Mel's all new food diary .....

Green again today -
Breakfast - 28g superberry museli mixed with a pineapple flavour activia ff yoghurt

Lunch - roasted veg with couscous (1 syn), 3 krsiprolls(hexb) with 1 extra light laughing cow (1syn), activia ff yoghurt, large orange.

Snack - banana

Dinner - Baked sweet potato, mixed veg frittata (with sweet potato, courgette, onion and mushrooms and 84g low fat cheddar (2xhexa)), side salad of lettuce and tomatoes with fat free kraft dressing.
1 glass of red wine (12 syns)

Pudding - weight watchers FF toffee apple yoghurt
2hexa and 2 hexb used
Total syns - 14

Green day

Breakfast - 28g suerberry museli (hexb)and vanilla activia FF yoghurt

Lunch - Piece of leftover frittata, roast veg and couscous (1 syn). FF Activia yoghurt and melon.

Dinner - Spaghetti carbonara (with 85g lean bacon hexb & 84g low fat cheddar 2hexa)

Pudding - Mince pie with 15g brandy butter (16syns)

2hexb and 2 hexa used
Total syns - 17

Extra Easy today

Breakfast - chopped banana with vanilla and choc sprinkles yoghurt

Lunch - roast veg and cous cous(1 syn), a slice of lean ham, weight watchers yoghurt and an apple

Snack - melon and a banana

Dinner - 2 sausages (1 syn), 1 slice lean bacon, mushrooms, 2 x eggs, SW chips, beans and 2 slices of Nimble wholemeal (hexb), 5 tbsp brown sauce (5 syns)

Pudding - rice pudding made with hex a milk and sweetener. 2 tsps of strawberry conserve(2 syns)

1 hex a and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 9

Extra easy today

Breakfast - naughty I know but didn't have anything as was running late!

Lunch - 2 field mushrooms with stalks cut out, egg broken into them, topped with salt and pepper and a slice of bacon then baked in the oven 'til the egg had set. 2 slices wholemeal Nimble (hexb) and 1 tbsp Butterlicous (2.5syns) and tomato ketchup (2 syns)

Snack - grapes, tangerines and banana

Dinner - Extra lean Beef chilli with rice and 42 g low fat cheddar (0.5syn for tomato puree added to it)

Pudding - weight watchers yoghurt and 2 pieces of lighter choices carrot and orange cake (10 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 15

Extra easy

Breakfast - beans on toast (bread hexb)

Lunch - Leftover chilli and rice

Dinner - Large jacket potato with tuna mixed with quark, salt and pepper and raw onion. 2 tsp Flora extra light (1 syn)Salad with FF dressing.
Weight watchers yoghurt and melon

2 large vodka and diet cokes (10 syns)
Bag of quavers (4.5 syns)
Only used my hexb today

Total syns - 15.5

Extra easy again today -

Breakfast - 42g weetabix crunchy bran (hexb)and a small banana

Lunch - Ham salad with fat free dressing, hard boiled egg and 42 low fat cheddar(hexa)
Weight watchers yoghurt

Dinner - Roast lamb (all fat removed) with SW roast potatoes, swede, parsnips and cabbage and 100mls gravy (4 syns).
1 glass of red wine (12 syns), mint sauce (0.5 syn)

Pudding - Homemade pud just chucked together(and hoped for the best!) consisting of some quark, eggs, sweetnener, vanilla and frozen raspberries, baked in the oven. It was lovely and was only 1 syn for the whole thing. (I only had half tonight so 0.5syns). It actually tasted like the top of a baked vanilla cheesecake and would be fab with a biscuit base. Might have to experiment again another day!
1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 17

Extra easy

Breakfast - 42g weetabix crunchy bran(hexb)

Lunch - Salad with hard boiled egg, ham, 42 g low fat cheddar (hexa) and fat free dressing. Grapes, melon and weight watchers yoghurt.

