Mirjam's Cruise diet

Thanks Ellie :)

It's going good Chris, thanks for asking :)
Scales are going down so that's good. Am having a sandwich for the first time in I don't even remember how long... Even had some voddies last night as well as extra.

Had a bit of a rough day yesterday, one of the cats is ill with a viral infection and is sneezing the whole time. Also, he's got a snotty nose and is blowing bubbles. He does eat but doesn't want to play or cuddle and the vet said he's got a high temperature. We got some meds (ibuprofen for cats) and have to keep monitoring him. If he starts getting a runny nose we have to go back and then he'll probably get antibiotics. I feel so sorry for him, he's lying on either the couch or the bed sneezing his little heart out and yesterday he had an itch after he sneezed and he was rubbing his nose frantically. This morning Alan said he was purring again so hopefully he is feeling a little bit better.

Went for my run yesterday and I do get fitter! The first 2 sessions of 8 mins were going great, but the last 3 mins of the third session were tough. This week, it's 10 mins running, 2 mins walking so not long before I have to be able to run for 15 mins. Can't wait to get outside to run, am getting so bored by running on the treadmill!

Good luck with WI this Mirjam - so glad SW is working for you as a diet - I like it as a plan tbh - just love Dukan cos I am sooooo dependant on carbs and it is a relief to not crave them all the time. The running sounds like it is coming along nicely -well done - I am gonna start power walking soon - did a session whilst I was away and loved it with my music on!!!

Kitty's still à bit snotty and sneezes now and again but he's playing again so that's good news. even better news is that I chucked my job today, This Friday's my last day :D boss lady refused to approve my hours and reduced them by 2.5 and then also refused to let me compensate them this week. I was so furious I contacted my agent and told her I was resigning and she agreed. Long story, but I know that boss lady's attitude towards me changed when I applied for the job and I was right.... Agent is going to investigate so am curious what the outcome will be. In the meantime, a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders and can't wait for it to be 3pm Friday afternoon!

Glad kitty is on the mend and that you have an end to your horrible job! Lifes too short to be sooooo unhappy in a job. x

Hello there, and I've caught up on your news... I hope your cat soon gets better, awh poor thing!
I'm glad to hear your switch to SW is working out for you. My sister just did the same thing (but she's not looking forward to her second meeting tonight as she found the meeting rather boring!!). Still, as a veggie, Dukan was never going to be easy for her.

Well done on keeping up the running too... something I've yet to commence.

As for the job, good for you! Hope the new business works out.
x

glad to see you've got shut and how very unprofessional of a so called 'boss' and sounds like you've plenty to keep busy with :)

Cat's really getting better, he was playing last night on the bed with me and he hadn't played for a day or 4 so he's on the mend. No more snotty nose although you can here it's stilll a little bit blocked.
Am so relieved I chucked it in yesterday, am walking around with a big fat grin on my face as she's decided I am allowed to compensate my 2.5 hours so will be finishing Friday at 12.30. Free at last! :D:D:D

I agree Chris, people management skills she has not..... even my agent told me that I was right about her changed attitude as all of a sudden she had complaints about my work. All untrue but nevertheless.... so glad I am not having to work for her anymore!

Well, had my first weigh in last night and was a bit weary as whether I had lost weight or not due to eating carbs. I was pleasantly surprised to see I've lost 3.5lbs! BY EATING CARBS!!!!!! :eek::D:D:D
Cannot believe how easy this diet is, although I don't have that many carbs at night as I have a big pasta salad for lunch and I don't want to overdo it. Some days I don't even have syns (extra's you're allowed to have like chocolate) as I don't always fancy them. Never thought I would say that tho lol.
Well, very curious to see how much weight I will have lost on the next weigh in so bring it on! x

:wee: :D

What a great result Mirjam - keep at it lady - you will be at target in no time. Last day tomorrow isn't it? AND only a half day - wooooohooooo! LOLx

Yes, it is Trudy :D. Got lovely flowers and a card from my fellow PA colleagues. Didn't expect it so it was a nice surprise. Can't wait for it to be 12.30 Friday 24 February!

Hubby's coming home today from his offshore trip, the cats will be pleased to see him (and me too of course ;)).
Only 1.5 hours left in this hell hole and then I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :wee::wee:

'A lady from Aberdeen celebrated her freedom today in a most unusual style - the Dutch born PA, turned the centre of Aberdeen into a scene from the red light district of Amsterdam when she streaked naked on her 'sit up and beg' bike through the city! Shocked shoppers could not quite believe what they were seeing! The lady in question told The Sun that she was celebrating freedom from 'the job from hell' and that she had found the experience 'entirely liberating'. Police cautioned her but did not press charges. '

Was this you Mirjam?????! Hee, Hee, hope you are a happy bunny and you have a lovely afternoon and weekend to celebrate. xx

Yep, that was me! : D I was freezing my delicate derrière off lol. Nah, am a bit loco but not that stupid, it's too windy out here today! Cannot believe someone would do that, wud have loved to see it tho, it's quite funny :)

My sister had a 2.5lb loss too after her switch to SW (but I looked at her menus and realised I'd have been starving eating so little, and as portion control is a BIG problem for me, I'll just pinch some of her recipes for now ;))...

In turn, she's benefitting from her short time on Dukan and is lighter handed with the old carbs than she might otherwise have been... (although I understand that the "new SW" puts less emphasis on carbs as previous versions).

Good luck!

I'm quite surprised how much we can eat although I try to not have carbs at night if I've had a big carb lunch. STS this week but was expected as it's the last days of totm. Was glad I didn't have a gain.
sister and niece are arriving in a couple of hours so am looking forward to that. also, have a job interview on Monday with a company 5 minutes from home so hopefully get the job, will save me lots of travel time :)

Back