MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Hi Illa,

I will probably just South Beach/low carb it. If I hold my own -- do not gain -- I'll be happy.

Mel

Thanks -- need to get busy, soon.

I just sent my DD to bed with her own book to read! lol

:( i tought i had posted already lol.. Congrats on your loss! Thats amazing :D. Wait, now that i think of i think i did, but ,y phone was playing up and didnt send it :( grrr.. Lol

@MizPayne -- Thanks. I am hoping it will motivate me to keep at it! ;) Made fried rice for DD and DS fro dinner -- and added ham, so I would not be tempted. (I do not eat pork.)

Wow, 5lb. Well done! I'm following a mix of ss+ and 810 but can't stop picking at stuff. I need to be 100% from now til Xmas to get the weight back off. Dude went the full day today with '0' accidents. He's been going potty and I totally I've the way he suddenly stops what he's doing and zips off to the potty! Such a good boy.

P.S when I studied in PA for 4 1/2 months I loved the pumpkin ice-cream and pumpkin pie! Nom mom. 2 years ago I was making pumpkin soup too! All of which is sort of an acquired taste!

Hi Nikki -- I am impressed with Dude's progress. My DS was okay with weeing in the pot, but I really thought he might be wearing an adult nappy to Uni because he had a fear of doing poo in the pot (he ins't -- whew!). I had my boy first and girl second -- and the girl was so much easier.

Hey, thanks for the positive on Pumpkin pie and other sweet things -- I get so much flack from my British friends over this "Pumpkin is a savoury not sweet".

Let me know how the Zumbatronic goes! At least you will not worry about having "killed" tham as you were with the Zumba Gold! LOL

How long to Beto? (Sooo, jealous.)

Mel

Hey MM! How was your day?

Hi Miz Payne --

Fair to middlin'. It started out okay: then I got a bit bummed about a family thing; but then, married to each other friends dropped by (and that was nice), but they had news about "cardiac event dad" -- his surgery is tomorrow and he is very scared; then I got annoyed at another friend (drama queen and bit insensitive at times); but then, I got some procrastinated items done :); but I did not do any fitess :(; but I got stuff mailed and went grocery shopping; our box is packed; but I have so much I did not do :( -- and so it goes. lol

But, your box is packed and I'll post it tomorrow. And, I do not want you even considered how many pro-points it is! lol

I was dismayed to see all the Thanksgiving stuff set up in the grocery store today! *sigh* Halloween is still over two weeks' from now!

MinnieMel said:
Hi Miz Payne --

Fair to middlin'. It started out okay: then I got a bit bummed about a family thing; but then, married to each other friends dropped by (and that was nice), but they had news about "cardiac event dad" -- his surgery is tomorrow and he is very scared; then I got annoyed at another friend (drama queen and bit insensitive at times); but then, I got some procrastinated items done :); but I did not do any fitess :(; but I got stuff mailed and went grocery shopping; our box is packed; but I have so much I did not do :( -- and so it goes. lol

But, your box is packed and I'll post it tomorrow. And, I do not want you even considered how many pro-points it is! lol

I was dismayed to see all the Thanksgiving stuff set up in the grocery store today! *sigh* Halloween is still over two weeks' from now!

:) aww thank you MM. It really does mean soooo much to me. You ARE AMAZING! And i finished yours! Just need your address :).
Sry to hear it was a rough day :(.. Sounds like it was just one of those days for you, where everything happens at once so very impressed that you did get some stuff done :).
Wow thanksgiving, dont really have to worry about that here lol.. Last year i attempted some green bean casserole, but yea didnt really work without the french's lol. Probably not gonna do much for halloween. Neither my husband nor i drink or anything so we dont really go out to parties so kinda miss that lol. One day we shall have kids and holidays canhave meaning again! :p lol
Hey ive been asked a couple times when ive talked about you to the fam :D. Where abouts from the states are you from? And do you miss it? Lol

I'm planning a dressy up Halloween Zumba class the Thursday before Halloween. Make up and everything. Winder what state I'll be in afterwards?

I'm planning a dressy up Halloween Zumba class the Thursday before Halloween. Make up and everything. Winder what state I'll be in afterwards?

LOL - you should come up with a routine to Monster Mash! ;)

Morning MizPayne -- I wrote a long post and lost it, so I am rewriting it. :8855:

:) aww thank you MM. It really does mean soooo much to me. You ARE AMAZING! And i finished yours! Just need your address :). I know how it is -- and no big deal. Address in package.
Sry to hear it was a rough day :(.. Sounds like it was just one of those days for you, where everything happens at once so very impressed that you did get some stuff done :). Thanks, I hate it when I have a pity party. It is so not me.
Wow thanksgiving, dont really have to worry about that here lol.. Last year i attempted some green bean casserole, but yea didnt really work without the french's lol.

