MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Hi Alli,

I have not abandoned this thread... I just got tied up running errands and then hopped on the hamster wheel of housework, meal preparation, etc.

I got DH to unlock the door, so I had air for the Shread... but now my arms barely function. And, I was doing the the modified (from the knees) push-ups. I am such a weakling! However... I issued the challenge, so I must follow through (do I have to?). lol

Have you started a fitness thing?

Mel

Not yet - I should get my Zumba dvd today (hoping it will arrive after DH leaves for work this afternoon as money is tight this month (DH changing jobs and setting up on his own so likely to be tight for a while!) and he won't be impressed seeing Amazon parcels arriving when I'm telling him we can't afford Fish & Chips :D

Not yet - I should get my Zumba dvd today (hoping it will arrive after DH leaves for work this afternoon as money is tight this month (DH changing jobs and setting up on his own so likely to be tight for a while!) and he won't be impressed seeing Amazon parcels arriving when I'm telling him we can't afford Fish & Chips :D
Alli, there isn't a woman alive who hasn't done something like this. Wardrobes full of dresses that 'I've had this old thing for ages' :D:D My sister (god rest her) had so many frocks in her wardrobe that hubby thought were years old......stupid thing was, she would never wear them, just the same old black leggings/t shirt combo. :confused:

I do this too. John: "Where did you get that from, I've never seen that before?"

"Oh I've had this ages babe! Months in fact! Don't you remember?!" lol xx :D
As your mother and your principal educator in your formative years..........I hang my head in shame....AGAIN!!! hahahahahaha xxx

I have taught you well x

Lol -- you two. I have "stored" clothing, dishes, dresses, etc. for friends over the years. I do not have to that... my husband will just sigh when he sees the "shopping". Another man once asked him why he does not say anything and he replied, "I do not fight battles I know I cannot win." His favourite thing to say when I leave to go shopping is (I may have posted this before, so sorry)...

Me, "I am going shopping. Do you want me bring you anything?"
DH, "Oh, just bring back some of my money." lol -- He knows there is no hope for all or even most!

I like to say that I ensure that his "saving" gene does not dramatically harm the economy. I do my best to ensure that a large portion of his earnings are recycled into the system. hee hee

Mel

Last edited:
Lol -- you two. I have "stored" clothing, dishes, dresses, etc. for friends over the years. I do not have to that... my husband will just sigh when he sees the "shopping". Another man once asked him why he does not say anything and he replied, "I do not fight battles I know I cannot win." His favourite thing to say when I leave to go shopping is (I may have posted this before, so sorry)...

Me, "I am going shopping. Do you want be bring you anything?"
DH, "Oh, just bring back some of my money." lol -- He knows there is no hope for all or even most!

I like to say that I ensure that his "saving" gene does not dramatically harm the economy. I do my best to ensure that a large portion of his earnings are recycled into the system. hee hee

Mel
lol, you are all heart Mel, he is lucky to have you :D Actually he sounds like a lovely man that knows when to stay schtum heheheheh

I like your thinking Mel! I think I need to find me a guy to buy me clothes!!

Alli, there isn't a woman alive who hasn't done something like this. Wardrobes full of dresses that 'I've had this old thing for ages' :D:D My sister (god rest her) had so many frocks in her wardrobe that hubby thought were years old......stupid thing was, she would never wear them, just the same old black leggings/t shirt combo. :confused:

This reminds me of my friend when she still lived at home and was supposed to be saving for a place of her own. Her dad is an accountant and was always going on at her about how much she spent and kept saying "you can't afford to keep buying clothes etc". She used to shopping and keep things hidden in her car because he used to watch her coming in to see what she'd bought. Then when everone was asleep she'd go down stairs and bring things in, and say she'd had them ages, bought them in a charity shop, he never found out, but still couldn't figure out how she couldn't afford a place of her own until she married. Now she does the same to her husband.

Last edited:
LOL - They did arrive while DH was in but he thought it was a man who'd come to read the meter (as they'd left a note saying they would come today) and I simply didn't correct him ;)

So, I've done the hour long instruction and then the 30 minute express. I'm absolutely useless so probably didn't work as hard as I would if I knew the steps but I still worked up a good sweat and my legs and stomach are feeling a little tired now).

I was going to set the DVD up in the bedroom as I wouldn't be in everyone's way doing it in the evenings but apparently we don't have a DVD player there. I thought we did, but it's just a CD player...Oh well - will have to figure something out or chuck DH out of the room for 30 minutes or so most nights...

So...this challenge Mel - is this to do exercise every day or do we get to have rest days? Will walking the dog count once or twice per week if I promise to pick up the pace and do 30 minutes?

Either way - Day 1 is done!! :):):)

Hey Mel,

I guess you are following Barack's state visit to the UK, I just wanted to say that I don't know what kind of a President he is but boy...........what a statesman?!! The man just oozes charisma and charm and Michelle is absolutely delightful. I wish that the goon we have as PM and his whatever-her-name-is wife had half of what the Obamas' have got. :D

@Alli -- (Hee hee on your DH's making foolish assumptions!)

If you need a rest day once in awhile (or even every other to start), I think it should still count - as long as it is never two consecutive days (then you risk quitting).

