Maintainers Refocus Month

I'd get yourself a heart rate monitor Poppy, and make sure you stick in the "fat burning zone". The change when you go into the cardio zone is that your body will primarily want to fuel itself from glycogen, which if you're back on the packs you're very short of ;)

You can get a HRM for about £15 posted on ebay, with a chest strap. You can then keep manually changing the treadmill speed to do intervals that keeps your heart rate in the right place.

Welcome G out D .... our fold is ever increasing :)!

I have a similar dilema PS ... i'm off to Centre Parcs for the half term week (15th Feb) and then on the 27th Feb off to the British Virgin Islands for a week and would like to drop about another 10 lbs for that but finding that by doing the low carb i'm getting that same light headed dizzy feeling I used to get with LL and also don't have as much energy as usual so not sure what excercise to do and how often really?

Like the sound of the HRM G out D and that makes sense about keeping in the fat burning zone, maybe I will try that!

x

Ooh, yes! Great idea!! I ran (jogged slowly at 4.0 - ?km?!) on the treadmill, when I would normally have done over 5.0 - I managed 20 minutes though and felt great afterwards, but probably still have the takeaway in reserve which was hopefully get burnt off!

Thanks for all the tips all, and FT, I bet you looked gorge on your 40th!!!

I will definitely try the heartrate monitor. Thank you for that!

Hi there
I've been a bit AWOL as Im a bit unfocussed to be honest!

I did my 2 weeks of abstinence fine. Lost approx 10-12lbs.

Have been eating for about 12 days and 7lb back on, so not too good.

not a total disaster, but I really need to sort myself out, can't get in the zone at the moment. I do really well all day, then come 7pm I just can't stop eating. Its ridiculous, I'm so cross at myself every night.

was 9.8 this morning - want to be 8.9

I will get back - just struggling atm.

Just bought some gorgeous emu boots, hoping they will be an incentive as i don't want my legs to get too fat to wear them, lol!

Daisy x

Hey D_D good to have you back.

Don't stress, although it's frustrating when we gain it's only to be expected, as the saying goes "Life's a journey not a destination" and we all need to remember that from time to time.

TBH what you have experienced is exactly the reason why I didn't want to be abstinent again to lose the Christmas Excesses; I couldn't see that my head woul dbe in the right space at then end. Let's face it none of us are where we were 12 months ago!

My 2p worth is to move on. Accept the gain and settle into a long-term plan of steady, mostly healthy, eating and regular exercise. Don't plan on weight loss or a target as such just see how it goes & I'll bet you lose 1lb or more most weeks without the stress.

or ignore me! Many do :)

Hi there
I've been a bit AWOL as Im a bit unfocussed to be honest!

I did my 2 weeks of abstinence fine. Lost approx 10-12lbs.

Have been eating for about 12 days and 7lb back on, so not too good.

not a total disaster, but I really need to sort myself out, can't get in the zone at the moment. I do really well all day, then come 7pm I just can't stop eating. Its ridiculous, I'm so cross at myself every night.

was 9.8 this morning - want to be 8.9

I will get back - just struggling atm.

Just bought some gorgeous emu boots, hoping they will be an incentive as i don't want my legs to get too fat to wear them, lol!

Daisy x

Hi Daisy

SOrry you are struggling. Thing is - 2 weeks abstinance is really not long enough. Our LLC will not let returners do any less the 4 weeks, because it can screw up the bodys clock. In 2 weeks, you really only lose glycogen, mainly. So if you start eating again right after just 2 weeks, you just replenish the store.

Hang in there....spend some time getting focused just on eating healthy and exercise. That may be the best way forward, as Sean said.

See Sean....we dont ignore you! :D

i know - i should have continued.
I need to get back into excercise.
Just found a pic from summer on an old camera which i had never seen (**** have put in my gallery****) i look really happy and thats what I want to get back to
daisy x

Good luck Daisy - we are all here for you. But at the end of the day, you just need to reach deep insde and get your focus - and tap into that. You will. Even if you bob up and down a bit in the process, I do believe you will not want to return to your old self, and that you wion't.

