Maintainers Refocus Month

keep working at it kik, it will work. i had turned into a monster evening snacker almost to the point of driving myself crazy. i'm glad to say i've managed to get myself out of the habit after a few days though so the urge to snack will go eventually.

me too - evening time is the worst for me - i can go all day without wanting to snack, but come 7pm when kids are upstairs i need to tie myself down the chair to stop me picking!!!
daisy x

There must be something you can do with your hands other than sit on them to stop them opening the fridge!! Paint, sew, knit, do a jiigsaw, write a book!!!!

i know all the ideas its just putting them into prac that is the hard thing!

handcuffs are prob the best idea then i couldn't move lol

just been on wii dance for an hour and my appetite has gone! (for now!)

daisy x

LOL - can just see us all tied to our chairs around the country:Dhehehehe
Day 3 now doing good have excercised tonight to the Wii & then sat with laptop on knee & bottle of water - not really thought about snacking tonight.

Evening sncking THE absolute worst time for me too. Still have the 'urges' and currently getting by with mugs of hot coffee & a Muller Light at 9.00pm. I know too prescriptive, but it works for me!

Not an ideal day yesterday as at short notice had to travel to Colchester & spent 9hrs in meetings. Lunch was laid on so had no option but to have some sandwiches (aaargghhh!!!!) --> However I eas restrained and had only a couple and no crisps, biscuits etc that were put in front of me all day :). 3hr drive home so no time for any exercise either :(

50th lunch challenge today, Wine tasting Awards launch tomorrow & away for the weekend....... Still there's then 3 weeks before holiday to get back on track if needed, I was just hoping to be able to ease-off by the end of next week.

Still, as I'm not 'dieting' just 'losing a few lbs' then I guess I shouldn't stress.

morning all,
sorry for the lack of posts , life is waaay to hektickwith teaching , learning and the salon , bit of a blur to be honest!!!
things going great though , im really taking to the vegan lifestyle, i havent missed the dairy , eggs or seafood/fish that i still ate at all . ive ordered some great vegan cook books , my fav is vegan cooking for one , brilliant ! so many recipies and all for 1 person so theres so much choice and of course the portion control is right there ,sorted !!:D
been making my own vegan grainy bread for when i do have a little and its fab .
cant praise it enough i feel fab , less bloated , calm (odd i know ) and havent felt a single moment where i could raid the fridge/cupboard /cookie jar ! now theres a new concept :D:D
so this week another 2 lb off and i think that is amazing 7.6 lb in 2 weeks and im eating ! wow !
well done to everyone , we all seem to be slowly climbing on top of our own food demons and refocusing in our own ways , thats got to be a good thing !!! good luck for this week everyone xx

thats fab!.
i did go vegan for a few months about 15 years ago, but found it too difficult to do so reverted back to vegetarian. A good friend of mine has been for years - and she is super slim and healthy.

its definately a good way to eat, but i'm too disorganised to go the whole way and didn't want to label myself just in case i couldn't do it!

some of my meals are vegan and i think you have inspired me to put a bit more effort in and make a few more that way!

you are doing brill with it - keep up the good work
daisy x

ahh thanks daisy , it certainly seems a fantastic way to lead a healthy lifestyle rather than the ups and downs ive always had , i just needed the push in the right direction i guess :0)

hi everyone!
Glad everyones doing ok - not had much time to post but have logged in a few times this week and tried to keep up with everyone else!
I have been abstinent for 12 days now and lost 12lbs so am really really proud of myself after so many false starts!
I need to lose another 9lbs to get down to my lowest so hoping to stay abstinent til Monday (weigh in) and then do fish/chicken and salad for 2 weeks to lose a few more pounds.

Mind you, if I could have 4 nut fudge bars a day I could stay on abstinence a bit longer :)

Well done Daisy - I was looking for somewhere to go for a meal out in a few weeks that wouldnt end up as a disaster - and I still need to have a dessert!!

I had a bit of a strange week. Don't know why, just strange. Still struggling hugely with the water.

Managed another 2lbs though so 10 lb in the three weeks. I'm quite pleased with that as I still would say I'm a long way from the 'diet'!!!

Last week of the month, and the four weeks, now starting. I'm going to double the efforts, especially with the water!!!

