Male weirdness = bit frightened

clojo

I've managed to lose a little over 1st 1/2, I don't think I look that different. But last night was one of the most uncomfortable nights of my life.
I'm not used to male attention, because I've been shy and had no self esteem to put myself out there. But last night, men were all over me. And I hope I don't sound big headed.
But it made me feel a little violated. Particularly as some of these would be suitors were very old friends of mine. And whilst it is flattering, it's also very weird.
I was wondering if anyone else out there is having (or has had) any difficulty getting used to their new body...... :confused:
xx

I have the same thing, not wanting to sound big headed but it seems like they're all chasing me! I think it's a change in attitude with me because when I was big I used to be so needy and I tried too hard to get people to like me whereas now I couldnt give a rats.

Can I just ask do you know what the boots scales go up to?;)

Hi Clojo,

I can't help as I'm still the one who never gets chatted up & is too lacking in confidence to put myself out there BUT ...... I can't wait to be fighting 'em off !!! LOL

yoyo
xx

Yes I find it very intimidating and it makes me very self conscious. At work the other day I got the comment of "ooo hot little dress", I almost ran away and went the colour of a beetroot, I don't think of myself that way at all.

xx

Im gonna love it!!! However, even at my biggest I have never been the shy type!

Take the compliments - Just make it clear when someone is being inapproriate.

I have always had rather large boobs, and for some reason men seem to think it is okay to point that out to each other and to me. I usually have one or two funny lines up my sleeve to level the playing field!

But dont feel embaressed, just smile a dazzling smile and walk away.

Good Luck xxx

I've never been one to get upset by male attention, in fact even at my heaviest I still felt sexy, just not as sexy. Though I can understand how intimidating it can be at first. I usually find that a good old smirk while saying "you wish"...stops the unwanted attention....practice it, it does get easier.

I love it! I have always had male attention and not something I have shyed away from. I just get alot more now and it can keep on coming lol

Kat xx

I love it! I have always had male attention and not something I have shyed away from. I just get alot more now and it can keep on coming lol

Kat xx

You enjoy girl xx

To be truthful, I think everyone loves a complement as long as meant sincerely, enjoy.
(Just browsing the posts for inspiration, just about to start the Lighterlife programme, end of month.)

To be truthful, I think everyone loves a complement as long as meant sincerely, enjoy.
(Just browsing the posts for inspiration, just about to start the Lighterlife programme, end of month.)

Good luck to you!! You won't regret it!! :)

Learning to take compliments is a tricky thing, especially after spending so long being so self-aware and self-concious about weight/looks etc. When someone says you look good, it's almost an automatic response to doubt them/think they're "just being nice" and so forth.

I finally figured out that if they didn't mean what the say, they wouldn't say it, so take them at their word and just allow it to make you feel good about yourself.

@ the OP, I'm not saying that you should just let a bevvy of blokes be all over you, I'm just suggesting that what might have simply been a bit of friendly complimenting *seemed* to be all over you, especially if you haven't had that sort of experience before or are worried about it ?

@ kev* Welcome to MM's and LL mate, always good to have another bloke onboard :) (not that I don't enjoy the company of all these ladies! ;) )

I'm just going to enoy it from now. I've spent too many years being ignored and miserable. But it is like discovering a super power. I'm going out on saturday to test my new abilities and embrace the weirdness.
xx

I'm just going to enoy it from now. I've spent too many years being ignored and miserable. But it is like discovering a super power. I'm going out on saturday to test my new abilities and embrace the weirdness.
xx

you go girl, well done x

Back