MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

I think I can get my head around the last one...not so sure about the others! ;)

What I am doing...

Took DD to her first ice skating lesson (DH went and drove). She did very well.:) I was going to skate the practice sesson after the lesson with her, but as DH was there we just shivered and watched.

As there was a Morrisons nearby (there is none near us) we hand a little shop. :) We also had a late lunch in the cafe (very reasonable) and I had a jacket potato not very 810. :(

We went to the Tescos near us and I picked up the Kettle Bell I ordered -- so now I might actually have to do this. :rolleyes:

DD walked her dog when got home -- and I am planning to give the stinky little thing a bath this evening.

Now, I am home on Minis instead of helping DD with her homework or doing chores. However, DH is about to start helping her with her math.

I'll start dinner in a few minutes, too.

I really should do some ironing -- I even bought myself two folding bar stools (they were a pair in a box) so that I could prop myself on one as I ironed.

Happy sunday Mel... how are you today? the sun is out but still windy here.

How's the kettlebell going? what dvd's did u get to go with it?

Hope your well xx

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Sunday!

I'll start with my three postives:

1) It's not raining! :)

2) I pushed my DH to call his sister and he did. A (who is only 15 months older than he is: she is child #5 and he is child #6 and she adores him).

He was glad he did --as it totally made her day, week, month... maybe even year. (I know she has had been having a rough couple of years and I'd had this nagging feeling that she really needed her baby brother to call her.)

3) MY DD got a lot of her math done "independantly" and we have today to get the rest of her copious homework sorted.

Happy sunday Mel... how are you today?

I'm okay -- everyone else seems to be sleeping in, but that allowed me "quiet time" to unload the dishwasher and have my coffee and porridge in peace.

the sun is out but still windy here.

Not real sunny here, but not raining either. :eek: It is a little windy it seems.

How's the kettlebell going?

I haven't even opened the box -- but since no one is up I should do so asap.

what dvd's did u get to go with it?

I do not think it came with any DVDs, but the one I bought on the base came with one.

I'll let you know what it is -- I also have recorded a few eopisodes of Kettle Bells from Sky's channels. But, some of these "fitness" programmes end up being info-mercials. So, I'll see what kind of work outs they are as I use the Kettle Bells.

There were links to workouts on the internet on the kettle bells thread -- so, I could just use those.

Hope your well xx

Thanks, I hope you are too. I also hope that you have a better work week.

I was going to ask that, and where did you get the dvd's?

I have looked at ordering some from Amazon.com -- as most of the electronics in my house are U.S. spec. -- I think we have one DVD player that is multisystem and the built-in one in the kitchen TV is PAL (British spec) -- but since I like to work out in the livingroom it is best it I have U.S. dvds. (Plus, they are usually less expensive.)

Monday, January 23, 2012

Morning --

I signed on for Shanny's 21 day 100% challenge. I have added the count down to my title.

I ordered two KettelWorx DVDs from the States (Introduction and Fat Burner). I hope they come quickly.

The inventory was done yesterday, so maybe my washer will be transferred to this base by the end of the week (a girl can dream). ;)

What I have done today...

1) DD off to school
2) Dishwaser emptied and reloaded/tidied kitchen
3) Downstairs loo cleaned
4) Fence estimate guy here (2nd one)
5) Checked Minis diaries
6) swept kitchen floor
7) Gathered laundry to take to launderette
8) Got errands sorted to be done
9) Wrote out birthday card for cousin to post

10) Steam mopped kitchen floor
11) got a package ready to post my niece
12) made a MAM and had lunch
13) Sent important emails re: DD's hearing aid (2)
14) Checked minis diaries (lol)

Last edited:
What is a MAM? Sorry am I being stupid? Gosh, you get so much more done that I do. I really need to get my act together! I always end up coming into the study to use computer which on all day and next to kitchen! Well at least I am not in the kitchen infront of the fridge!! Mind you I should be cleaning the fingerprints off it!!

MAM is mix-a-mousse -- it is a CD shake mixed up a tbsp of this thickening agent (gelatine) that makes the shake into a lush mousse. It is so much more filling than a shake.