But it is indeed harder maintaining then losing. But you hold the key.

Good luck hon.

x

Hi Daisy

Keep at it. As long as you are trying you will keep it under control and eventually get your head around maintenance.

I have had a very rocky month and gained another 10lbs last week :eek:, but pulled it back this week to a STS. Next week I will definitely see a loss ;). Lots of learning going on.

You can do it! xx

This week's been going well for me. Got the ok to start exercising and stop wearing the support garments from my plastic surgeon today. Went straight out for a very slow 5k run (well, run/walk) which is the first decent exercise I've done in 7 weeks. Now just gotta get my fitness back up... there's talk of doing a non-stop 400km adventure race in the summer...

Oooooh OG,
I feel exhausted just thinking about it.
Think I need to go and lie down!
Good for you though - I am in awe

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Girloutdoors thats great - you will back up to speed in no time at all!

Having a very foccussed day today - have actually just eaten a proper meal for the first time in ages with the kids round the table.

I usually makes theirs about 5pm with the plan of eating later, but I pick then can't be bothered to cook just for me - then end up carbing after 8pm

lets see if I have nailed it today..... will report back later this evening!

Thanks for all of your support the other day, I will crack it!

daisy x

Cheers :)

Survived an hour of body combat yesterday, and 600m in the pool. It was hard to try and take things easy in combat though and not do jump kicks, sure I'll get back to them soon.

A Bit Late to the Party........

Just found this thread and my, how much I have missed you guys :eek:

Another struggler here, and refocus is needed. I have to admit that I am unhappy with where I am and the regain I have made over the last few months. Granted I am no where near where I was this time last year (and I am grateful for that) but I am quite a few pounds above my goal. Ideally I would like to lose 2 more stone. It's funny that I feel a bit of a failure that I don't seem to have learnt much where food is concerned, even with all those LL classes :eek:

I have resisted going back to packs, even though I have contemplated it in desperate moments. The CBT was good but packs were just too easy for me. Ideally I would love an LL style programme (small closed groups etc) but with food involved lol.

I made quite a few positive changes at the end of last year. I joined a gym and was going to classes every week (and loving it) and joined Slimming World. Then Xmas came along and like many of us, I let loose and put on a huge amount in a very small space of time :eek:

January was supposed to be my refocus month but unfortunately quite early in the month I became ill with what seemed to be just an ordinary cold but developed to be quite flu like and followed with an ear infection. Needless to say all motivation went out the window and comfort food and no exercise has not helped. However by being ill and by generally trying to be healthy I am almost back to where I was the week before Xmas and generally holding steady.

The plan is now for February to be my refocus month to start losing again, although last night I had a sore throat and this morning it feels like I've swallowed razor blades and my throat has white patches all over it. I'm sick of being ill and just want to get back to the normal and back to the gym, which I miss immensely :(

Anyway, sorry for the moan. I really have missed you guys and I hope that being back can give me the focus again that I've missed desperately. I loved our joint journeys last year and the support network we had.

We're always here too. It has been a bit quiet lately so welcome back.
Have you thought of doing LL Lite where you incorporate a meal?
Have you still got your tonsils? (I don't mean in a jar!) White spots sounds like tonsitlits. I used to get that.
Hope you feel better soon hun.
It's difficult to be focused when you aren't well.

Whoops, it was all going so well until Saturday... I was home for the weekend and had 2 meals out on Sat, including two deserts...

So this week overall I have STS.

Thinking about it, that's not really the end of the world considering it did include a weekend away and some stupid eating, but I really want to get 2-3lbs off this coming week. I don't have any meals out planned, I'm back exercising and feeling very focussed so this will happen.

I'm also pleased that I didn't snack too much, which is a real habit when I go back to my parents. I notice that as soon as I get in the house I automatically head towards the cupboard where the snacky stuff lives. The power of habit is strong isn't it?!

I'm also being realistic on the training front and have decided to not agree to be in a team for the 400km adventure race in August. It would put far too much training pressure on me. Instead I'm thinking a half ironman triathlon (1900m swim, 98km cycle, 20km run) as my end of summer goal... it's trying to find the balance of something that's challenging but also achievable! The advantage of the triathlon as well is that it's a solo rather than team affair so I'll only have myself to worry about, rather than worrying about letting team mates down.

