Mature Bride's quest - to be ideal weight for the first time since 22 years old

Got appointment with the dressmaker/designer. Have never done the fake-tan thing, nor sunbeds, but wondering whether by Dec, it might be an idea. I know about the dangers, but at 62 to do it for first time ever should not be too much risk surely? How many visits to a salon would I need? How long before? As a brunette with slightly swarthy skin I tan easily, without trying to. Skirt I wore yesterday is going onto the discard pile when washed, the waist kept slipping around. Not quite back to my favourite black skirt though. Think I was 13 stone when I used to wear that. Was so pleased to wear the gorgeous Phase Eight dress on Sunday - it had been in the cupboard unworn since I bought it in May. My lovely and ever-supportive best friend, Jane, made me quite tearful when talking about clothes, she said, "Jean, if you wore a sack, you would still be the most elegant woman there, you walk and stand so well," How lovely and she's known me through the dark days of losing father, husband, close friend and granddaughter in 18 months, at my heaviest (16.10 and size 24) and every stage of despair and happiness in between. I'm rambling, best get ready for work.

Hey FP

Check out the spray tans - they give really nice finishes now. Personally, I wouldn't entertain the idea of a sunbed; life is too precious.

Your friend sounds perfect, just as a friend should be :D

P x

Good Morning, lovely sunrise over the common this morning. Having an East facing, fifth floor flat with good links to central London and a view over a beautiful common, I count myself VERY lucky.
Back to WEIGHT matters. Having had a bit of a kick from a few days on VLCD, it's time to get back to Dukan and learn to eat in a controlled manner for the rest of my life. Will not do another ATTACK, but start with a PP day then look forward to some lovely fresh veg.
Was given an £80 voucher for Fortnum and Mason, which was going to be for Al and I to have afternoon tea, but in the interests of my size, it will be spent on something nice for our home.
Dressmaker/designer appointment for 14th - 9 days hence, excited to be talking clothes with a lady who knows what she's doing and a little nostalgic, my late mother was a dressmaker and I had some lovely clothes and always knew I would be individual.

Just booked tickets to see Sandi Toksvig. Booked a wine tasting and vineyard tour from a voucher Al was given for his birthday. Booked two restaurants for when friends are down in Oct. Wrote a letter I've been putting off. A real tidy and sort it day.

Skirt number 2 swivelling round, back zip creeping around to the side as I move. Okay the scales are not showing much movement, but the skirts and trousers are. Somewhere, somehow they have to come together!

Off to Scotland for the weekend. Seeing my youngest son. Do hope I'll see my grandchildren, I so hate not being able to tell them I'm coming, but we know my estranged daughter-in-law will take them away if she's knows I'll be there. I will never understand why all her anger is vented at me. As I've always lived at least 400 miles away it would have been difficult to interfere if I wanted to. Sadly she seems to think I could have made my son stay and be her punch-bag. Whatever else she is a committed mother and my 8 grandchildren are gorgeous, I love them and nobody can change that. I have written her a simple letter asking her to allow the children to come to my wedding, I don't hold out much hope, but I've asked. The children will each have an invitation of their own so they will know that I wanted them there.

Staying at a Travelodge so no tempting hotel buffet breakfasts. Emergency cans of tuna included in bag.

Seriously being a mother, just made treacle tart (family version) for my son who will be 40 in December. We never stop wanting to give them little treats. My kids often talk about the food I used to make them and although I've always worked, they make me sound like some kind of earth-mother when they reminisce.

Back from Edinburgh. The 2 treacle tarts did not last long, it seems my grandchildren also love this It's a recipe from my grandmother, pastry base, golden syrup, topped with a sort of flapjack oat mixture. My brothers adored it when we were kids, my kids adored it and still do, now it seems my grandchildren do too.
Saw 6 of the eight, loads of cuddles and giggles, and the kids acceptance of Alan was so lovely to see. 10 yr old Chase went up to him and said "Alan, will you take me out in your car please" He was hooked, typical man! The fifteen yr old is so stunningly beautiful, I wanted to stare at her.

Still basking in the glow of having seen grandchildren, a lovely warm feeling. Even though I was rubbish at sticking to my promises to myself and drank wine and had an ice-cream! The scales show 3 pounds up this morning, but will forgive myself for not being perfect and get back to the important things.

Feeling melancholy - no reason. Not sure why this happens sometimes. Hard to raise a smile, feeling gloomy thinking of the bad instead of the good.
I have a good life, a man who adores me, a lovely home, can pick and choose work, enough money to pay the bills and have some nice extras, pretty good health, family, friends, involved in a bit of charity work which is good for the soul. I should have a big grin and be some sort of Pollyanna character.
The added pounds from Edinburgh have not shifted yet. It's a PV day, my salad is packed for lunch, fish out of freezer for dinner.

Saw the designer/dressmaker today. What a lovely friendly lady, a good grasp of what I am looking for, very able, very knowledgeable, I look forward to my next meeting with her.

13 weeks to go now.

Yeah I was thinking the same! Hope all is going well for you FP. Saska

Hi all, thank you for the concern. Had a very busy few days and a serious case of "spammed" e-mail. Was a good chance to set up new e-mails addy's in my new name and to separate my personal, Soroptimist and business lives. Was worried about migrating the problems so would not export my contacts list. That's a lot of entering from start!
Went to see Sandi Toksvig the other night, she was brilliant, loved it.

Very successful fund raising quiz last night. £275 raised for Wellbeing for Women. Plans are coming together nicely, florist knows what I am looking for. Booked the tasting to decide the meal for the day. Invitations posted. Back to dressmaker on Friday. Life is good, busy and happy. I'm not slender yet, but not a large either.

Good morning. Feeling VERY rough, my lungs are burning, got that shaky feeling inside that happens before a bad bout of bronchitis, breathing is not good (asthmatic), should be working at Ladbroke Grove, but the idea of travelling across London today (2 buses and 2 tubes) is not on. Going to "look after" myself in the way I would tell anyone else to. Hey . . . . I had to get to 61 years old before I did this. I've always worked through whatever bug or ailment and even did the payroll remotely from my hospital bed when I had DVT . . . I finally learned!!

Back