'MAGIC PORRIDGE'

So, either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just plan odd because I've tried the magic porridge and it ended up going straight in the bin :(

It just didn't seem like the porridge was 'cooked' as it was still tough and chewy?

Oh well, it would be a strange place if we all liked the same things :D

Maybe you are not leaving it long enough - overnight is best.

Or maybe you need a little more liquid, you could add a smidgeon of milk or a drop of water.

And don't forget to mix it really well.

So, either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just plan odd because I've tried the magic porridge and it ended up going straight in the bin :(

It just didn't seem like the porridge was 'cooked' as it was still tough and chewy?

Oh well, it would be a strange place if we all liked the same things :D

I suppose it does have a 'kind of chewy consistency' but I liked that. Didn't find it tough tho. Maybe as Donnie says you need to add a bit more liquid or leave a bit longer. But you're right not everyone's going to like it or that would be strange lol! Got an image of us all being stepford wives now hee hee. :D

Wendy

Quick suggestion!

I put my oats in a bowl with a little sugar free diluting juice and then cover with boiling water,cover with a plate and leave overnight.
It swells up to double the amount and is already blackcurrant flavoured. Zap it in the microwave for about a minute and a half and THEN add the mullerlight. This way you can have it roasting hot without curdling the yog. Add any extra fruit you want then.

YUMMY!

I tried the Magic Porridge yesterday morning. made it on Monday night with a Toffee Muller Light, and then nuked if for about 45 secs! I really enjoyed it. Thanks Donnie :D

yeah it was lurrrvly. thanks :)

magic porridge

I made mine with vanilla mullerlight it was yummy. I will make it regularly as I like porridge for breakfast but didn't like to use most of my milk so early in the day, thank you for the recipe

I'm on SW for my first week and im doing EE. I've had magic porridge twice for breakfast already. Its absolutely gorgeous. Thank you :D

Im eating my first bowl of magic porridge as we speak! Made it with a rhubarb muller light and just heated it up, so yummy so thank you! Its ideal as i can save my HEa for cheese on top of my chilli tonite!! Yum yum!!

so this is what 'Magic Porridge' is.....i feel enlightened now! :D xxx

Can you use Paw Ridge sachets or Oat So Simple - or would you have to eat a scan bran to make it the HEB?

xxx

Well i used regular porridge oats and onken fat free strawberry yogurt, left it overnight and tried it for breakfast. I have to say it thought it was disgusting. Have i made it right??

I just had to say....i saw someone wrote somewhere about a 'banoffee style' one....i did this with a toffee mullerlite, heated it up and chopped up a banana on top....VERY NICE!!! :)

FINALLY tried this today! I used 1 sachet Oats so Simple and 1 strawb muller light. Mixed together around 10pm, left in fridge and then ate it this morning around 7am wiht some fresh blueberries & raspberries mixed in. It was lush!!!

Thanks for recipe Donnie!

Oh I can't wait to try this now ....... I usually have the 'hot oat cereal' from aldi, do you think this would be ok to use? Its quite a fine mix, not as fine as ready brek but not as 'chunky' as oat so simple. x

Just to update ..... it doesn't work with 'hot oat cereal'! It must be too fine. It just tastes like stodgy porridge with a slight 'tang'. Will try it with the proper gear! x

ohhhhhhhhh I am going to try this - sounds yummy!!

I have just mixed porrige oats with a vanilla & choc mullerlight - already tastes gooooooood!

Thanks for this idea :D

Back