15) Remopped the kitchen floor using Swifters (I always find that the steam mop loosens the grime and picks up some, but not all).
16) Made more copies of an article for some Minis friends. I will post at least one of these today.
17) Cut recipes and articles from magazines I'd been saving for some reason... and put the magazines into a bag for DD's art teacher. (I put a few in a different bag for a friend with little ones.)
18) Rearranged a bit of DH's office, so that he can now use his elliptical again. (I had Christmas mailing stuff in the way.)
19) Checked minis diaries (lol)

Last edited:
Ah! I am stupid! I've never tried MAM even when I previously did CWP. Probably just stick with packs as they are. I tried the berry flavoured stuff and I really didn't like it! So a waste money however, much it was!

Wow you are busy. :)

I feel quite lazy now . . .
1. got kids up and to school
2. walked dogs
3. HAve done some work
4. emptied dishwasher and refilled.
5. stopped working to play on the internet - tch

20) Did my Kettle Bell Intro workout
21) Friend dropped by a cuppa
22) unpacked DD's school bag, remade her lunch for tomorrow (in fridge), repacked bag with snack, etc. and sorted a fresh PE kit, -- she is ready to go school again!
23) Got DS and DD out the door in time for swim lesson w/ correct money and leisure centre card!
24) Sent emails to teacher reminding them that DD will out in the afternoon for an Ortho appt.
25) Made dinner (is in oven ATM), set table, filled water glasses -- and
26) I am dressed to go to Aquafit. the famil can eat whilst I there and I'll have my CD when I return.
27) Posted on minis (lol)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

to finish last night's list --

28) did aquafit
29) clean up kitchen after I got home
30) use the home straightening kit of DD's hair (took about an hour) -- it turned out lovely
31) was too tried to go to launderette, so will do that tomorrow morning before seeing my CDC and taking my DD to her ortho appt.

Tuesday

Starting with Three Postives:

1) DD's hair turned out lovely (I used the Garnier Frutis Straightening Kit)
2) The laundry is ready to go to the launderette... and this could be my last trip (not likely, but possible :) )
3) DD should get her brace's removed today!

What I have been doing list:

1) DD off to school
2) Dishwasher emptied and reloaded/tidied kitchen
3) Breakfast/coffee and watched news
4) swept kitchen floor
5) loaded laundry into car to take to launderette
6) Got errands sorted to be done
7) Checked Minis and posted

I'm going to be out most of the day... so no lminis urking. *sigh*

Just stopped by to see what you had done already today - it spurs me on to get off my lazy butt and get working.

I think I will do some furniture rearranging!

Just stopped by to see what you had done already today - it spurs me on to get off my lazy butt and get working.

I think I will do some furniture rearranging!

LOL -- I felt like I did more when I was posting what I was doing... so I've gone back to doing this.

8) Washed, dried and folded 7 American loads of laundry. (Still need to put it away and hang up the air dry things.)
9) Put petrol in DS's car.
10) Posted letters in box.
11) Went to bank.
12) Drove 20 plus miles to DD's school to pick her up, then drive 26 miles to the orthodontist to get her braces removed.
13) Back home and made a MAM for lunch -- having a coffee and checking minis whilst DD practices her piano.

(and it is not even 2 p.m., yet!)

14) piano practiced by both of us
15) homework done
16) drove to visit friends (DD's the mum). We had coffee and a chat whist the girls made a video.
17) back home, change for swim team practice (DD)
18) backpack sorted, lunch made -- ready for school tomorrow
18) dinner made, table set
19) checking minis

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1) Emptied Dishwasher, reloaded, tidied kitchen after everyone had breakfast/swept floor
2) visited Minis and had coffee with some water
3) sent important emails
4) put away laundry
5) went to piano lesson
6) Post office (picked up Americam mail)
7) paid store bill, returned item (procrastination thing sorted), bought replacement water bottle for DD and some jeans on clearance for me
8) Checked on washing machine -- it is here!!! Paid for it -- we can pick it up tomorrow!
9) visited Minis
10) DD is home from school and walking her dog -- I am sorting her backpack, making her lunch for tomorrow and getting dinner sorted.

11) took DD to piano lesson and read whilst she was in her lesson
(Didn't make it to aquafit as her lesson ran long -- but I can go to a morning one if I get out of the house right after DD leaves for school.)
12) came home and sorted estimates for fence, only to get an email from the house's owner telling me that the first builder was right and the fence belongs to the b*tchy neighbours who keep complaining about it. I can't wait to go over and give them the estimates!!! Ha! Made my day!!!
13) read and sent reply emails to DD's teacher (we are trying to sort a new hearing aid and some other things)

Last edited:
14) informed the neighbours that boundary is theirs to maintain -- they disagree. I got their email and sent it to the house's owner and and sent them his... let them "duke it out".

Back