Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

Today was my last day of work. Will start fresh definately from tomorrow!!!!

Menu for tomorrow-

Breakfast- kiwis, pears, banana
Snack- 10 french fries from Dixy (5-6 syns?)
Lunch- egg, baked beans and 3 Quorn Sausages
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner- Mushrooms and Leeks with Pasta
Snack- Alpen Light (.5 Heb), 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Syns: Dixy Fries :(

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: no gym...starting tomorrow instead...no time today!

Last edited:
So far the day is going well and have modified my menu above a bit. Had the unexpected Dixy chips, but didn't have too many, so think I should be okay. Rest of the day have been a good girl.

Already planning tomorrow's menu....Need at least 3-4 good days to be back on plan and motivated :)

Green Day-(Monday)

Breakfast- Egg, Baked Beans and Mushrooms
Lunch- Butternut Squash Soup (with onions, celery, leeks, bns, carrots and veg stock cube and some chilli powder), 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB) with Chickpea dip, 3 Crabsticks (.5HEB)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt and fresh pineapple
Alpen Light (3 syns) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner- Quorn Meatballs in tomotoe sauce with Basmalti Brown Rice with chopped salad
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA), kiwi, 6 dark Choc mikados (3 syns)

Exercise: 45 mins gym

WI: No WI yesterday as we got urgent news from my best friend that her son was having an operation for his appendix and we were going to go and see them, so had to miss WI. Probably going to change my WI day as it is interfering with OH's activities as well. Might go later on this week to another group.

Good day yesterday (added a few more syns as I had about 8 mikado sticks) and aiming for another 100% day today. Made it to the gym yesterday, but only managed to do 35 mins- better than nothing, but can feel the pain (haven't been to the gym since starting my work mid Feb).

Menu for Tuesday-

Breakfast- Egg, 2 Quorn Sausages, Baked Beans. Banana
Lunch- BNS Soup, 6 WG Crackerbread (HEB) with Laughing Cow Cheese (HEA)
Snack- Green Lemon Tea with 1 Alpen Light (3 syns), Shapes Yogurt with fresh pineapple slices
Dinner- Black Eyed Beans with Kadu Curry with AH Cous Cous (.5 syn)
Snack- 2 Kiwis, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed Milk (HEA)

Syns: May have a twister ice cream at night if I'm still hungry.

Water: 1.5 litres (got a new water bottle):)
Exercise: Housework (tomorrow will hit the gym again)

Hi chick, sorry to hear about your friend's son! Hope he's OK! Shame you couldn't get to WI, but sounds like you're doing great again- well on plan now!! I weighed last night, gained 1.5lb but I know where it came from so happy days! Looking forward to a good week now (says she lunching in Harvester today!! At least I can make good choices there- even taking my own XL salad cream! Now that's dedication!)

Thanks Funcurls :) I know you can get back on track and you have so little now to reach your target!

Yesterday was not a good day for me--won't even go into detail on what I've had, but no looking on to the past...today is a new day and I will be on track. Not having any syns today to make up for yesterday and will just stick to fruit to satisfy my sweet cravings.

Green Day-

Breakfast- Egg, Baked Beans, Mushrooms
Lunch- Quorn Sausages with leftover Blackeyed beans
Snack- 2 kiwis, Shapes Yogurt
Dinner- BNS soup, 6 WG Crackerbreads (HEB) with quark and spinach dip
Snack- 2 oranges, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: Gym today :)

Hi Meli,
Glad to see you're hopping back on the wagon. I have made it to the gym a couple of times this week after a few weeks off and feel really good for it so hope you do too :)

Definately feel better after hitting the gym, but it's just finding time that is the problem with me. Yesterday was going to go, but had to run to Costco to get drinks for the kids for school and then we had guests who came over last night. Today have been busy with an interview (2nd interview with a bank, so let's see what comes out of it), so not sure if I'll be able to make it either. Will definately go this weekend!

