Maintainers Refocus Month

Hi Westie!! Hope you're feeling a little better today. If not, go to the Dr's and I'll send up a hug.

Well, finally here at the end of the refocus month. It's been interesting! I've gained 2lb this week, been a bit naughty with the wine this week. Total loss only 8lb. Still, its a loss and I haven't been overly strict. :eek:

Had a discussion with OH yesterday. Well more like I nattered and he was a sounding board and then I think he hit the nail on the head. I don't like the Monday weigh ins. Fridays we have a glass of wine and Saturday and Sunday have always been family days. The kids aren't always here now but that is still the routine. Bit like roasts on Sunday. Now I know we're supposed to have broken those habits and Monday to Fridays I have and I don't intend to let weekends have the better of me, I just want to lead a sensible life. The Monday weigh in's put me in a scrambled mindset for most of the week and I could not settle properly and do this the best way I could.

I'm going in for another month but I'm having Friday weigh ins. We'll see how it goes!

See you at the scales if you wish to join me again. :D

Whoa, FT!! That makes sense to me! I don't want to be overly strict because I don't have as much to lose and so am not as desperate to do it quickly. I want to enjoy my weekend, and have some social time, and therefore weighing on a Monday is not a good idea for me either. I kind of throw in the towel a little because I've let go a little too much. I'm still about 11lb down since Xmas (or I was on Wednesday the last time I got weighed - won't be that now!). I think I am going to change my weigh in day too! Might beat myself up a little less I think.

That's great Poppy!

I can tell you I already feel better about making the decision! I have a harder line focus Monday to Friday and I have the choice of the weekend.

Lets see how it goes.....

Hi guys,

I think I'll come and join you all for February if that's ok. My weight has gone up 4lb since I completed RTM in October. I do really well all week then at weekends I go to stay at a friends who is a brilliant cook and I end up eating home made bread which I know is a trigger. So I really want to get back under 9 stones for the end of February.

Girl outdoor, I'm totally in awe of your exercise regime. Can I ask how long ago did you first start? or were you faily fit even when you were heavier?

I'm managing 7.5k during my runs at the moment. I have signed up for the 10k in May which I think is totally do-able. I then want to do a half marathon in September but worry from time to time I'm over optomistic. However, then I read your posts and feel like I'm a wimp...lol.

Daisy, I've just read your link......wow, I so hope you manage to do the challenge for such a worthy cause. Good luck...:D

I've always been fit "for my size" so have something of a head start on you guys! Started running in March last year, but only intensively since RTM in September.

The thing is I really enjoy exercise, so I'm in awe of people who don't enjoy it all that much and still push themselves to do it :)

In my two months since I was last here I had forgotten how awesome everyone is! I so wish I had come back a month before now but I was quite ashamed of myself for going so off track so soon after finishing RTM. I have just read all 13 pages of this thread and it has really made me realise that I am "normal". Like Sean said, I will always struggle with my weight but this is the first new year that I can remember where I have even weighed myself post Christmas so me doing something about it does show that I have learned something (despite not thinking that I have and feeling like a massive failure).
Thank you guys - I will be doing abstinence for at least another week after finishing this week (on Sunday) and then will need to re-introduce food again. It will be high protein/low carb and see how I go.
You are all inspirations
xx

Hi Jo!! How's it going this week? Getting a grip is all part of the process.

Well it's Friday!! YAY!! And... since Monday I've lost the 2 lb I put on last week. Mindset is so much in a better place!

Today I will have pack, pack, small meal and a SMALL glass of wine. Tomorrow we have visitors who are expecting the full Sunday roast treatment on a Saturday so the steamed veg and a small piece of the meat will be in order with glass of wine. Still no carbs or over indulgence but control and knowledge.

I don't feel as though i'm 'blowing it' before weigh in so I might as well scoff. I don't feel as though I'm cheating myself. I'm happy that this is planned.

I've enjoyed this week. I'm in control!

This week's going well now - wasn't at the beginning, I had forgotten how bad getting into ketosis is. It was the emotional side of things that really got to me. I just felt crap, cold, hungry and pi$$ed off.
I had a bit of a blip today but without thinking about it - at work someone asked if I wanted a skinny latte, I said yes and it was only when I was half way through it that I realised! Ooops, hopefully it won't do too much damage. Back on the straight and narrow now.
Hope everyone else is in a fabulously positive frame of mind xx

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome back. I'm feeling a little better. The trip to the doc wasn't overly helpful, told they don't prescribe anti bs for anything but the most awful sore throats, so I've just got to ride it out!

