Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Mis-behave said:
Boys are ok - have told everyone not to come visit! Lol

I had chicken pox 3 times as a child - not so sure about OH - but what will be will be :)

following primal blueprint and experimenting with the 5:2 fasting diet

Three times??! Crikey, didn't even know that was possible! :) xx

Fraid so. My friends daughter caught it every time someone at our nursery got it. I remember 5 times while I was at nursery! I don't know after they. However most people do only get it once. I'm a carrier apparently. I don't get it but happily pass it on to everyone else :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
Fraid so. My friends daughter caught it every time someone at our nursery got it. I remember 5 times while I was at nursery! I don't know after they. However most people do only get it once. I'm a carrier apparently. I don't get it but happily pass it on to everyone else :)

I've never seen anything like the state Paul was in when he got it at 40! There wasn't an inch of him that wasn't covered in spots, and he was extremely ill too. Apparently 50% of adults who get it have to be hospitalised, yet kids are quite often fine with it - you could hardly tell there was anything wrong with Kathryn. :) xx

Mine didn't get many spots at all and no scars or anything

Right today I have bad indigestion - I tried some buckwheat gluten free muesli ( no relation to wheat) yesterday but ate like 3 bowls of it plus a bowl today - I have been going to the loo all day!

I've been reading up on buckwheat - it's meant to be good for colonic cleaning - getting rid of constipation .. I've lost about 1kg over night lol any back log I've had has well and truly gone lol

The stuff in the muesli is whole and toasted so not cooked - I'm assuming that it doesn't go through as quickly once cooked lol

Scales are 85.7kg .. I'm meant to be fasting today - see how things go :) def going to be eating light ..

Am very tired as up all night myself with the loo, and also up with oldest with chicken pox

I've decided that as I'm tired and often have issues fasting when tired - so I will fast another day. My head feels a bit empty - no one home lol

Maybe try sticking with carb free, but still have a good amount of cals (healthy cals as opposed to sweets and sugars)

Hope your little ones are ok.... I too had chicken pox a couple of times , and apparently I am supposed to get it again in my adult life according to my mother. Because that's what Happended to her, so it's going to happen to me. ( I will believe it when I see it)

Good luck today Hun xx

I've decided that as I'm tired and often have issues fasting when tired - so I will fast another day. My head feels a bit empty - no one home lol

Sounds like you are listening to your body. That's probably the way to go. I hope the chicken pox clear soon.

Had another crap night, my brain has taken a holiday (with Lisa on her work cruise) I'm trying not to give in to eating crap!!

Had to vacuum and scrub, mop all down stairs yesterday because my naught grey cat has been hunting birds and I'm assuming she brought it in to teach younger cat how to hunt birds ??! When we came back from the Docs she was sitting on the couch eating the bird !! Feathers everywhere!! Plenty of domestos bleach used!! Lucky couch is leather and can scrub and spray with antibacterial cif

Sent the cat with bird out the door .. Cat growling at me - as if I want to eat her bird!!

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to all of this. Started on Orilstat this morning, and taken the day off of work to allow e to research etc!! Any uselful tips etc... I'd be really graetful. I've been reading your threads and would like to join your group if thats OK? ;-)

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to all of this. Started on Orilstat this morning, and taken the day off of work to allow e to research etc!! Any uselful tips etc... I'd be really graetful. I've been reading your threads and would like to join your group if thats OK? ;-)

Hi welcome - there is a great sticky tab that has loads of info!

The main rule is 5g fat per 100g as long as your eating to the rules you will not get side effects :)

Some people follow slimming world, weight watches, or cal counting while taking the tabs - it's what works for you.

Why don't you start a post in the dairy area and tell us more about you and your journey :)

Thanks for your help. Was looking for somewhere to start, so much appreciated. Not finding it the easiest to navigate TBH, but will find my way! Thanks again. x

Had another crap night, my brain has taken a holiday (with Lisa on her work cruise) I'm trying not to give in to eating crap!!

Oh no..the cruise is work.. The food part will be holiday hehe x x

I had chicken pox twice in 6 weeks when pregnant with my first son which is why he passed away at 4 weeks as his lungs were damaged by the infection. I have an absolute fear of pox now & when my son had them I was petrified. I had shingles 2 years ago too which was horrible

Re: Diet issues... Of me, myself & I

I had chicken pox twice in 6 weeks when pregnant with my first son which is why he passed away at 4 weeks as his lungs were damaged by the infection. I have an absolute fear of pox now & when my son had them I was petrified. I had shingles 2 years ago too which was horrible

Oh lexie I didn't know this, so sorry! ! :(

Oh lexie I didn't know this, so sorry! ! :(

Thanks Rachel, sorry for hijacking your diary Tara... I am not sure I have mentioned in before to be honest, Kat & Kirsty know but I suppose it isn't something you tell everyone when you first "meet" them but I feel a lot more comfortable around you all now.......

This is very sad, I think I knew you had lost a son, but wasn't sure of the reasons x x x

Back