbs though.

I've heard really bad things about the "organic" meat industry, personally I think it's cruel to keep animals and not give them medicine when they get sick or infected, just my opinion but I can't imagine the "organic" egg trade is any kinder to their chickens.

Hi Made, if they ask about stuff like that just tell them you have a food intolerance!

If anyone gives me funny looks or cheek for not eating carbs, I say "I'm on low carb and I've lost 13lbs so far, so I'm not going to spoil it now am I?!"

So you'd do it again just to see if you could get someone to pull the same face?:D

I used to say I had a gluten allergy, that seemed to satisfy thyem

today my menu looks like this.
B:turkey steak and mushrooms
L:chicken breasts w/lettuce and broccoli
D:mushroom and bacon omlette.
reading the idiot proof diet i've found a pretty good website and it's free to sign up, it's www.fitday.com you can use it to log all your intake of food and it gives you a rundown of how many carbs,fats,calories etc. it also shows you a pie chart (mmm pie!) of all the percentages of your daily intake e.g yesterday i had 4% carbs 53% protein and 43% fat and i only had 1610 cals.it even tells you how much alcohol you have had but i think we'll ignore that statistic don't you?.:7834:

I used fitday back in the day MIE. It is good, but time consuming I found.

Morning MIE, how are you today mate? Friday's are good days!

i'm good today thanks jim.i think last weekend through me right out of ketosis as i had a particually naughty one, and this week i've been trying to get back in.yesterday was the 4th day since the wk/end and i had a splitting headache all day. i think now that it could have been mild atkins flu.but i never had it when i started the atkins plan 2 months ago so is that possible? got friends round tonight for shepherds pie and a few drinks.spent last night cooking with the OH in preperation.had to do it or she wouldn't have made an atkins friendly one for me.instead of carrots i have mushrooms and trying cauliflower mash for the first time.

Back