Everyone else doing OK?

Glad you are back on track Kik and well done for the losses Sukie, Jazzy and FT!!

Well I am totally amazed as was hoping to lose 1 lb last week as had two meals out so never expected more but have lost 3 lb :eek: .... so that's exactly a stone in 3 weeks wahooooo! Must admit I was very good when out for the meals and had no carbs or puddings and now I can see it was so worth it.

Got a 40th birthday do this week and plan to break my Jan alcohol detox a couple of days early so not sure how that will affect the scales next week!

Keeping going guy's .....

x

Well, I'm coming in to this thread :) Had a real loss of focus the last couple of weeks, a lot of it caused by stress... shows how my coping mechanism is still food! I'm a bit above target at the moment and would like to get below target, so I am looking to shed a stone. I'm planning to do this just through healthy eating, probably doing alternative days of low cal/normal cal/low cal etc to keep my metabolism up and my weekly calorie average down.

I'm also expecting to get the go ahead to start exercising again on Wednesday which will really help, not just in terms of burning calories but also to get me out of the house a bit more and get rid of execess stress/energy, which otherwise manifests itself in eating.

Hi All, glad to see so many of us sticking through Jan.

Well my 2 events last week & weekend away have seriously derailed th e'diet' aspect, however up to Saturday Morning I'd lost another 3lb getting me into the top end of my 'box' weight.

I'm really happy with that and as a result will be stepping away from the diet as such and trying to modify food intake for the next 3 weeks prior to holiday. If I can lose a few more lb then great, but if not I'll not stress. No events in next couple of weeks other than my Birthday (and one night won't kill me), so hopeful to drop a little more.

My wife's keen on trying the "Big Fat Diet Show" diet, so I'll not be low carbing for the next 2 weeks but will be calorie counting. Be interesting to see how we get on :)

I didn't weigh in properly as such, as have had the past two weekends off (although far less chocolate/wine/carbs than I have been succumbing to recently!) I've been sticking to it in the week, but I did eat on Friday/Saturday and Sunday evenings (not quite so good as one of them was a fatty takeaway split over two nights!).

Anyway, the way that I look at it is that I am dropping lbs, yes, slower than last time on LL, but Exante is fine and will work if I want it to! I go to Egypt on 20 February, so I need to get focussed and try and stick to it for the next three weeks so that I can fit into my shorts!

I quite like the strict/not strict at all aspect of my 'diet' at the moment, as I have a choice and I'm making it and accepting the outcome, whatever that is.

Well done everyone on still being here - I did think that the thread had been so quiet and everyone had gone into hiding (speaking of which, where are you Daisy??).

Good luck all.

Come on in G out D!!! it's not that bad in here. How's the after op?

Great stuff Susi and Sean, it's just about choices and acceptance really, isn't it?

I'm glad you're looking a the choices aspect too Poppy. Egypt beckons!! Are you going to hit that big 40 birthday with or without those shorts????;)

LOL FT!! Yep, I want to get back in those short alright! I've got a dilemma though - I have started running, very slowly, at the moment on my treadmill and I'm actually really enjoying it again - I don't think that I can run and do packs though - I'm sure it burns lean muscle or something like that, as the body can't convert the fat quickly enough. I have three weeks though to go, and I want to lose a stone! Think I might be setting my sights a little too high?! Ideas anyone as to the best way to go?

Chop your leg off !! No , sorry Poppy, you know me!
Just do what you can. The weight will come off, if it''s 12 lbs or a stone - only you will know and you'll still be able to wear your shorts and have a brilliant trip.
Lovely to have you back xx;)

LOL P_S, a little light exercise won't do you any harm provided you don't over do things & rest sufficiently. I find I can (and do) do much more exercise now than I thought possible last year, and it definately helps with weight loss even when not being 'too careful' with what I eat.

You can only do what you can Poppy. But 4 weeks is a good way yet, though these last 3.5 weeks has gone like a shot! You should manage to do the most of it if you get your head in there! The shorts will be fine, and the cozzy. All that diving on the reefs too!! Bit of a pre summer tan. Almost getting jealous here!!

I had my 40th in Ireland with what turned out to be a wonderful craic, but I hate the photos.

Back