MinnieMel is nolonger considers herself a CDer. One final post.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Well, DH's Christmas do was last night and I spent most of the day getting ready for it. Three hours at the hairdressers alone!

I have my hair thinned, highlighted and roots touched up. Then it was put up in an updo. My hair looked amazing from the back, but was (I think) it was a bit severe from the front. Needed some tendrils of something to soften it. Putting on make-up and earrings helped a bit.

Just like last year, I lost a bauble. Last year it was a real pearl earring and this year it was a fake pearl and diamond hair grip (I had four, but came home with three). I bought cheap earrings at Claires, since I figured if I lost anything it would be one of those.

I bought two new dresses on Friday night, both about knee length (because I am short). The maroon dress looked a bit too casual when on, but the black dress looked very good (it had a lacy overlay). It was rather loose, as it is a shift dress, but it worked. It fit through the shoulders and hung well. I wore it with a blackish sliverly long sleeved cover (spakle) and the same sort of shade (slightly blacker) sparkly tights. I wore my black patent leather very high-heeled shoes, and carried a black cigarette clutch.

I also found a lovely green dress in my wardrobe (one of the two I ordered last year that arrived too late) that fit and looked good (and had never been worn) so, I would have been okay with that. I also still have the red dress -- the other that arrived too late last year (but it is a UK12, so too small atm, I think).

I think will wear that for Valentines' Day. I am planning to make DH take me out for dinner and dancing. I feel owed because last nights' party was dreadful.

The "company" party was the worse ever! The room was packed with tons of groups and they kept announcing them and getting them to cheer like at a panto (totally no class what-so-ever). The service was dreadful and disorganised, the food was mediocre, and the entertainment has torturous. The music was painfully loud - the "show" went on for so long that we left before there was any dancing. I really feel cheated as this was the ONLY Christmas party, event we'd planned to do this year. DH (and several others) thought it was awful, as well.

DD has a ton of homework, I have tons of wrapping, packing and cleaning... let's see what I can get done today.

DH and I weighed this morning and have started on working to take off at least 1.5 stone -- which is our most we shoudl weigh targets. So, I really will be doing anything but EATING -- (I hope)!

Sry to hear it was a crappy night, but at least you got your hair done and foubd some really.nice dresses out of it. Im definitely.gonna get the OH to do something on valentines thus year as well.. Just because our anniversary is 2 days before they are still seperate events ;) lol

Sry to hear it was a crappy night, but at least you got your hair done and foubd some really.nice dresses out of it. Im definitely.gonna get the OH to do something on valentines thus year as well.. Just because our anniversary is 2 days before they are still seperate events ;) lol

Thanks, it was a bit disappointing.

And, that's right... no "double countsies" -- you get to celebrate V-day and your anniversary as special events.

emily's thought of the day on seeing your school bus being pulled by reindeer....

that's a silly picture. reindeer can't pull a bus (laugh), they have to 'tow' a sleigh (laugh)!

thought you'd might like emily's thoughts :D

happy mmmmmmmoooooonnnnndddddddaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!

Morning
How you doing with the weeks losses - I seem to be stuck at the moment, nothing moving either way :( I suspect that since my OH joined me on this diet I have lost the way, I was doing much better when it was just me.

@Nikki -- Ems is a hoot. Tell her that the reindeer moonlight for the RAC! ;)

Morning
How you doing with the weeks losses - I seem to be stuck at the moment, nothing moving either way :( I suspect that since my OH joined me on this diet I have lost the way, I was doing much better when it was just me.

Well, actually I have been treading water most of the autumn... and my OH and I decided to weigh and restart yesterday morning. We both need to lose a minimum of 20 pounds. He is doign the South Beach Diet and I am doign Cambridge, so although we are both dieting -- we are doing different things. the first few days of CD are usually very difficult for me -- so he cooked last night for himself and the kids. I am going to try and cook tonight.

However, this "teaming" works well for us -- as no one wants to go out to eat, order a take-a-way, or buys any "bad foods". And, once I am "in the groove" I become a feeder and LOVE being able to experiment and try different recipes, etc.

From Janaury to April my DH was on South Beach Phase 2 and lost over 40 pounds, I was using CD810/1000 and lost about 24 pounds. I have regained most of what I lost between June and today... and he has regained about half.

So, now we are working on taking that off and will (once again) try to maintain our losses. Which is our downfall -- both of us stopped doing the extra fitness and that is a big part of our problem.

Can you make sure you are drinking your water, up your fitness, try to do 10,000 steps a day? Maybe you can talk to your OH about this being "more of team" effort. I hope things "move" for you soon.

Mel

How are you today mel? Hope youre having a great day despite this bitter weather

For Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I am sure I mentioned that my clothes has broken...

Well, I am not sure if I should consider my midnight trip to laundry mat as being Monday or Tuesday... but I was at the base laundry from just after midnight until nearly 2:00 a.m. VERY early Tuesday morning because I realised at 11 p.m (as I was about to go to bed) that DD did not have any clean uniform shirts. I could have washed one by hand -- hung it in the airing cupboard or tossed it in the dryer -- but NO, I had to gather all the laundry and go to the base laundry mat. Two hours and five large American size washer loads (washed, dried and folded -- except for the few things that were hung in the airing cupboard like DH's 100% cotton shirts)... I was back home and getting ready to go to bed. I fell asleep around 3 a.m. and was woken up at 6:30 to start my day with DD. After she left for school I tried to go back to bed to take nap, but CFF called and so I gave up.

I managed to (by staying off the computer... no email, minis, FB, ebay, amazon, websearching...) get 9 packages posted. Many of those were Christmas gifts -- so they also were wrapped, cards added, and since they were going to the U.S. they had all the customs paperwork (American a bit tedious) on them.