Dinner - Roast lamb again consisting of leftovers from last night. Cold lamb, roast potatoes, swede, parsnip, cabbage and 100mls gravy (4syns) and tbsp mint sauce (0.5syns)

Pud - Raspberry quark bake thingy leftover from yesterday (0.5syn)
1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 5

Green day

Breakfast - melon, small banana and activia ff yoghurt

Lunch - tin of Sainsburys ravioli (2 syns), 2 slices toasted Nimble wholemeal bread (hexb) and 2 tsp flora extra light(1syn). Yoghurt, 2 x tangerines and a small banana

Snack - OMG - I was left alone with half a Goodfellow's pepperoni pizza after hubby had to rush out suddenly during his dinner. I tried my hardest to resist and then thought better of it! After all isnt that what syns are for? They stop you feeling deprived so I gave in and weighed a piece which equaled 13.5 syns and I enjoyed every single morsel!!!!

Dinner - Carbonara made with quark and 2 x hexa low fat cheddar (84g), 1 hex of bacon.

Pudding - weightwatchers yoghurt

2hexa and 2 hexbs used
Total syns - 16.5

Extra Easy today

Breakfast - 42g weetabic crunchy bran (hexb) with a chopped banana

Lunch - Saisbury's vegetable ravioli with some SW quiche made with 0% greek ypoghurt, eggs, water, courgettes, mushrooms, onion and 42g low fat cheddar (hexa). Mullerlight and 2 x tangerines

Dinner - Egg fried rice (done with frylight) with king prawns, chicken and asparagus, garlic, ginger, chilli and soy sauce and 2 tsp honey(2 syns)
Weight watchers yogurt and a large orange

Snack - 12g Lindt intense orange chocolate (3syns)

1hexa and 1 hexb
Total syns - 5

Green day today -

Breakfast - 42g weetabix crunchy bran (hexb)with a chopped banana

Lunch - Left over fried rice and a slice of SW quiche. Weightwatchers yoghurt

Dinner - Carbonara with bacon (hexb) and 84g low fat cheddar (2hexa)
Glass of red wine (12 syns)

Pudding - weightwatchers yoghurt and a large orange

2hexa and 2 hexb

Total syns - 12

Yesterday's food (extra easy)

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Asparagus and ham omelette, activia ff yoghrt and 2 slices Nimble wholemeal (hexb)

Snacks - Banana, 2 tangerines, plum and 3 light babybels

Dinner - River cobbler with SW chips and mushy peas and tomato sauce (2syns).

Pudding - 2 meringue nests (5syns) crushed into a lemon and lime weight watchers yoghurt

1 hexa and 1 hexb
Total syns - 7

And today's food (extra easy again)

Breakfast - 2 x Alpen lights (hexb)

Lunch - Tesco cheese ravioli (3.5syns), Activia ff yoghurt and a banana.

Snack - tangerine

DInner - Spaghetti bolognaise with 42g low fat cheddar (hexa)

Pudding - SW pancakes with 0% greek yoghurt and raspberries

Gin and tonic (5 syns)
Quavers (9 syns)

1hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 17.5

Extra easy today -

Breakfast - 42g weetabix crunchy bran (hexb)

Lunch - Chicken mugshot, apple, 3 light babybels (hexa) and activia fat free yoghurt

Dinner - Roast chicken with roast potatoes (all done with frylight), sprouts, cabbage, carrots and gravy (5syns).
Glass of red wine (12 syns)

Pudding - Syn free pancakes with sliced banana and 0% greek yoghurt mixed with dark chocolate high lights (1.5syns).

1 hexb and 1 hex a used
Total syns - 18.5

Extra Easy today -

Breakfast - 42g Weetabix crunchy bran

Lunch - Leftover spaghetti bolognaise, apple and activia ff yoghurt

Dinner - Chilli (made with extra lean mine, carrots, celery, onion, kidney beans, passata etc) with rice and 42g low fat cheddar (hexa)

Pudding - Mince pie (yes I still have some left from Christmas :eek:) with 15g brandy butter (16 syns)

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 16

Green day

Breakfast - 42g weetabix crunchy bran(hexb) , banana

Lunch - Mugshot, 2 slices Nimble wholemeal (hexb),extra light flora (2 syns) apple, 3 x light babybels(hexa), 2 yellow plums and 2 tangerines.

Snack - A gorgeous jam doughnut (12 syns)

Dinner - Branston chickpeas in masala sauce (ate them cus I was hungry but wasn't too impressed - wont be buying them again!!!), homemade egg fried rice with mushrooms and onion.

