'MAGIC PORRIDGE'

Just had this and have to say its my new favourite breakfast.Had it cold,will try it warm tomorrow.

Diane

WOW, i tried this today and it was lovely, I used Sweet Cinnamon Oat so simple and a raspberry & cranberry muller light, it was really great, thanks for the idea! x

Do you need to put your scan bran in with it as I normally mush mine up with my oats & then add water or maybe best to leave out??

I buy a pkt of Bran (it last for ages) and I just sprinkle a teaspoon of Bran in with the porridge oats before I mix in the Mullerlite yoghurt.

I have mines mixed with vanilla muller and ready for the morning. Can't wait to try it :) Where do you get scan bran? Is it a SW product? Is ryvita similar or is that syned?
TIA
Wendy

Hi, I'm new to this website can anyone tell me if you can count the oat so simple porridge as a HE? If so which flavours and if not how many syns?
Thanks

Wow great I love the golden syrup one and was panicing as it's so nice I never thought I'd be able to have it on the diet!

Thanks for replying so quickly too

Only the original one is free as a HEB I'm afraid - all the flavoured ones you have to syn.

Last edited:
Thank you Maypole and Donnie I don't go to class use bodyoptimise so have bookmarked the site I can buy them from. Have to say I had the magic porrige this morning and wow! It's delicious and soooo filling, tho bonus that I can have a scan bran with it. Will def be trying that again!

Wendy

Tried it this morning, mixed mine with a banana & custard muller light - it was lovely, I warmed it up in the microwave too, the only thing I would say is that I thought it was a little too sweet so I will try with a plain vanilla one tomorrow, filled me up a lot more than my usual bran flakes or weetabix though!

Thanks Donnie - I love this breakfast! I used to buy EAT's version of this so it's great to be able to enjoy this for free on SW. I leave it overnight in the fridge so the oats plump up, and have it with berries or chopped banana. Yum! Really filling too.

Hayleyj123 - Yep!

So, either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just plan odd because I've tried the magic porridge and it ended up going straight in the bin :(

It just didn't seem like the porridge was 'cooked' as it was still tough and chewy?

Oh well, it would be a strange place if we all liked the same things :D

So, either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just plan odd because I've tried the magic porridge and it ended up going straight in the bin :(

It just didn't seem like the porridge was 'cooked' as it was still tough and chewy?

Oh well, it would be a strange place if we all liked the same things :D

Did you stir the yoghurt through the oats? I mixed them together really well and also I made mine at 5pm last night before I left work for the day then I didn't eat them till about 8.30 this morning, by this time he bowl was almost full because the oats had swelled up so much - maybe try leaving it for longer and see if it makes any difference

Yes i did mix it through properly. How long do you need to leave it for before it's edible? Maybe I'm not leaving it for long enough?

Back