making SW chilli tonight....

raachel28

Sooooooooooo looking forward to it. I've been sticking to simple things, salads, rice, pasta, jacket potatoes etc. This is the first thing on SW that I'm making from scratch (might be the last depending on the results lol!) :rolleyes:

I love SW chilli, i make it alot and take it to work with me :)

Its especially nice on a baked potato with a dollop of creme fraiche!!!

I'm injured already - washed my hand after chopping the chillis, then rubbed my eyes........... OUCH! My whole face is on fire lol!

I been having the SW chilli about once a week as it is so nice :)

I bought a hot chilli mix from tesco and add it in with the meat at the start.

Really yummy and helps avoid the eye injuries :) i am a conplete clutz :D and have saved myself with the new mixes we keep finding.

Was really nice! Will def be making again, after investing in some chilli flakes or gloves!

I just use chilli powder too - then to give it the "authentic" look, sprinkle chopped chilli at the end.

I find it one of the simplist recipes going:

Extra Lean Mince - dry fried with chopped Onion & Garlic
drain
Add back to the pan with a tin of chopped tomoatoes with chill, chilli powder, chopped peppers, mushrooms, grated carrot (so DD can't see it ;) ) & chopped courgettes, leave on a low light to simmer then a tbsp of tomato sauce right at the end.

Kidney beans go in depending on that days HEb choices :)

I made this last night, and must say really enjoyed it. Can I ask why the kidney beans count as healthy extra? It doesnt say that in the magazine? sorry if I sound thick.

I made this last night, and must say really enjoyed it. Can I ask why the kidney beans count as healthy extra? It doesnt say that in the magazine? sorry if I sound thick.

You don't sound thick at all :) It's because I have it as a red day meal & 113g red kidney beans (boiled weight) can be taken as an HEb choice as pulses on a red day aren't free. I only do red/green days.

I'm not an ee fan, but am sure that there's a way around it on that plan :)

Back