Total Solution Mere's Diary

I am delighted to report I lost 2.5lbs this week to bring me down to 10st 3lb the lightest I have been this year I think. Now going into the hot tub to celebrate with a glass of water. Hope everyone has a great day. x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Carrie getting back to goal in time for the wedding seems a lot more achievable now. x

Wonderful news Mere, well done x

Well done Mere :D

Fantastic Mere, knew you would have a good one this week, well done :clap:

Yey! Well done mere that's fab! ;)

Thanks everyone. I finished my up day on just over 900 cals. I have a down day tomorrow. I am determined not to put on the weight I lose on down days by going daft on up days. Goodnight everyone. x

Whats the maximum you should have on an up day Mere?.

900 cal is low for some people x

My maximum is 1400 but with these intermittent fast days I am full very quickly and yes I could reach 1400 by drinking wine or eating chocolate but I just don't see the point. I am not a big drinker, two glasses of wine is my absolute limit and I am not that fond of chocolate. Hubby was eating crisps last night, which I do like, but after having fish and a salad for dinner I just couldn't eat them as I was full to bursting. Long may it continue as I feel good. x

Just realised I had probably not answered the question about minimum amount of calories. I answered it with 1400 because that is my Basic Metabolic Rate. Not sure if that is the same thing. x

My down day today finished on 400 calories.

1400 sounds low for BMR, did you use an online calculator for that? Is this up day down day the JUDDing I've seen mentioned? I think you're doing amazingly to carry on with such low intake. Congrats for not wanting the junk food. It goes to show you really have retrained yourself and habits. Quite the inspiration as always!

I read a book called the One Day Diet and liked the idea of intermittent fasting using protein so that you do not lose muscle. I used an online calculator and my actual result was 1149 calories. I am only 5ft 2ins and about 5lbs overweight, in my 60s so all of that contributes to the low BMR. It doesn't help that I have an under active thyroid and really find it difficult to lose weight. After my loss this week I am hopeful that I will be back to my target weight for my sons wedding in 6 weeks time. x

I might take a look at that book. I like the idea of protein fasting to maintain when I get to goal. I can't afford to lose muscle either. Have a super weekend. You will look amazing at the wedding. Pics please afterwards!

I am down another 1lb. I know you shouldn't weigh every day but I am trying to monitor what is happening to my weight on my up days especially when I have 2 in a row. Today will be tricky when I will probably be eating out for both lunch and dinner. Hope you have a lovely weekend. x

Enjoy your meals out as it's that that'll keep your metabolism ticking over. Look at the loss you had after your time away. If we keep our cals too low over prolonged periods then our metabolism becomes lazy. Have a fab day mere xxx

All going to plan Mere. Enjoy your weekend x

Back