Meli's Weight Loss Diary 2011

The Skinny Cow ice creams are yum me and dh eat too many though (dh eats most of them lol).

Alhamdulillah things are going well just trying to stay on track. How was the gym? :)

Donnajt: Thanks for the rep :)

Yesterday went well, so another 100% day. Modified what I had a bit as I forgot I had soup in the fridge.

PCS/Uoyevoli: This morning went to the gym too! Really proud of myself as I did 8 mins speed walking and 12 mins jogging on treadmill, 10 mins bike, 10 mins (cross trainer), weights and then 5 mins cross trainer (different type of machine) and 5 mins cool down on the treadmill. It's the first time I've decided to actually jog as I thought it may hurt my knees, but it actually felt better than speed walking- will definately try that again next time I go.

Weekend--have a big dinner invite with 2 other families on Saturday, but planning on taking my own food. Don't want to spoil all the hard work I've done this week.

Was going to have a Green Day (to have the black eyed beans, but looks it will have to be tomorrow).

Red Day:
Breakfast- peach, scrambled egg with 1 tsp ketchup (1 syn) and 1 Warburton WM Bread (.5HEB), mushrooms, 8 crabsticks

Lunch- Finish off BNS and Carrot Soup, 3 Ryvita WG Crackerbread (.5HEB) with 1 laughing cow cheese and fresh black pepper

Snack- Shapes yogurt, 2 pears, 2 clementines

Dinner- Chinese Style Prawn and Stir Fry Veg with WG Spaghetti (HEB)

Snack- Green Lemon Tea with 1 Alpen Light (3 syns), Skinny Cow Triple Choc Ice Cream (4.5 syns), melon to snack on incase we watch a movie tonight.

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: 50 mins well spent at the gym :cool:

Think I'm definately back into the gym routine...actually woke up this morning and was really motivated to go again today. Did 20 mins jogging, 10 mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike, weights (15 reps on about 6 different machines)- so a good workout!

Then went to our friends house for lunch and went prepared with my own food and despite all the temptations as she made so much food, did not touch any of it and just had what I brought. The problem was at night though as we went to an event and there was lots of food there and I was just filling a plate for the kids to have and unfortunately they didn't have it and I didn't want it to go to the bin with everyone watching, so I had it myself. Hoping that it won't affect me too much.

Green Day-

Breakfast- peach, banana
Lunch (took to my friends house)- AH Cous Cous (.5 syn) with 3 quorn sausages, 2 pears, 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea
Dinner (at the event)-off plan---Pilau rice with Dhal Curry, 1 samosa, 3 spoons of Pasta salad with mayo, half a cupcake
Snack- Alpen Light (.5HEB) and fruit when I got home, Shapes Yogurt

Water: 1.0 litre
Exercise: 45-50 mins at the gym :D

Too many syns today probably, so keeping to a min of 5 syns for Sunday/Monday (WI day)

Donnajt: really hope so and that's why I decided to go to the gym again today. Did 22 mins jogging (I'm getting better at it and can actually feel it getting a bit easier), 10 mins bike, 10 mins cross trainer, 3 mins rower and then the 6 weight machines. Feeling really good about the workout and really hoping for a good loss come Monday night.

(Some of you are probably wondering why I haven't had the beans...well OH decided to have it yesterday for breakfast, so didn't even get to try them properly)

Red Day today:

Breakfast- mixed fruit (pear, banana, apple)
Lunch- Vegetable Soup, 10 crabsticks
Snack- Shapes yogurt, blueberries (ss)
Dinner- Egg, Grilled Chicken pieces and 2 pieces WM Warburton Toast (HEB)
Snack- 2 Alpen Lights (HEB) with Green Lemon Tea, Skinny Cow Ice Cream (4.5 syns)

Water: 1.0
Exercise: around 50-55 mins gym

Wish me luck for tomorrow night...really need a good loss!

Last edited:
Good luck tomorrow chicken!! Sounds like you've been mega good so I'm sure you'll be rewarded!!! I on the other hand have been horrendous all weekend!! 3 days of naughtiness what with the family staying! Despite best intentions I just didn't have the discipline to eat healthily! ! I'll need more than good luck to get away with it tomorrow so fully expecting a substantial gain!!! Lovely to have family staying but can't wait for a clear run with no 'occasions'!!XXX

Prawnchopsuey: Already commented on your diary--well done on your loss- it's a great start for the year!
Uoyevoli: Thanks sis...really think I deserve a good loss, but let's see what the scales say tonight.
Funcurls: Don't worry too much as we have these get togethers every now and then that throw us a bit off plan...important thing is to get back on plan asap and I know you can do that hun :) Good luck anyways for tonight too and if you do gain you know you can turn those numbers around to a loss.

