MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

forgive my ignorance but what is a secret hero??!
I love my Hog and cant wait to be on the road on it! Its a sportster low ( as im only 5'1"!!). My OH also has one, and my best mate is taking her license with me.
Fitness instructor! blimey! im personally allergic to the gym! brings me out in a sweat!
Do you have to re-train for that?
I cant wait to start teaching! I have a GTP place at a local secondary, just need a place at the uni (stress!) theres always lots of applicants...

Hey AlyB & MrsE --

Yes, I'm American. My husband works for the US Gov't on an American Air Base here in the UK. We''ve lived in Europe for 15 years. BTW the Secret "Super Hero" -- is what I should have said. We call him Safety Man, because he is the kind of person that checks the screws on the swingset everytime the kids want to go out and play.

My son is living with my father (in Florida) whilst he establishes residency: as we have lived outside the US for too long for him to be considered resident of the only state in which he has ever lived (New York). We thought he'd go to Uni in NY until he was denied in-state tuition. So, he is living with his grandfather, going to school part-time and, hopefully, come August the State will give him residency for tuition purposes and cut our tuition bill by 75%! He did not want to stay here for Uni because he isn't sure what he wants to do, and the American system is much more flexible.

The "Black Friday" thing has gotten bigger each year. The sales are so incredible that people just can't resist -- and I think it is part of the fun of having that extra day off from work. It is not as if anyone has to cook; you can usually live off your Thanksgiving leftovers for weeks. The internet sales are huge also -- I think they referred to yesterday as CyberMonday. You go back to work and continue your shopping on-line!

I am actually not a huge fan of Florida. I'd like to live in the mountains of North Carolina. I like four seasons and fewer tourists. Plus, having lived through a few -- I'm not a fan of hurricanes.

MM

Aww hope your sons education works out really well, you must miss him like crazy. I have two boys and they are my everything :)

I didn't know Florida was windy LOL I find it very humid bout the only thing I don't like

I wanna explore USA alot more I love it! Ny is another fave.

Do you get to the states often?

Not as much as I'd like -- too expensive and as I work in a school, I have to go during the school hols and prices are crazy. Plus, there is a lot of Europe I'd like to see. That said -- last year I went back during the Easter Break (San Diego) and the summer (Florida).

Thursday Dec 3 What I am doing...

Hi --

I have done a bunch of errands today, already. And have more to go. I need to going and off to work, so I'll make this brief. I am dreading my flu shot scheduled for this afternoon, but think I should go ahead and get it. Hummm.

MM

Today is another day -- yesterday was not so great. The Flu shots (one in each arm) were no fun, and the Swine Flu still hurts. My dresses ordered for tonight's "do" did not arrive, so once I check the post at 12:30... if no dress, I'm going shopping. In the meantime, I need to get some chores completed, then shower, dress, run errands, etc. I also should exercise (which I am so bad about not doing)... so, maybe I'll get off minimins, facebook and yahoo and do some working out. LOL I don't even believe me. Okay with the diet -- only a CD shake, and coffee... but it'll be a meal out tonight.

MM

Well, it was a loooooong week. I quit my job -- I have mentioned on other threads all of this (mostly on the team thread).

As far as the last problem I wrote about -- the two dresses did not come (still not here -- apparently they were sent by a boat from the US!) I bought a dress, it was the only dress I really found (everything for a night out seemed to be sequined leggings and spangle tops not exactly appropriate).

I was able to quickly alter the dress (too big in the bust), bought a wrap thingy that looked good with it, wore it with black tights and shoes I had-- and thought it looked fine. I think it did look fine with the wrap on, but in the photos taken of me dancing (not flattering) with the wrap off -- the very green A line dress with the dark hose and shoes made me look like a Christmas Tree! If I had only worn a tiara. LOL

I am well into gift wrapping, and did some more shoppingyesterday -- and really need to get busy sorting and cleaning. Time is fleeting. I am hoping that I can focus on what is good at the moment, stick the diet (I have been comfort eating and that does not realy help) and things that aren't good will improve or at least diminish in importance. Hey, the sun just came out... that's a good sign! :)

MM

So, in keeping with the thread... I have wrapped some gifts and am watching some DVDs as I wrap -- I will see how much I can get done today. I'll try to repost.

Last edited:
Dresses arrived after New Years! LOL

As far as the last problem I wrote about -- the two dresses did not come (still not here -- apparently they were sent by a boat from the US!)

LOL The two dresses arrived after New Years! One read and one green... I am going to try them on and see if they even fit... then if they do I can wear one out for dinner on Valentines Day (If I meet my challenge and am at goal). I'm sure I'll wear the other for something else sometime.