Loving the Friday weigh in idea, although i'm a daily weigher, but don't get up over the daily fluctuations.

I've had a funny week and have definately overeaten most days -TOTM due and I could tell! I'm finding sticking to SW very tough at the moment. My rebellious child is having a field day because "I'm not allowed" many things. I know it's childish but I just can't switch it off.

This week I've decided to try a different approach. I know my biggest problem is eating between meals. I can eat about 50% (or more) of my daily calories inbetween meals, which is shocking!

I have decided this week to cut out all that extra food because I know I'm rarely hungry when I eat it and it is mostly habitual. I think that it will be a tough one because the habits are so ingrained but I'm willing to give it a go and feel quite positive about it :)

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Sometimes I just love abstinence! When I did it the first time around I lost 11lbs in the first week...this time, despite still being 6.5 stone lighter than I was back then I have lost 12.5lbs!!! I am amazed. I've decided that I am doing one more week as I know that this week is primarily water and glycogen and next week is more likely to be mostly fat. So, 7 more days to go and then a short RTM and I am ready for the rest of the year.
Hope everyone elses week is going well xx

well done Jo!

I'm feeling pleased with myself excercise wise. i have started my training for the Yorkshire 3 peaks.
i walked to work and back on friday - used up about 500 cals in 1.5 hour walking (so compensated for the choc birthday cake i had in the office!)
i really enjoyed walking, but i could feel my legs yesterday. unfortunately I can only walk into work on fridays as the rest of the week i am driving about.

i did 30 mins running on the trampette yesterday

today i went for a walk in derbyshire - did 4k in less than an hour up and down some hills.

next week we are going to go further and build up.

I'm not cutting back on food tho - and am aware i have to stop myself eating more just cos i have done the excercise

daisy x

its great to have a goal westie.
however i have just sat here and eaten a bag of peanut and choc coated raisins - just because they are here.

at the back of mind i think well i prob walked off the calories, so its ok, but it isn't really as i didn't need them.
however i would have eaten them anyway, so at least by doing the walk i won't have put on as much as i would have done if i hadn't walked......

hmmm....

daisy x

Another 2 lb off for me this week. I'm really enjoying this now!!

Monday to Friday evening an absolute angel and a slight slip of the halo at the weekend. BUT I found I wasn't very naughty anyway! OH told me what he's cooking for me tonight and I declined a couple of the carby options simply because I don't have a liking for them any more.

I think I may have found my structure.

Daisy, why did you have the raisins in the house???

my husband had them - and you have just reminded me i haven't replced them! He's been away all week - i hope he's forgotton about them. can't even blame the kids as they don't like them ...oops!

well done on your two pound loss (- think i have found them...do you want em back, i have too many of my own, lol!)

i'm a walking disaster at the moment - don't want to talk about it, let me bury my head in the sand...
i will sort myself out soon, all this yoyoing is wearing me out :-(

hope everyone else is doing well

half term now, hurrah ( traditionally a time where I would put on at least 3 lbs - so really do need to be careful!)

daisy x

Don't you dare replace them! If he wants them he can go buy them! (But don't tell him and he probably won't notice anyway.)

No I don't want the 2 lb back but I'll send you a hug for the offer.

Chin up, you could still be the weight you were this time last year. Summer is coming!!!!!

...carry on this way and i soon will be the weight i was this time last year!

he hasn't noticed yet...
x

Come on Dais!!!! You can do this!!!!

Concerts and shoulder sitting, nights out with the girls being the littlest there.....

Dig down deep!

You can do it Daisy! You won't be back at your old weight at all - you hated being like that! Take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time if needs be xx

So, I got weighed by my LLC on Thursday and I have now lost the stone or so that I put on and am now the same weight I was when I finished. 10 days in abstinence and it's all gone! Awesome!

LL have launched a new "relaunch" RTM programme where you can re-feed over a 10 day period, started that this evening. Had a nice tea of 3 mini chicken breast fillets and some lovely crunchy salad. Really enjoyed it and not a carb in sight! The only thing is I wish it was summer as salad in the winter seems slightly odd.

I feel so much happier in myself knowing that I can get back comfortably into all of my clothes. I can't promise that this is the last time I will have to do a "short sharp shock" but I'm certainly not planning for it. Looking forward to being able to make some soup for lunches this week, have bought some mini chicken fillets to go in lunches this week - nice and healthy and a lot cheaper than buying lunch at work
xx

Back