Today having a Red Day-

Breakfast- 2 kiwis and 1 big orange
Lunch- BNS Soup and 8 crabsticks
Snack- 3 WG Crackerbread (3 syns) with LC Cheese (HEA), Shapes Yogurt and an apple
Dinner- Tandoori Chicken (thighs- 2 pieces) with ??? struggling here as I don't want to have a salad.
Snack- Alpen Light (3 or 3.5 syns)with Green Lemon Tea, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: Walked a lot in the City Centre today

Salaams hun, was gonna text you the other night in regards to your Facebook status... I'd say watch Supersize v Superskinny, it's wonderful for motivation! It's stopping me from going off the rails too much during exams... You can watch it on the channel 4 website, on 4OD, as I remember you saying the TVs are busy with dramas ;) The final episode is on Channel 4 on Tuesday at 9pm... xxx

Hooray...got the job with the bank!!! Start on June 6th. The enviornment is very posh so need to go out and buy myself some suits...now I really need to take this healthy eating serious :)
Today has been a 100% day, so hope that the weekend will also be good. Have to go to Bradford for a day, but planning on taking my own food.

LOL--I'm telling you the day I updated my FB status about 10 friends had things written about food- mostly desserts :)

How are you doing??

Going to watch that program if OH fixed the sound drivers on this laptop.

Salaams hun, was gonna text you the other night in regards to your Facebook status... I'd say watch Supersize v Superskinny, it's wonderful for motivation! It's stopping me from going off the rails too much during exams... You can watch it on the channel 4 website, on 4OD, as I remember you saying the TVs are busy with dramas ;) The final episode is on Channel 4 on Tuesday at 9pm... xxx

Hooray...got the job with the bank!!! Start on June 6th. The enviornment is very posh so need to go out and buy myself some suits...now I really need to take this healthy eating serious :)
Today has been a 100% day, so hope that the weekend will also be good. Have to go to Bradford for a day, but planning on taking my own food.

Ooh well done on the new job!!! That's fantastic news! What are the hours like? Is it close to where you live? Is it a permanent post? Sometimes a new start is the perfect motivation! You'll feel fantastic in your smart suits/clothes and will want to keep healthy/slim down even more! Really chuffed for you hun!XXX

Had a good day yesterday- was out of town, but took my own food. Had an Extra Easy day. Probably went a bit over my syns, but it's okay...think going to the gym yesterday and today has made up for it :) Did 45 mins gym yesterday and 50 mins today---my legs are sore from the knee up, but I feel really good.

Today had a red day:

Breakfast- 2 kiwis and 1 orange
Lunch- BNS soup, Crabsticks
Snack- Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Mango
Dinner- Peri Peri Chicken with Mushrooms, Fried Egg with ketchup (1 syn) and 1 piece of Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- Alpen Light (3.5 syns?), Shapes Yogurt, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: 50 mins gym

Funcurls: About the job...it's part time, but still discussing about my times. Need to see what they say on Monday about the exact times. It is temp leading to permanant and not very far from home (will most likely end up going by bus, so will get some extra body magic).

100% day yesterday and was quite full :)
Legs still a bit sore, but going to try to make it to the gym anyways a little later. Think I maybe did too many reps on the leg weight machines (didn't feel it at that time though).

Have my nephew eating tortilla chips (his mom left in the living room overnight), so going to resist the urge to have some.

Red Day today:

Breakfast- 2 kiwis, 1 banana and 1 orange
Green Lemon Tea
Lunch- Courgette and Potatoe Soup (HEB for potatoe), 8 Crabsticks and 3 WG Crackerbread (3 syns) with 1 LC Cheese (HEA)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, Apple
Dinner- Grilled Peri Peri Chicken Breast with lots of Lettuce and Raita on top (probiotic ff yogurt, tomatoes, onions and cucumbers)
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (3.5 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: gym

Made it to the gym yesterday and did about 45 mins. Pain in my upper leg is better, but have some back pain (but think this is due to * week coming on it's way soon).