Blimey G_o_D, you don't like setting easy targets do you? Congratulations on getting back into training though.

Welcome Westie, as you know you're always welcome in the LL family on Minimins :) and as we're all coming to terms with the fact that the journey is a long and winding road (hmm that would make a good song title), with food 'speed bumps' along the way and many pot holes that we often can't see in advance!

So January is oficially over (hooray, miserable busy month), and we move into Feb in better shape than we started the year.

I've had a pretty goood month overall. Been very sensible and 'on plan' for 14 days (inc no booze), then last 2 weeks had a little wine & more carbohydrates whilst being conscious of food intake 95% of the time (ok a small indiscretion or 2 on weekends). Started on 01/01/10 at 14st 2lb (ouch), weight at 01/02/10 12st 8lb :) and slap bang in the middle of my 'allowed' weight range :)

Lessons learned:
1. No matter how hard I try, I will put on weight at an alarming rate
2. This is normal
3. I can and do have the will power to stop weight gain
4. Losing weight can happen naturally (ie I don't 'have' to be abstinent)
5. I definately feel happier & healthier when not loading on carbohydrates

:) so a good month with a few more useful lessions learned. How about the rest of you? Has January shaped up how you hoped it would?

hi sean
you have done really well over the month - and i guess realistically a once a month weigh in is a good idea as weekly it can get a bit too 'up and downy'
i will be getting weighed at LL for another fortnight, which will take it to a month since being weighed so I am hoping to be about the same.

G-o-D good luck with your training.

I am thinking of doing the yorkshire 3 peaks challenge in may - I am going to start getting back out jogging then do some walking in the peak district every other week to get some hill climbing prac in - thorpe cloud on sunday.

i'm hoping i will be able to do it as it is for my friends charity ( see weblink in my signature) and I may be driving for their national 3 peaks at the end of may, which actually scares me more than the walking, lol all that responsibility!

anyway, it might just be the kick i need to get back excercising

Westie - sounds like tonsilitis. I had my tonsils out age 30 - best thing i ever did!

Daisy x

The Yorkshire 3 Peaks sounds like fun Daisy!

I've decided to take the convienient route to losing some more weight and will be doing 3 exante packs + 2 small low carb meals a day for a while as I've decided I really want to lose 21lbs. Around half of that to get back to target and half to drop my target a bit which I think will do me a lot of good in the long term as it will be less stress on my joints when running. I've ordered the 4 week @ 4 packs a day exante package which should arrive tomorrow and last me 37 days...

Hi Westie lovely to hear from you again! Sorry your poorly ... get to the docs asap and hopefully you'll be back to normal soon, I stuggled with a throat infection for a month before I finally gave and and saw the doc, a couple of days into the antibiotics I was feeling soooo much better ... why did I not go sooner:confused:? Good luck for your Feb refocus, look forward to seeing how your doing!

Wow G o D & Daisy your excercise plans are very inspirational .... mine is to run all the Race For Life rather than walk which is very lame compared to yours.

Sean your lessons are so true for me too (and others I imagine), what a succesful month Jan has been for you!

Its so weird how minimins and you guys are keeping me on the staright and narrow, just knowing that I need to post my weight on a Monday morning really keeps the motivation for me, obviously I'm doing it for myself but this really helps ... thanks guys!

I lost 2 this week which I'm really pleased with as broke the Jan alcohol detox a couple of days early on Sat night at a 40th party and got absolutely blindingly drunk (not sure why, didn't intend to) so after 3 bottles of wine / champange I expected a huge gain but was so ill yesterday I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised:eek:. So 16 lb off for me in Jan which is more than I had hoped for and only 4 lb to my original goal, I would like to lose a further 7 lbs on top of that 4 to give me a buffer but have two holidays this month so that's very unlikely to happen but for now i'm sticking with the low carb and going to make much more of an effort with the excercise!

Have a great week all :)

x

Back