mightymonocle's up and coming food log

...I think it wasn't stress so much as a fascination with all the new foods I had never tried, combined with a new attitude towards food in general - that meant I was snacking on lots of different things rather than having meals, working on it though. Plus I bought myself some kitchen scales the other day so I can help myself portion control some foods properly (eg. nuts, which I find just too easy to scoff on!)

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Still totally understandable, so hope you're done feeling bad about it and just looking forwards, now. I know it's early days, but have you seen any change in your weight/measurements yet? Can't wait to see how this is working for you! I'm still doing ok with LT, so sticking with it for another 2 or three weeks, probably...

Scoffing nuts, huh? Why does that sound so familiar...? :D

Hope to see (considerably less of) you soon,
Mx

Hi MM - hope all well and you are in the groove:D

Morning MM... Hope you have your nuts under control! Lol :)

2/11/11 -
B- 2 egg cheese omelette(2g carbs), 3 rashers bacon, coffee w/ cream(0.5g) (B- 2.5g)

~then I went out on a day trip (was out from 8am-9.30pm!) so I took a packed lunch

L-cheese triangle(1g), pork crackling(0.5g)
red thai curry salad (mixed a small portion of beef red thai curry leftovers w/lettuce + 3 cherry toms) (5g) (L- 6.5g)

tea -30g macadamia nuts (1.5g) 25g M+S seed+ nut mix (1.5g)
(3g)

D- chicken + prawns(0.5g) cooked up w/ garlic(1g), chilli, tabasco + a splash of lime juice (was so yummy!) (D- 1.5g)

3/11/11
Decided to have 2 large meals today..

B- same as yesterday 2 egg cheese omelette(2g carbs), 3 rashers bacon, coffee w/ cream(0.5g) (B- 2.5g)

+ I've planned to have -

D-2 (iceland 100% beef) burgers w/ cheese(0.5g) + 1/2 avacado(2g), wrapped in 2 cabbage leaves (0.5g), 70g chilli garlic prawns (1.5g) + courgette chips(3g) (L/D - 7.5g)

hopefully that will do me for the day, if not, i shall update later :rolleyes:

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Still totally understandable, so hope you're done feeling bad about it and just looking forwards, now. I know it's early days, but have you seen any change in your weight/measurements yet? Can't wait to see how this is working for you! I'm still doing ok with LT, so sticking with it for another 2 or three weeks, probably...

Scoffing nuts, huh? Why does that sound so familiar...? :D

Hope to see (considerably less of) you soon,
Mx

yes I have taken my measurements + gotten weighed at boots (including body fat percentage) last week- I plan to go by the boots scale for monthly official weigh ins.

Will also keep an eye on my measurements + weight on my home scales (that aren't too great) on a weekly basis just to make sure i'm not suddenly ballooning. If I'm to go by what they say this morning, then i've lost around 2lbs, + lost 1 inch off my waist, which is good news - but as I say, going to have my monthly official weigh ins to confirm! :eek:

Morning MM... I'm seriously thinking of having an official monthly weigh in at Boots... I think that's very sensible :)

I'm terrified to have a weight-in at boots incase the machine starts screaming at me! pmsl!!!

On a serious note tho, I dont think I've ever seen a big set of scales in boots. I'm going to have to check now!

lmao diet kitty!
I think monthly weigh ins help you see the full picture, so you don't get disheartened with lower losses per week.. + they're pretty discreet - print you off a receipt so no one else sees the shocking results haha! couldn't believe that I had a body fat% of over 39.. i'm practically walking blubber :p

Ha ha Lisa! I LOVE your humour! That's what I meant to say! Lol

Morning MM, LOL @ Lisa

04/11/11
B- 2 rashers bacon, 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 avacado, cheese + chicken roll up, coffee + cream

L- 1/2 can sardines on a cabbage leaf w/ sprinkle cheddar, another cheese + chicken roll up,
20g seed + nut mix

D- planned to make some courgetti-spaghetti :p w/ bacon + pesto
+ ive prepared a little cream cheese dessert (30g phili, 10g cream, a little stevia + vanilla extract)

yesterdays dinner was so yummy n easy to make
just peel a courgette into strips for your spagetti,
fry up sliced bacon + garlic, when it's cooked add the courgetti for a quick sautee, I added a few chopped cherry toms, this is optional though, you can add whatever you fancy, a couple tbsp of pesto, stir it all up + top with parmesan cheese- lovely!

05/11/11

B-1/2 tin sardines,coffee w/ cream, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp almond butter

L-bacon + cabbage, 15g pork rinds, 40g hummus

D- nothing

06/11/11
B- mackerel + cabbage, coffee w/ cream

~tried 1 piece of my home made sushi, I was making for lunch tomorrow, simply because I failed at cutting it, and it just spewed out + I didn't want it to go to waste :giggle:

(the sushi looks disastrous, I failed at rolling it + cutting it!
but it tastes delicious - just like sushi!
I used cold grated cauli for the rice, added rice vingar, a little soy, a little sesame oil + a tidge of stevia)
added some tinned salmon w/ mayo + some slices of avacado.. excited to have it for lunch tomorrow!
though it'll be more like sushi salad than sushi rolls... :rolleyes:

still feeling stuffed from breakfast, don't think i'll be having lunch, not even sure about dinner!
but if i do it'll be:

D- prawn + chicken w/ courgette noodles (w/ chilli, soy sauce + sesame oil)

Morning MM ... I love your menus - very creative! :)

Morning MM, Mmmmmmmm sushi, not sure i could make it myself though.

Morning MM, Mmmmmmmm sushi, not sure i could make it myself though.

I didn't let that stop me! haha. Made it again in prep for tomorrows lunch as it was so delicious! Managed to roll it alright this time, but I haven't got a decent sharp knife (or technique) for cutting it so it'll be a sushi log :p

07/11/11
B- smoked mackerel, coffee + cream
L-my fantasic sushi roll/ sushi salad!
s -few slices garlic sausage + a handful macadmia nuts
D- 2 100% beef burgers + some roasted broccoli - all topped w/ cheese!

all in all a yummy day :)

tomorrows planned menu..

08/11/11
B-2 egg cheese omelette, possibly with a rasher or 2 of bacon..
L-sushi log (can't cut it!)
D-roasted chicken thigh + courgette fries or.. curried cauli rice perhaps.. not too sure yet!

Back