MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Wow so youve been on the move all your life then! But like you say ome is where the family is, and my OH is definitely my family now lol. It is super hard to be away from my family though. Especially my little brother. Hes my half brother from my mom and when i turned 14 i started living with my dad cause i hadnt really been around him when i was little, and he was finally in a place where i could. And then my mom and his das split, and i juat feel like i was never them like i should.. I remember taking care of him when he was a baby and we always had a really good relationship and it just really breaks my heart not being able to be there for him. I worry about him all the time :(. The worst is when i left last time, and i had to tell him i was leaving, i know it hurt him so much. He hadnt known i was leaving so soon. He was trying to make plans for next time we were both at moms house, and it broke my heart to have to tell him that i was leaving a few days after that.. It was crushing.. Especially cause boys try to hide stuff and just get really quiet :(. He hasnta had it very good and i just dont want him to go down a wrong path cause of the things hes been through.. About 2 years ago his dads gf killed herself in the house he was in! My stepdad said he found her in the morning, and when i asked what my bro had seen he said that he had seen enough.. It hurts me all the time that he would have to go through that.. And the anger i feel toward that devil woman for doing that to him is so intense.. I mean i know you shouldnt speak ill of the dead, but she wasnt a good person at all in life and to be that selfish and evil put my little boy throught that... Idk..
Wow sry i kinda went on a really bad rant there :(... I guess being a scorpio and thinking of my bro gets me going lol..

(((((((BIG HUGS)))))))

I hope that you are able to Skype with him often. Maybe when you and your OH are settled, you can apply for guardianship of your little brother and bring him over here to live with the two of you. You'd need to do it before he is 16, though.

Did he ever get his skateboard back?

Mel

MinnieMel said:
(((((((BIG HUGS)))))))

I hope that you are able to Skype with him often. Maybe when you and your OH are settled, you can apply for guardianship of your little brother and bring him over here to live with the two of you. You'd need to do it before he is 16, though.

Did he ever get his skateboard back?

Mel

Thanks:) hes gonna be 16 in 2 years already :0.. I really cant believe it.. He does have the internet unfortunately :( his dad is cheap lol.
No he never got it back, but he has another one he said, probably a crappy homemade one lol.. Figures one of the ones he has (hopefully not the stolen one :( ) my mom bought for him and he had it all custom for a few hundred bucks a ouple years ago. But like my OH says hes a good smart kid, hell do the right thing :)

Hey mel :).. Just found out my bro has the net now and a laptop. Im sending hm my extra mic and told him to get him a webcam.. Hopefully he can get one. Just went to the park with the OH. Hows your day going? When do you leave on your holiday?

Hey mel :).. Just found out my bro has the net now and a laptop. Im sending hm my extra mic and told him to get him a webcam.. Hopefully he can get one. Just went to the park with the OH. Hows your day going? When do you leave on your holiday?

Cool beans... soo, you'll be able to Skype with him.

I am in need to getting going on my to dos, etc.

I leave at O'Dark Thirty on Monday for Stanstead and then fly out to Corfu 6:40 a.m. -- I wanted to arrive fairly early, so if the room is unsuitable I can "encourage" them rectify the situation. ;) We fly back on the 24th (Monday to Monday) -- we'll get back around 2:00 p.m. UK time.

Then, I'm home for the evening and next morning, then I'm headed over to Great Yarmouth to join DD and our friends until Friday (it is 1/2 term).

Friday Night is the Halloween Party (that reminds me I need to alter DH's costume before I go). Then Saturday will be the "Harvest Fest" on base, followed by Trick or Treat and pizza for all (except me). Sunday the 30th --- get sorted for back to school -- and then it'll be the usual hamster wheel of life until Thanksgiving.

jcon4268l.jpg

Mel

MinnieMel said:
Cool beans... soo, you'll be able to Skype with him.

I am in need to getting going on my to dos, etc.

