Mineral waters?

Yogi13

Can anyone tell me what is considered a low sodium mineral water? I much prefer drinking sparkling water but know it should be low sodium. However there is such a huge variation in the amount of sodium in the waters available. The one I'm using now from Lidl the Saskia classic is 13.8mg/l of sodium which is the lowest of the ones they do but just read an article that says ideally it should be less than 10mg with a high calcium and magnesium content. Should I be looking for a lower sodium water? I've basically got nowhere with the diet since the initial attack phase drop and am trying to find reasons for that. Thanks.

I think Dr D advises Contrex - high calcium and magnesium, I believe. I don't like sparkling water nor do I like Contrex, so stick to plain tap water. Better for the environment too!

Mr Robin drinks Perrier, so I've had a look at the mineral content for that - sodium is 11.8.

Thanks Robinhood, I' m afraid I was spoilt being brought up on fresh well water and I can't abide mains tap water and the chemically taste it has in comparison. I shall have a hunt around and see what is available and affordable. I do buy large bottles and decant them to the small one, still not ideal I know but I recycle what I can :)

Back