Anyway, I wanted to try and motivate myself to accomplish things --

So, what I am doing (productive) instead of eating today:

1) laundry (in progress)
2) unloading dishwasher
3) walked dog
4)?

This has turned into more of a diary than anything, but please feel free to post what you are accomplishing -- no matter how mundane you think it might be.

MM

I promised myself that I would go ahead and use this thread to motivate myself to make better use of my time and keep my mind off of eating. Since I am at home now for the first time in two years and on my own with the cupboards, fridge, leftover Christmas sweets -- it'll be a challenge for sure.

I am going to clear the fridge and cupboards, toss the excess sweets (no one needs them) and get going on my never-ending chore and "to do" list -- so, even including the mundane so far...

1) DD off to school
2) Visited Minmins
3) CD shake (early for me -- feeling hungry)
4) Played DS Suduko
5) Walked the dog with the neighbour
6) Set up my Personal Trainer Walking (did that in the wrong order -- got out the DS to set it up and found the Suduko in it -- I'm so ADD)
7) Had a CD bar -- am very hungry today
8) Unloaded and reloaded dishwasher
9) Put away folded laundry

So, let's see what I can get accomplished of value...

MM

Last edited:
Oh you're so good! I have done nothing all day except stare at the computer and minimins and the ironing is nearly hitting the roof!!:eek:

That's it then!!! Enough is enough

1. Collect kids from school
2. Do the mountain of ironing.
3. Help kids with homework
4. Make sure all musical instruments are practised.
5. Have a cup of tea.
6. Make the dinner without tasting any of it (EEEEK!!)
7. Tidy up and make sure uniforms ready for tomorrow morning

Phew!! That was exhausting writing it down never mind doing it!!!!:D

I'm going to create a to do list I think, so when I get hungry I can do something from that instead of sitting there thinking how hungry I am!

Sort through wardrobe
Sort spare bedroom (even though not my stuff!)
Do nails
Sort make up - get rid of some!
New storage system for make up
Make photo collage of family photos
Look at grad jobs

That should hopefully keep me busy for a bit!

Hi Ladies -- Thanks for joining in.

I went to 9) Tescos and bought my DH a Senso one cup thingy, some coffee pods, some Digestives -- got a theme here -- for our 23rd anniversary (today). And, I bought me (for him to use) a stop snoring pillow. LOL

I also picked him a cute little Indian Korma dinner for one -- since we can't go out. He can have his dinner whilst I am taking out DD to her swim lesson. He'd better air out the house afterwards (even if it is cold) -- I love Korma Chicken.

MM

Last edited:
My DH took DD to her swim lesson - so while they were out

10) I made dinner for them (I was okay fixing it, but left the kitchen whilst they ate).
11) Cleaned out the refrigerator/freezer (in/out/shelves/shelves/tossed stuff)
12) Wiped down the tops of a couple of the cupboards
13) Bagged up the leftover Christmas sweets to give a friend for her students

What now?... DD will go to bed soon, so maybe something after that -- I think I will continue on sorting the cupboards, wiping them down, tossing stuff, sorting them, etc.

MM

Last edited:
I haven't done any of my things, oh dear, they can go on the list for tomorrow instead!

Well CG --

You're not feeling well so that is to be expected. Most of what I've done are mundane daily family chores.

MM

Have been working from home today and now feel rather tired. Doing nothing except sit in front of the soaps and whatever else comes up next on TV.
Just don't have much energy. Unpacked a box from QVC that arrived this morning - a night treatment for my face (aromatherapy oil) sold at least £5 cheaper than the department stores, even after you have factored in the post and package costs, plus 2 travel sized moisturisers - which were 'free'.

Ha, ha - turning into a walking, talking advertisement, lol!

I finished up last night by

14) cleaning out the "snack cupboard" and bagging up stale-ish crackers, chips, etc. for the neighbour to feed to the birds.
15) starting to clean out the larger larder cupboard with canned goods, etc.
16) Calling my son in the U.S. to find out how his first Uni math class went. And, I also spoke with my neice to see how she thinks things are going. (LOL)

MM

New Day, New Post -- 12/01/10

1) got up, helped get DD off to school, made coffee, drank coffee
2) remembered to put DSlite stepper in sock (no pockets) --I'm wearing sweats until after I walk the dog.
3) got on computer (not good), checked email, Minimins and ended up chatting with a friend in California on FB -- that was very good
4) Started a load of laundry in the washer
5) Updated tickers
6) Working on today's "to do" list

Now, to make a TO Do list for today and challenge myself to see how much I can get done.

MM

Last edited:
Back