I have almost always cooked dinner, served it as an evening meal because I invite some "natives". The Germans loved all the Thanksgiving foods, the Brits can't get on with the Pumpkin Pie and Sweet Potatoes with marshmallows on top -- but they love stuffing, corn bread and brocolli casserole.

A few times we've had dinner at a base club -- one time when it was just DH and me at home, and another when DS was at anoher base for a swm meet and we went with him, and another when wmet up with family near a base 1 1/2 hours away and we treated them to dinner at the Club near there.

Probably not gonna do much for halloween. Neither my husband nor i drink or anything so we dont really go out to parties so kinda miss that lol. One day we shall have kids and holidays canhave meaning again! :p lol

Neither Dh nor I are big drinkers, but I like a party. I make DH stay until the first couple has left -- then we can usually go home. By then some people are usually getting ploughed, and it isn't pretty.

Hey ive been asked a couple times when ive talked about you to the fam :D. Where abouts from the states are you from?

Hard question to answer: my father is a retired Air Force Officer and not a warm fuzzy soul (my mother is gone). My parents had four daughters born within six years and we were all born in different States.

I own a house in NYS, but it isn't my home.

Our families are scattered all over, as are our friends.

DH and I have from time to time talked about where we might like to live in the U.S. -- and are even considering retiring to somewhere like Spain or Portugal. We might see where DS ends up and follow him... but we think he'll choose to live a nomadic life, as that is what he knows and loves.

And do you miss it?

I missed my career for a long time, but having a special needs child would have probably "ended that" for me. I am a all-or-nothing kind of mother.

I used to miss some products -- but what I can't get on the Air Force base, I can usually get shipped from the States. The internet has made life overseas much easier.

I have had SKY TV since it started and that has so much American programming -- I buy People magazine (which I never did in the States, and did not even have cable T.V. there) and that "helps" me know what is what in the U.S. popular culture. At least a bit.

When I go back to visit, I love to walk the aisles of the grocery stores and look at all the weird new products that do not make it over to Commissaries here. I'll buy stuff to bring back to share.

My DH's new contract provides annual home leave (airfare back to the States for the whole family once a year). The airfare is only one part of what a trip home costs us -- but it will certainly help.

I have gone back about every other year (on the average, but there was a four year period when I did not go back at all) -- but my DH almost never goes. I think he has gone back twice in 17 years to visit. (He has been back in the States on business, though.)

The last time I went was April 2011 with DD. We will all (I hope) go back around June 1/2 term (I hope). My father is in NWFL and is not well (he will be 78 on Halloween), my MIL is in central Florida and she is in good shape but 86. We have a lot of friends to see in Florida (if time allows) and Tampa is one place where DH could relocate back to the U.S. easily. DD would LOVE that -- she is a beach bunny.

Lol

Home is where MY FAMILY is (DH, DS, DD and Little Dog).

I would, if I were you, go to school and get UK qualications -- ones that could easily be converted to U.S. ones and make a life here that worked for me.

Mel

Last edited:
October 14, 2011

The SUN! I see the SUN! YAY!!!! :D:D:D

I am sitting at the computer but not feeling guilty as I am soaking in the rays though my window pane! ;)

I do have loads to do, and should get at it. Especially since I am running away to Corfu next week. :rolleyes:

Hi Emz, Nikki, PP and Gemma --

I hope that you all fave a Fab Friday!

Mel

The SUN! I see the SUN! YAY!!!! :D:D:D

I am sitting at the computer but not feeling guilty as I am soaking in the rays though my window pane! ;)

I do have loads to do, and should get at it. Especially since I am running away to Corfu next week. :rolleyes:

Hi Emz, Nikki, PP and Gemma --

I hope that you all fave a Fab Friday!

Mel

Please can I come with you to Corfu - I'll make myself really small (HA!) and you can pack me into your hand luggage :rolleyes:. I could kill for a holiday right about now. We have no money yet though and so will need to wait. I'm having a hunt on the web for a cheap (but good) spa place so that I can take a friend and go away for the day to relax.

Hope you have a great Friday & enjoy the sun!! :)

Hi Alli,

Groupon often has good deals. Register to get their daily offers.

Mel

p.s. I wish you could come -- plan on next years' Mothers' Mental Health Trip (we go the week BEFORE October 1/2 term). That way we are mellow enough to survive 1/2 term with the kids! ;)

Back