Milk?

LucySera

So I haven't really been having much in the way of milk during my S&S journey. The main reason for that is that I'm a bit iffy about how healthy cow's milk is (don't get me started - there's a mini health-nut inside of me ;) ) but wasn't sure whether my usual alternative of almond milk would be okay as a substitution.

So.... finally I asked Rob the other day and he said it was fine - so off I sent the BF to pick some up whilst he was out. Unfortunately he picked up a new version with sugar in it (Alpro not Eco-mil), so I imagine it's probably not a great choice. 200ml has 48 cals and 6g of sugar.... I was wondering how this measured up calorie and sugarwise?

The info sheet that comes with S&S packs says 150ml of skimmed milk (daily allowance) has 50 calories. So I don't think that will be so bad, though 6g of sugar could be bad.

Seems like there's actually slightly less sugar in the almond milk than skimmed - the latter having lactose sugars (basically galactose and glucose for the science-inclined), and I've had no gains from it the last two days... so without jinxing it - so far so good.

Back