• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

making SW chilli tonight....

I'm injured already - washed my hand after chopping the chillis, then rubbed my eyes........... OUCH! My whole face is on fire lol!

I been having the SW chilli about once a week as it is so nice :)

I bought a hot chilli mix from tesco and add it in with the meat at the start.

Really yummy and helps avoid the eye injuries :) i am a conplete clutz :D and have saved myself with the new mixes we keep finding.

Was really nice! Will def be making again, after investing in some chilli flakes or gloves!

I just use chilli powder too - then to give it the "authentic" look, sprinkle chopped chilli at the end.

I find it one of the simplist recipes going:

Extra Lean Mince - dry fried with chopped Onion & Garlic
drain
Add back to the pan with a tin of chopped tomoatoes with chill, chilli powder, chopped peppers, mushrooms, grated carrot (so DD can't see it ;) ) & chopped courgettes, leave on a low light to simmer then a tbsp of tomato sauce right at the end.

Kidney beans go in depending on that days HEb choices :)

I made this last night, and must say really enjoyed it. Can I ask why the kidney beans count as healthy extra? It doesnt say that in the magazine? sorry if I sound thick.

I made this last night, and must say really enjoyed it. Can I ask why the kidney beans count as healthy extra? It doesnt say that in the magazine? sorry if I sound thick.
You don't sound thick at all :) It's because I have it as a red day meal & 113g red kidney beans (boiled weight) can be taken as an HEb choice as pulses on a red day aren't free. I only do red/green days.

I'm not an ee fan, but am sure that there's a way around it on that plan :)