I leave at O'Dark Thirty on Monday for Stanstead and then fly out to Corfu 6:40 a.m. -- I wanted to arrive fairly early, so if the room is unsuitable I can "encourage" them rectify the situation. ;) We fly back on the 24th (Monday to Monday) -- we'll get back around 2:00 p.m. UK time.

Then, I'm home for the evening and next morning, then I'm headed over to Great Yarmouth to join DD and our friends until Friday (it is 1/2 term).

Friday Night is the Halloween Party (that reminds me I need to alter DH's costume before I go). Then Saturday will be the "Harvest Fest" on base, followed by Trick or Treat and pizza for all (except me). Sunday the 30th --- get sorted for back to school -- and then it'll be the usual hamster wheel of life until Thanksgiving.

Mel

Wow you have a lot going :), but you're gonna have such a fun time!.. I'm sure that you have some great "encouragement" skills lol hopefully it won't take too much though..
Oo great yarmouth is awesome we went comping there for a week last year it was so nice :). Then lots of fun parties! So jealous.. funny how I already feel like I want to be more social.. though I still think that if it really came down to it id still be a bit anxious.. ah well lol.
Super jealous for your upcom.ing schedule lol.. should I wait until the end of the month then to send your package?

LOl It all sounds like fun (and a bit of it might be ;) ) -- but a lot of it is kid centered. My DH is not a socialable person, so it will be like pulling teeth to get him in a costume and to the the party. Then he watches the clock until the first couple leaves -- then I will usually agree to go. (I refuse to be the last to arrive and first to go - lol.)

Three of the last four Halloweens he "got out of going" to the party we usually attend. This year we are going to someone elses' party -- someone he works with, so I am hoping it will be better (he'll know a lot of the people there).

And when I am away, I have to "catch up" when I get back... so being gone for two weeks in a row is a bit of a hassle.

That said -- it is nice to have a change of pace. ;)

Mel

Last edited:
MinnieMel said:
LOl It all sounds like fun (and a bit of it might be ;) ) -- but a lot of it is kid centered. My DH is not a socialable person, so it will be like pulling teeth to get him in a costume and to the the party. Then he watches the clock until the first couple leaves -- then I will usually agree to go. (I refuse to be the last to arrive and first to go - lol.)

Three of the last four Halloweens he "got out of going" to the party we usually attend. This year we are going to someone elses' party -- someone he works with, so I am hoping it will be better (he'll know a lot of the people there).

And when I am away, I have to "catch up" when I get back... so being gone for two weeks in a row is a bit of a hassle.

That said -- it is nice to have a change of pace. ;)

Mel

Yea there is always a stack of stuff to get back to at home, but its always great to just be somewhere other thatn the same old place for a while :p.. Yeah its funnyhow motivated a guy can get when its more to do with him lol

:bighug:hey MM! hope youre having yourself a great time! missing you lots :). got your package! thank you so much, its way above and beyond what i wanted and relly means a lot to me thank you :D.
cant wait to hear how your holiday went when you get back!!

Hiya. Hope all is well in Corfu. It's freezing here. Yesterday as we jumped in the car there was a mist on the screen. Turns out it was frost not mist! Oh well winter is on its way. No way of stopping it now! Been back on plan after going off it from Saturday to Tuesday. Party in pink. Staying at my aunts. Plus rebelling, as we do every so often. Think I
Back in ketosis. I need to be extra extra good now. I must get this weight off for Xmas! Just can't stop snacking on protein foods. Mentally it's grating on me. My flaming mouth starts watering. Wish I didn't have to prepare the meals in the house!

Happy birthday mel. Hope u are having a wonderful holiday and getting spoilt rotten.!! :) :)

Toooooot tooooooot

Xxxxxxx

Happy bday mel! Im sure youre living it up on your hols :D

Hi mel. I'm on my phone so can't do anything fancy but

Happy birthday!

Heya! Got your package all reasy should be sending it out tomorrow for ya :D I can't wait til you get it lol this is whe I get nervous and impatient lol

@Miz PP --

Thank you so much, you really shouldn't have. I was happy to be able to send another ex-pat a little taste of home.

Mel

Back