Total Solution Mandy's Journey.............

Got weighed at my friends and had my morning shake there.
Chocolate mixed in a shaker as I wasn't at home to use my blender. I shook it for ages but it still had lumps in it.
Lunch was a toffee, nut and raisin bar with a black coffee.
Tea, tomato and basil soup with plenty of black pepper and a glass of water.
Have drunk a glass of water every time i went into the kitchen and had 2 cups of green tea. For those that haven't tried it, it's really nice. Normal tea seems to be bitter without milk. Also i have some tesco strawberry water in the fridge when i want a treat.

Mandy

I wonder if any else feels hungry a couple of hours of eating a bar. It's happened to me, and my friend who is also on exante mentioned it. We do drink more water with the bars and it does help a bit.

Anyway todays menu lol!
Breakfast/banana shake.....yummy
lunch/thai chicken soup
tea/mushroom soup and black pepper

Lots of green tea and water.

Mandy

Wow, your loss was great Mandy, you must be really chuffed :) I can't really comment on the hunger after bars subject as I'm only on day 3 at the moment so hunger is pretty much constant!
x

I'm only having them every other day, thank goodness. I think i will order a shake pack from exante next time and buy the slimfast bars instead to see if there a little better.

Mandy

I wonder if any else feels hungry a couple of hours of eating a bar. It's happened to me, and my friend who is also on exante mentioned it. We do drink more water with the bars and it does help a bit.

Anyway todays menu lol!
Breakfast/banana shake.....yummy
lunch/thai chicken soup
tea/mushroom soup and black pepper

Lots of green tea and water.

Mandy

I've had a box of green tea in my cupboard for a good month now, I'll give one a try later. I've got peppermint tea too, which I actually quite like now, I put a canderel tablet in and don't let it sit for too long and it's quite nice :)

I'm only having them every other day, thank goodness. I think i will order a shake pack from exante next time and buy the slimfast bars instead to see if there a little better.

Mandy

I only have the shakes now, they suit me better. I haven't noticed the hunger after the bars, but I always have a cup of tea with mine or a glass of Dr Pepper so maybe that's why I don't feel it :rolleyes:

Doing well hun!! Kepp going!

Slim Fast bars are very high in carbs - around 32g each. Extra carbs can lead to hunger and cravings. Sugar always makes my cravings come back lol.

Had a bar this morning but saved half of it for lunch and I haven't been hungry today. Drunk plenty of water and green tea.
Tea was veg soup, I really like it with black pepper of course.
Just had my 3rd one a chocolate shake and feeling very satisfied so all's good here lol!.

Mandy

There's 6grams difference between the Exante bars and the SF bars. If you are particulary carb sensitive then they could be a bit hit and miss. If you're not that carb sensitive then those 6grams wouldn't make much difference. I've been having them for a few weeks now, and they've made no difference to me at all. The extra 6grams I don't believe is enough to knock you out of ketosis. I can't get the Asda bars anymore and nor can I get Tesco bars regular so it's SF bars unless I go without the bars altogether.

Sometimes the actual process of chewing, can make you feel hungry, so it could be more of a psychological thing than a physical one. :)

Obviously I don't do SF but I used to and I think the bars were two per meal? And not one? Just a bit worried that one bar won't have the nutrition you need for one whole meal.

I did love the taste tho! But my tolerance to sugar is pretty low at the best of times. Reckon I would choose an Atkins Advantage bar over a SF one - but I have tasted the Exante ones and they are yummy. Is it the price that's the problem?

Obviously I don't do SF but I used to and I think the bars were two per meal? And not one? Just a bit worried that one bar won't have the nutrition you need for one whole meal.

I did love the taste tho! But my tolerance to sugar is pretty low at the best of times. Reckon I would choose an Atkins Advantage bar over a SF one - but I have tasted the Exante ones and they are yummy. Is it the price that's the problem?

No, one meal replacement bar, and I have checked all the labelling and nutritional advice and there is barely any difference. They are a meal replacement bar, and perfectly acceptable on this diet, but if you're overly carb sensitive then it would be a case of trial and error :)

Well at least it's an option for me to use them if i run out of exante bars.
I've got a bigger problem looming, some of my friends wants to have a meal out somewhere and i'm invited. I've already put them off once but this time it's my birthday next week along with one of my friends so i don't know what to do. They don't know i'm on exante.
Option 1: go for the meal out and choose low carbs all the way
Option 2: tell them the truth and not go and probably annoy the hell out of them.
Help!!!!

Mandy

What a dilemma. If it were me I'd go and have as healthy an option as I could. If it put me out of ketosis I would deal with it and get back into it as quickly as possible, but everyone is different.

I think I will go out for the meal and choose carefully.

Todays menu!
8.45am Half a Choc/orange bar.
11.45am Half Choc/orange bar.
5.30pm Mushroom soup
8pm Will be Strawberry shake.

Lots of green tea, water and black coffee.

Mandy

I'm glad you chose that - we all need to have something to look forward to, and we need to feel 'normal'. I know you will come right back on track and be stronger than ever!

Hope you a nice meal out. I think it's good that we don't let ourselves become slaves to our diets :)

Still going strong hun, well done!

Back