As for me, well feeling nervous about WI and I've been a good girl and haven't touched the scales this week, so in for a suprise tonight and hope it's a good one after all the effort I've put in this week.
Skipping the gym today as I'm taking SIL out for some shopping, but will hopefully go tomorrow (hoping that my Zumba teacher gets back soon from her charity work so I can start that again too).

Not sure what type of day to have today, so keeping it neutral and deciding what to have after WI tonight:

Breakfast- 2 grand conference pears, 42g All Bran (HEB) with skimmed milk (HEA)
Lunch- Fresh batch of BNS/Carrot soup, 2 egg omelette (with peppers, onions, cheese (HEA), chilli powder)
Snack- Shapes Yogurt with blueberries (SS)
Dinner (after WI)- Grilled Chicken burger with 2 Warburton toast (HEB)and mayo/ketchup (2 syns) and lettuce/tomatoe
Snack- Green Lemon Tea with 2 Alpen Lights (6 syns), melon (SS)

Water: 1.5 litres
Exercise: Nada...

Last edited:
Thanks for your words of encouragment sweetie! Whilst I'm dreading my WI I'm mega excited to hear how you've done!! After such a good week I'm sure it's going to be a very nice surprise, which shouldn't actually be a surprise at all as you've been so good!! Hope your'e enjoying your exercise! Your diary looks excellent!!XXX

WI results: Lost 4.5lbs -YES!!! Exactly what I needed. Back to the gym tomorrow to keep the losses coming...

Well done hunny!! I've been excited to get home tonight to see how you've done!!! As you say, it's EXACTLY the boost you needed!!! I STS this week so that's really not too bad considering the 3 days off plan! I suppose I did have a very good 3 days before the weekend arrived so must count for something!! Going to have 4 perfect days now, then one 80% day Sat (got a meal with friends in the evening) and try and keep my syns to a minimum the rest of the time! I'm really proud of you, well done!!X

Donnajt: really hope so and that's why I decided to go to the gym again today. Did 22 mins jogging (I'm getting better at it and can actually feel it getting a bit easier), 10 mins bike, 10 mins cross trainer, 3 mins rower and then the 6 weight machines. Feeling really good about the workout and really hoping for a good loss come Monday night[/QUOTE

Well done Meli, you;ve really worked hard this week, how long have you been going to the gym now?

Funcurls - don't feel bad, its life, just wipe slate clean and start again today...

Funcurls: An STS is great after a few days with family/friends around. It's a fresh start then for you then. 1 dinner out with friends should not be too bad---so you will be on plan 95% of the time this week and you know you can save a few syns for Saturday. Good luck this week :)

Soccermom: I think it's all about getting into a routine and I think you have the gym membership, right? Once you do such hard work at the gym you don't want to go and peck on things as much...it gets you thinking how much extra gym work you'll have to do to burn that off. Think we just need a fresh start and kick ourselves in the bum to do it for once and for all.

Donnajt: I registered just before Christmas, but only just started going properly since the beginning of this year. I love it and when I come home and have a bath feel I have so much more energy.

uoyevoli: thanks for the encouragement :)

Was going to go to Zumba, but just called the gym and the instructor is not back yet, so will go to the gym instead today.

All crabsticks gone...gosh think I'm obsessed with them or something...so going to try to have a few green days this week.

Green Day:

Breakfast- Fried Egg and Baked Beans, pear
Lunch- BNS/Carrot Soup, 6 WG CrackerBread (HEB) with 2 LC Cheese with Pepper, Cucumber and Cherry tomatoes
Snack- Shapes Yogurt, 2 clementines
Dinner- Pasta with Mushrooms, Side Salad
Snack- 2 alpen lights (HEB)with Green Lemon Tea, 1 mini milk (1.5 syns), melon (SS)

Water: 1.5 litre
Exercise: Gym 50 mins

Need to save some syns up as we have an invite on Saturday

Back