Total Solution Mandy's Journey.............

I am so 'mega focused' would I really turn my back on my friends for one meal out, well I have once and I'm not doing it again.
My husband also said tonight that he would like to take me out for a meal but daren't mention it before this dilemma came up. Now knowing that I will be going out with the girls he brought the subject up.
Well how I have reasoned my thinking round this is, I'm going to be having the fifth week as add a meal anyway so if i can use these nights out on a fifth week, I've cracked it. Easier said than done cos I'll still think I'm cheating but I have to think 'I'm boosting my metabolism' so I don't plateau. Does this make sense?

I changed my menu at the last minute too, I had veg soup instead of the strawberry shake.

Mandy

That's exactly what I try to do, and because I have 'planned' it into my diet, I actually do not see it as 'cheating'. As you say we need to kick start our metabolisms from time to time so it is essential we do that. It is also essential that we have fun. Dieting can also make me very selfish, I hate coming off it while I'm in the zone, and ignore the emotional needs of my friends who want to go out and let their hair down, but if I have a AAMW planned (for me every fourth week) then at the end of that week I can go out or have a nice meal in and it's all part of the plan! No cheating - just part of a balanced life-style.

Your so right, why should we deny ourselves a little bit of fun now and again. I far as I can see, i've only two planned meals out. I'm not sure how many AAMWs I've got until xmas. I'm guessing 3. That will keep me focused, knowing that I will be able to eat a small amount each day.

Anyway todays menu!
9.30 strawberry shake
12.30 half a toffee,nut and raisin bar
4.00 other half of the bar
6.00 Tomato and basil soup

Lots of water, green tea and black coffee.

Hey Mandy

You're doing great :) just wanted to call in and say hi and good luck :)

Just had my 2nd weigh in and lost 6lbs, i'm so pleased.
I've also had some compliments paid this week which is really nice and gives you a big boost to carry on.

Thanks everyone. I feel like i'm getting somewhere now and seeing the weight just melt away is a fantastic feeling. Wish i could bottle it and sell it.
It really makes sticking with exante worth it.

Todays menu
10.30 strawberry shake 400mls of water
12.30 half a toffee, nut and raisin bar with black coffee
4.30 other half of bar with black coffee
6.30 Mushroom soup 300ml water

Plenty of green tea and water

Feeling really good today except for my Hotpoint washer breaking down!! :grumble:
I've had it 4 years, it was £400 and an all singing, all dancing digital one. One of the reasons i choose it was it had a complete child lock on it so the kids couldn't play with the buttons or anything come to think of it. Hotpoint are coming out to it but we've had to take out extra insurance of £14.99 a month for the next 5 years or the call out alone was going to cost £104 without parts. so it was the lesser of the evils lol.
Tis' so annoying though, i rely on my washer so much with having 5 kids in the house and of course it waits till the kids have gone back to school with all the uniforms to wash :(
Rant over, thanks for reading lol.

Suffering with headaches and indigestion, has anyone else had this?
Taking pain killers and rennies, not sure if the rennies are allowed but had to take something to get rid of it.

Yeaterday I had
7.30 strawberry shake
11.30 half a choc/orange bar
1.30 other half of bar
6.00 Tomato and basil soup

Well done on week 2 hun!! :)... I think headaches are pretty much a common thing, not sure about the indigestion. Is it just a one of do you think? I think there was a thread about indigestion a while back...

Hope you feel better though

Thanks Violet, the tablets are working thank goodness.
Managed to bake buns this afternoon and ice them without any of it passing my lips. A massive achievement for me lol.
The service engineer fixed my washer, woo hoo, can't live without it. The silly thing is, it was just bunged up with 67 pence in coins and years of muck and washing powder. He slapped my wrist and told me to use a 'calgon' type of cleaner.
Oh well better go and do the kids tea..............they have to eat even if I don't lol...............

Thanks Violet, the tablets are working thank goodness.
Managed to bake buns this afternoon and ice them without any of it passing my lips. A massive achievement for me lol.
The service engineer fixed my washer, woo hoo, can't live without it. The silly thing is, it was just bunged up with 67 pence in coins and years of muck and washing powder. He slapped my wrist and told me to use a 'calgon' type of cleaner.
Oh well better go and do the kids tea..............they have to eat even if I don't lol...............

Glad you're feling better now hun. Well done on resisting the iced buns, think I'd had a sneaky lick lol!

I love my washing machine, it's digital and plays tunes when the programs have finished, and I mainly bought it because of the tunes and you can actually lock it, so when it's in cycle the kids can press the buttons and it doesn't effect the cycle :D

Mine plays a tune too....but only Jingle Bells! I've searched high and low to work out how to change it, but I'm none the wiser...so it's Jingle Bells all year round in my house :-/ gets me a few strange looks from guests!

Mine plays a tune too....but only Jingle Bells! I've searched high and low to work out how to change it, but I'm none the wiser...so it's Jingle Bells all year round in my house :-/ gets me a few strange looks from guests!

I want one that plays tunes! (stamps foot) lol

I don't know if you can changes the tunes on mine, I'll have to read the instruction manual, I never bother reading them. Mine is a bit similar to the Haribo theme.

lol Mandy, I think you can get kettles and toasters that play tunes now!

Had a good today. Lots of running about with the kids, to and from nursery, pre-school and school. Not much sitting down which is good, less time to think about my stomach.
Todays menu:
8.45 chocolate shake
12.00 toffee, nut and raisin bar
7.30 mushroom soup

Lots of green tea, black coffee and water

Tis' my birthday tomorrow, really contemplating having a meat salad fo tea.......................but don't want to slow my weightloss..................dilemma!!!!!!!

Back