Supper - large orange and weight watchers yoghurt

2hexb and 1 hexa used
Total syns - 14

Extra Easy today

Breakfast - 42g weetabix crunchy bran (hexb)

Lunch - Cheese and mushroom omelette (hexa) and some leftover mushroom fried rice.

Snack - 2 yellow plums

Dinner - Chicken breast with a creamy herb sauce (1 syn for some sauce flour that I had to add to thicken it up as I accidently poured in too much water!), herby roast potatoes and brocolli.

Pudding - Total 0% yoghurt with 6 teaspoons of dark chocolate highlights (3 syns) stirred in. OMG this was soo nice - tasted like a really nice chocolate mousse. Will certainly be having it again soon!

oops - just had a Starbar too .... was lovely but 14 syns!!

1 hex and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 18

Last edited:
Extra Easy

Breakfast - 28g superberry museli (hexb)mixed into an Activia fat free strawberry yoghurt

Lunch - Jacket potato with 2tsp flora extra light (1 syn), Light choices cottage cheese with pineapple (can't find the syns for this anywhere so am hoping it's free although even if it's not it will be really low), griddled asparagus.

Snack - mugshot, grapes.

Dinner - Beef stew (1 syn for the flour used to thicken it), homemade wholemeal bread (made without any fat). I didn't have my hexa today so allowed 57g of the bread as an extra hexb to replace it (I know you're not supposed to do that but I figure it's still roughly the same amount of calories and wont hurt if I don't do it often!). I then weighed another 12 syns worth to mop up the leftover gravy from the stew!! I used 3 tsp of flora extra light too (1.5 syns).

2 x hexbs
Total syns - 15.5

Extra easy today

Breakfast - 42g of weetabix crunchy bran and all bran (mixed together as i had a bit from each box to use up!) (hexb)

Lunch - Large jacket potato with light choices cottage cheese with pineapple, 2 tsp flora extra light(1syn). Activia ff yogurt and melon.

Snack - Banana, 2 x tangerines

Dinner - Beef stew (1 syn for the flour in it) and 171g of homemade wholemeal bread (hexb and 12syns), 2tsp flora extra light (1 syn)
2 hexb used (doing the same as yesterday and substituting my hexa for an extra hexb)

Pudding - 0% greek yoghurt with dark chocolate highlights stirred through (3 syns)
Total syns - 19

I've noticed tonight that my daily syns are starting to creep up a bit...think I'm beginning to let things go a bit :eek:
I haven't been too bad so hopefully I will still see a good loss on Monday.
Will be extra careful tomorrow and wont go over my 15 syns...promise!!!

Last edited:
Extra easy yesterday

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - Scrambled aggs and mushrooms on toast (hexb). 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (2syns)
Weight watchers yoghurt

Snack - apple, grapes and tangerine

Dinner - Hmmm...so much for sticking to 15 syns or under! Hubby wanted an Indian takeaway and I couldn't be so cruel as to say no! :sigh:
I did choose wisely though and had lamb rogan josh (6.5 syns), boiled rice (I must be getting somewhere as never before in my entire life have I ordered plain boiled rice from a takeaway!!!!) and half a naan bread (10syns).

Only used my hexb again today- must make sure I get those hexas in!
Total syns - 18.5 (although over again I'm quite pleased that I had a takeaway and still managed to limit my syns to a very reasonable amount).

Ooops forgot that I also had 2 vodka and diet cokes (5syns)

So total syns 23.5

Extra easy again

Breakfast - 42g all bran(hexb) with a sliced banana

Lunch - left over beef stew (1 syn for flour in it)

Dinner - Homemade meatballs (using extra lean minced beef, loads of garlic, 1 egg and some couscous) with homemade tomato and herb sauce and pasta. With 42g low fat cheese (hexa).

Snacks - activia ff yoghurt, orange.

1 hexa and 1 hexb used
Total syns - 1 (to make up for last night's excess!!)

Extra easy again -

Breakfast - 42g all bran (hexb)and a sliced banana

Lunch - Pasta with tomato and mushroom sauce, 42g low fat cheddar(hexa), activia ff yoghurt

Dinner - 3 weight watcher's sausages (1.5 syn), mustard mash (1 syn), cabbage, carrots and onions gravy (2.5 syns)

Pudding - mullerlight, nectarine and a fudge Alpen light (3syns)

1 hex and 1 hexb
Total syns - 8

Last edited:
Back