Total Solution Mere's Diary

I am the oldest in the family but Mum is my step mother. My own mother died when I was 7 and Dad remarried when I was 10 so she has been my mum for over 50 years. My brother is her real son and my sister is also her step child. Doesn't seem to make any difference to my step brother's attitude!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I hope your mum gets better soon Mere X
Look after yourself x

Stressful time for you. Take care Mere. Sending you strength :vibes:

Thanks Angel your vibes must be working because I feel stronger. x

Thanks Marge. x

Finished today on 507 calories.

Well done Mere, keep it going :)

Thanks Angel, see you are still checking out the boards, wonder how much of your book you read? I am about to go to bed and read a chapter of mine, I have to read to get me to sleep but I usually waken up some time later with the book on my face! x

I got through a page and bubs woke. I ended up back on here gaining inspiration. Time for sleep now. Swimming in the morning. Sweet dreams x

Hope you enjoy your swim. x

I only read books on holiday now & if I don't finish it while away I end up not knowing how it all finished !! x

I am terrible I can read two books a day when on holiday. I used to take about 6 books with me then read my husbands books and finally raid the hotel library. I have been known to ask other holiday makers for their books when finished but I always give them back. I read very fast but I taught myself to read when I was 4 and have been hooked ever since. That is why I love my Kindle less books in case means more room for clothes!

Finished today on 1007 calories so pleased with that.

Well done Mere! My husband bought me a kindle for my fortieth. I initially was disappointed :( but I've over 900 books on it now and I love the fact I always have a book to hand at the right page whether on phone, computer or kindle. I think he was sick of us taking a bag of books on hols, all of which I would read. I still have paper books though. There's nothing like curling up with a paperback. Unfortunately these days there is little opportunity. I wish my kindle was a paper white! Have a lovely evening Mere

I am so lucky my Kindle is a Paperwhite but I too still have piles of paperbacks. I try to read one book on the Kindle and the next a paperback just to get rid of some books. We use our forth bedroom as a study and it has one wall that is floor to ceiling and wall to wall book shelves but I still have books piled up in the guest room and my bedroom!

Every time we go round to our friends for a drink we come away with a bag of books. Haven't got the heart to tell them we don't want them.

Sounds like another successful day Mere x

Oh dear, no answer to that one except the charity shops are always looking for donations. x

Susie, try local hospitals, they often have a book stall on an honour system to raise money for things.

Mere, did you have a good day? Our book habit is way out of control. We used to have to stack shelves horizontally to keep the shelves up!

Hope today had been a good one Mere x

Back