And, if you replace the activity with another one that is just as demanding... then I think it will be allowed.

The idea is to "form a habit"... it takes 21 days (supposedly) to form a habit. So, it is best to stick to the same time (or close), same thing (or close), same duration (or close)... so that this works.

And, if you keep at it, looking for the best time, place, activity, etc. -- you will eventually find something that works for you.

So, once you have it worked out and THEN do 21 days, you will have (hopefully) formed a new habit... and will have successfully incorporated exercise into your life.

This is what I hope happens.

Found out yesterday that we will be going to the Summer Ball in early July... so, really going to commit to losing as much as possible of those last few pounds, and working out.

Mel

@Yang,

One of my friends was invited with her military husband to represent our American Air Force Base at a BBQ at #10. She sat at the same table as Michelle Obama (after being served by the Obama's) and was even on Channel 4s broadcast!

As she went through the receiving line, President O (when he heard her name... which is Michelle) said, "Oh, that'll be easy to remember." And, then Michelle said, "Not only do I have the same nae as your wife, but my husband shares your birthday." And, President O said, "But, I bet he's 10 years younger." And, Michelle said, "No, he's not. And, you both look really good." He smile really big and told her, "That he appreciated the compliment."

Michelle O -- when sitting at their table comment to Michelle about how handsome her husband looked in his dress uniform. (He is a good looking guy.)

Michelle said that she would remember this day always it was so amazing, and that you could see how "real" they were, as they interacted and even just sat and ate.

It was a good few days to be an American... it isn't always. I voted for Obama -- in large part because I wanted some things to change. Nearly four years later our troops are still in Iraq and Afghanistan. And, when I say our I mean US, UK, UN, etc.

Mel

Mel, that sounds like it was an amazing experience for them. That is just how they both come across....REAL.

It has been a good few weeks for Mr President, what with Bin Roamin (lol) and this and the Irish visit :D:D

Hi MM. Don't think I've got enough posts to read your new diary yet. Sounds like a good idea though. I worry someone I know will find mine one day.

How's your coaching going?

Hi JK --

You are pretty close -- a huge portion of my posts come from my playing the Song Game. When I first joined, someone on the forum suggested that I go on Chit Chat and play some games to boost my posts (so I could add a signature, etc).

So, I started doing the Movie Title Game, Song Title Game, etc. I kind of got addicted to the Song Title game... there were loads of times I pop on Minimins just to play that... never checking diaries, posts, etc. I finally stopped -- because I was just repeating my posts... I only know so many song titles! lol

So, up your posts and join us on the Gold Forum. You can ask to have this diary moved -- or just start a new one. Most of us started a new one, but keep checking on our other ones, too.

Alli mentioned wanting to have a diary that did feel as if it was in the wrong place when she "changed things up" (the way beck says to do -- if what you are doing isn't working for you). A lot of us on the CD Maintenance forum were swapping to SW, WW, CC, SB, etc. and when people who are doing strictly CD (esp. SS) could be reading your diary, you feel uncomfortable mentioning food.

Plus, a lot of us talk about personal things at times -- and there are people who maybe you do want to be able to readily access your conversations. Also, I think the Gold diaries cannot be Googled.

I found minimins by googling a CD question -- the answer was in a minimins post!

I hope you have a good week -- and find getting back on at 100% not to difficult. Tomorrow is your restart (right?).

Mel

Yes. Just saw my cdc and picked up my products! Fingers crossed I get into ketosis quickly!

Good Luck JanelleKay --

Not that you need it. You are the poster girl for compliance. From what I gather you are going to SS. How long to plan to do this? It is easier to work Beck when you are doing 810. Also, you got faint the last time -- so be careful.

Mel

So, I've done the hour long instruction and then the 30 minute express. I'm absolutely useless so probably didn't work as hard as I would if I knew the steps but I still worked up a good sweat and my legs and stomach are feeling a little tired now).

I was going to set the DVD up in the bedroom as I wouldn't be in everyone's way doing it in the evenings but apparently we don't have a DVD player there. I thought we did, but it's just a CD player...Oh well - will have to figure something out or chuck DH out of the room for 30 minutes or so most nights...

So...this challenge Mel - is this to do exercise every day or do we get to have rest days? Will walking the dog count once or twice per week if I promise to pick up the pace and do 30 minutes?

Either way - Day 1 is done!! :):):)

Good grief, I'm going to have to lie down:faint2:
Hey Mel,

I guess you are following Barack's state visit to the UK, I just wanted to say that I don't know what kind of a President he is but boy...........what a statesman?!! The man just oozes charisma and charm and Michelle is absolutely delightful. I wish that the goon we have as PM and his whatever-her-name-is wife had half of what the Obamas' have got. :D

Yup, me too!

MinnieMel;3657913 As she went through the receiving line said:
What a smoothie!

MinnieMel said:
Good Luck JanelleKay --

Not that you need it. You are the poster girl for compliance. From what I gather you are going to SS. How long to plan to do this? It is easier to work Beck when you are doing 810. Also, you got faint the last time -- so be careful.

Mel

Thanks.

Yes - bring careful this time. Concentrating on drink more water if I'm feeling weak. Onto day 4 - and starting to feel good.

Ooh...forgot to ask - how's your coachee doing?

Back