After the packages were prepped I showered, washed my hair and tried my hand at straightening it. The ahirdresser diod thai after she cut it -- so, I thought I give it a go.

I used that John Frieda 3 day spray (so that if it worked I wouldn't have to straighten it again until I washed it).
I have very thick hair and is is wavey... I put the spray in my "damp" hair as directed and tried to blow it dry - I realised that I needed to put diffusor on the dryer -- so I did. Then, I started trying to use the straighteners -- I had to do it layer by layer and it took AGES. (It still looks like I have a ton of hair -- I can't get the flat look at all. I settled for somewhat smooth.) Then, as I was doing my errands -- I came out of the grocery store into a fine misty rain... so, the waves are back. UGH! What a hassle... how do people do this everyday?

I am starting to think that Sinead O'Connor is on to something. What a time saver!

Other than the packing and mailing (long lines as the deadline is approaching), I did some shopping and banking. A few of the usual chores, but nothing major.

For all I got done -- I had very few steps yesterday and so feel a bit guilty there. I was too tried to "start back" with fitness, but I really MUST.

Food has been very good (proud of myself) sticking 100% since Sunday. I am going to check for ketosis the next time I wee -- it might be a early but I am feeling the headache and yuck taste in my mouth.

I'll see my CWPC tomorrow morning and will get more products -- be weighed by her (and will probably show a gain from the last time I saw her). As she was taken on a job -- it has been difficult to get a same time each week appointment... and this is a issue for me. So, I am seriously considering rejoining Rosemary Conley for the same time each week weigh in and fitness class. DH is doing well with the SouthBeach, too. I am interested in seeing on Sunday how we've done this week.

hey productive lady - I am poorly sick, but wanted to say hi!

I cant believe your party was such a flop, gutted! Never mind, at least you have some credit for valentines day, which is only about 9 or 10 weeks away!

So, today, if I can peel myself off the sofa, I am going to wash the covers from it and pop my crimbo tree up in the play room ready for the bambino to dress later and try and catch up with mt washmore.

Is your washer broken? You have the patience of a saint if you spent the wee small hours in the laundrette. That's almost heroic!

Sorry you are unwell... I have been battling a cold for a few weeks (mostly just congestion now, but I end up coughing when I try to sleep.)

hey productive lady - I am poorly sick, but wanted to say hi!

I cant believe your party was such a flop, gutted! Never mind, at least you have some credit for valentines day, which is only about 9 or 10 weeks away!

I was GUTTED. Thanks for that.

So, today, if I can peel myself off the sofa, I am going to wash the covers from it and pop my crimbo tree up in the play room ready for the bambino to dress later and try and catch up with mt washmore.

My DD has been nagging about the tree for a few weeks already -- so, I need to finish up the mailing and tidy up the living room and get the tree and those decorations out asap.

Is your washer broken?

Yep. And, because it is nearly 8 years old and American Manufactured for the Canadian Market (220 volt) -- the parts have to come from the U.S. and my DH is not even 100% sure if what he thinks it is, is what it is. He said -- that for the money for the parts and shipping, plus time involved and risk that it really isn't worth fixing that I should just buy a new one. So, I called... and they are out of stock. It may be 6 weeks... UGH! But, I want a top loader American Washer.

You have the patience of a saint if you spent the wee small hours in the laundrette. That's almost heroic!

More like silly. I should have handwashed a shirt and gone to laundry during the day yesterday. lol But, thanks.

I hope you are better soon, Nat.

Mel

Wow you certainly did get a lot done. Ive had to do tons of laundry late at night before and it was no fun.. Though i was at home and i could dry out of being tired, cranky and frustrated.. Not somethng you canreally do at the laundry mat :(. Dont be down on yourself for not getting your steps in, you got loads done and you should get tons of CREDIT for that. You must have been running around like a chicken with their head cut off (as we americans would say lol). Congrats with sticking to your diet :). Seriously thats a big thing even without the fitness. So even through a stressful day you made good eating decisions so more CREDIT :).

Morningggg Mel how did weigh in go? And I have read you are ssing :) well done to you.. Are u finding it hard?? ( I'd love to ss again) lol xx

Morning Mel!

Today could be tree day - yesterday I mostly stayed on the sofa feeling very sorry for myself.

Hope you have a nice day

Morningggg Mel how did weigh in go? And I have read you are ssing :) well done to you.. Are u finding it hard?? ( I'd love to ss again) lol xx

My CWPC and I have had to cancel and reschedule a few times, and now I will not see her until Tuesday morning. But, I will weigh at home on Sunday and that will be one week. I am doing well with the SSing and hope to stay 100% until the 25th -- I am having four, not three though.

Morning Mel!

Today could be tree day - yesterday I mostly stayed on the sofa feeling very sorry for myself.

Hope you have a nice day

Hi Nat,

I hope you feel better. I think the tree will be on the weekend for us.

hi mel.

crazy day leading to a crazy week! made a list of things i need to do over the next 7 days starting monday....... 2 A4 pages. :eek:

too busy to go to the gym, too busy to do anything.

got to finish off 3 christmas cakes
got to do emily's birthday cake
got to get my nails done for my big night out
got to get my job application form in
got to go to a planning meeting for said job.
got to take dude to tumble tots
got to take shoes back to next
got to get weighed
got to not go overboard on my diet as i'm rushed
got a zumbatomic santa class to teach
got my hair that needs cutting
got emily's birthday to sort out
ems has a party at school, a school disco and dude has a party for me to get clothes ready for too.
got pressies to wrap
out for 2 meals friday and saturday

have cancelled my tuesday zumba class til january as i'm hectic. that and not going to the gym :( so little time to fit all of this in this week... and more. next week..... all is quiet.

Back