Today's menu:

Red day-

Breakfast- banana and Alpen Light (3.5 syns) on the run....
Lunch (repeat of yesterday)- Finish off Courgette and Potatoe Soup (HEB) and 8 crabsticks, 4 WG Crackerbread (4 syns) with 1 LC Cheese (HEA), Green Lemon Tea
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, apple, orange
Dinner- Grilled Chicken Breast, Fried Egg and Mushrooms
Snack- Kiwi, 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Exercise: Skipping the gym, but walked a lot today looking for a jacket for OH.

Don't know what got over me yesterday..knew I shouldn't have had 1 piece of the Toblerone my kids were eating and then went for about 5 custard cream biscuits as well. Had a good day besides that, so moving on today. I'm thinking to do this on my own instead of going to WI so Monday will hopefully be my first WI day for me.

Can feel that * week is near so changing to Green Days to stop me from nibbling.

Green Day-

Breakfast- banana before dropping kids, then Fried Egg and Baked Beans
Lunch- fresh batch of BNS soup, 6 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (HEB) with Quark and Spinach
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 2 kiwis, Green Lemon Tea with Alpen Light (3.5 syns)
Dinner- Mushrooms with Pasta and 2 Quorn Sausages
Snack- 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)--having an early night as OH away on a business trip, so won't have any night time cravings

Water:1.5 litres
Exercise: hitting the gym...gonna work up a good sweat!

2 days that haven't gone exactly to plan and OH bringing chocolates for me from his trip didn't exactly help either. He did buy me a nice perfume though- Calvin Klein Beauty- smells really nice!

Today back on plan and actually did the 5k at the gym on the treadmill in 42 mins and then on top of that did 10 mins bike and 10 mins random treadmill and weights. Needed that to kick me back on plan.

Breakfast- banana before hitting the gym
Snack- 2 kiwis, 2 oranges and 1 apple
Lunch- Fresh batch of BNS soup, 6 WG Crackerbread with spinach and quark dip
Snack- Shapes yogurt
Dinner- Fried Egg, Baked Beans, Mushrooms and SW Chips
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (3.5 syns) with Green Lemon Tea, 42g All Bran (HEB) with Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Exercise: over an hour at the gym:D

100% day yesterday.
Today has been such a busy day running around with kids, shopping and managed to fit in the gym, so not too much food today- hope I don't get the munchies later today.

Green Day-
Breakfast- banana
Lunch- egg, baked beans and 1 piece of Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack- 3 toffee sweets (10 syns??), Green Lemon Tea and 1 Alpen Light (HEB)
Dinner- BNS soup, Mushroom with Low Fat Noodles
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)

Exercise: 40 mins at the gym- mostly on the cross trainer today

Hey Meli, thanks for your supportive words on my diary! Looks like you're doing great missus! Very impressed by your fitting in the gym around being so busy generally! Good food too! Did you weigh yesterday or are you doing a different day now? XxX

Well the job I got will be working weekends, except for 2 weeks tranining they want me to do during the week. I know it won't be ideal for spending time with the family, but it wouldn't work out during the week as kids will soon have summer holidays. It also is good as I will still be able to keep up my gym routine :)
Funcurls--really getting back into it and feeling motivated with the gym. About WI, not sure what day to do it and make sure it's consistent. There is a weight machine at the gym, so just need to make sure I can do it on the same day/time each week. Might go ahead and WI tomorrow- although * week is upon me, but the stats can only get better next week???

Had a good 100% day yesterday :)

Green Day today-

Breakfast- Egg, Baked beans and 1 slice of Warburton Toast (.5HEB)
Snack before hitting gym: 2 clementines
After Gym: Strawberries
Lunch- 2 Quorn Sausages with AH Cous Cous (1 syn or maybe .5 syn)
Snack- 1 Alpen Light (.5HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner- tempted to make the spinach cannelloni today (let's see what my energy levels are like later tonight) with a side salad
Snack- Edited-none due to Heb's and HEa's for cheese on my cannelloni

Exercise: Gym 50 mins

Last edited:
Back