MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

i went for an hours hike round the local woods with my sis and her dog
home to do a wash load and now im reserching recipies for somethings to make tomorrow ( not for me obviously )

Done housework this morning and out walking this afternoon. MM what uni has your son gone to? our daughter started this year too she's at Newcastle studying Law. yeah it costs lots of money, but hopefully it will all be worth it andshe can look after her old mum and dad lol

My son is at Northwest Florida State College, but he is planning on transferring to larger school -- possibly the University of Central Florida (which is in Orlando). UCF has a soccer team and he wants to try and play on a college team -- I doubt he'll manage it (the kids on the teams are practically professionals these days). However, I am encouraging him to go ahead and try out. I think it might be a good school for him -- as I, personally, think he should consider going into broadcast journalism. My sister, who is an USAF officer, wants him to try and get into the AF academy (Air Force University). I want him to figure it all out for himself -- it is his life. I am not counting on him to support us in our old age, I am hoping he'll find a wife who will kick his *ss so that he can support himself. LOL

MM

Hi Trish, and everyone else --

I am off to work soon... the sun is out (yeah)! I hope you all have a great start to the week!

MM

well i missed the school bus today ( in my defense they were alot earlier than normal ) so i shall be driving madam to school, then i need to get a secret santa gift and some shopping

That'll get you up and going! It's all part of the plan. Have a great day Claire.

MM

I am at work and all the kids I help in ICT are caught up! Whooha!

a busy day at work 3 teaching assistants off and loads of kids to cover between us aarrgghh, been for wi sts then to the gym for a swim, choc shake and going to chill out and watch fast forward

Hi Trish,

I have Fastforward saved on the SKY+ -- so that my dh and I can watch it together later this week. It's weird but we're loving it.
Left work, did a bit (very little) around the house, took my daughter to her swim lesson, helped her with homework, and have been watching Being Erica. Didn't get to do aqua fit as Dh worked late.

MM

Hi,

I survived Thanksgiving and did not totally pig out. Today, I have tried to get back on track with my sitting to my plan, and doing some mending. I have almost completed the pile that was building up in the livingroom -- and will move on to the stuff that I plan to repair or alter with a machine (not by hand). However, my DH and I made a date to go and see New Moon -- I will cut up a CD bar, and fill some bottles with flavoured water and hope that popcorn doesn't smell too good.

MM

We saw New Moon and I loved it. The theatre wasn't very crowded so we were able to sit far from other people and their snacks. I'm getting ready to do some more laundry, make a bed, and other mundane chores rather than sit and nibble as would in the past.

MM

Hi Ya'll,

Got DD's new bookshelf together (DH assembled, I moved her books, etc. to it). Been cleaning the LR carpets and getting ready to put the tree up. I think we'll get it out and up after DD goes to bed, and she can come from school tomorrow and decorate before her swim lesson. I'll do some wrapping and getting ready to put under the tree -- I've been putting the Christmas CDs into the itunes, so that I can upload them to the ipods. I'll also put one in the stereo for background music.

MM

Hi --

Last night kept my promise to myself and went to auqafit. Today I can hardly lift my arms, but it a good feeling. I am planning to do a little WiiFit Stepping, Christmas decorating, and who knows -?? after I get home from work today.

MM

I guess this is my diary -- I'll have to see how to move this thread to members' diaries. Anyway, instead of eating... I got the tree decorations out of the garage, put the lights on the tree and started helping my DD decorate it. I have spoken to contact on the phone, checked my emails and responded to them, and -- of course -- been on minimins.

MM

I love this thread! its good to see how people spend their new energy!!
I have felt an energy kick on this diet, just as well as life is hectic for me!
Im a full time fine art student at uni in my 3rd year, trying to do dissertation and studio work, I work part time all weekends for the probation service, im going into teaching after uni so have a ton of applications to do, I have 3 teenage kids, my OH and a dog, and im doing my motorbike test!! bought a Harley (midlife crisis??!)
soooooo.... im really glad to be doing a diet that means i dont have to think about food! its usually the diet that goes out of the window when things get busy, but not this time! its been a godsend!

Wow! Aly,

I'd love a Harley but my OH is a secret hero (Safety Man). He'd never cope with me having a hog! I have one teenage son age 18 (who is now in Florida starting Uni there -- he'll be home on the 22nd until Jan. 4th) and a 10 year old daughter, and a dog. I work part-time as TA at the local secondary school (but I was orginally a teacher many years ago). I am hoping to train to be a fitness instructor -- I want to work out (but am not motivated), so paying me to do it... should work! LOL

MM

Last edited:
Are you American mm? I spent thanks giving in Vegas last week!! it was an experience!! and so glad i was there for the 26th :) Black Friday was very weird!!! people queing for hours & hours overnight?? i mean WTF????

I was in Florida this July :) i lurrrrrve it and wanna move there!!

fill me in??

Back