Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Hi Stacey, its soooo good to hear from you. Welcome back :) Oh dear, sounds like you have been having a rough time. Sorry to hear about your dad but good news that its all okay now. You can relax a bit now. I don't know what to suggest about your course, you were so excited about it, so have a really hard think before you make any rash decisions. I bet you are really good at it and have come so far already. Can you not do the course and travel there from home or change placements? You get yourself all sorted before you add the stress of a diet to the mix, just try to eat healthly and it will fall back into place. Your just going through a rough patch but you will come out the other end soon. Try not be hard on yourself.

I'm 28 weeks now honey, its flew over. Cant believe this time in approx 12 weeks i'll be a mam haha. Talk about a whirlwind life haha. Marriage, baby and now big move all in less than a year!

Great news... Mortgage has been officiolly approved and the house we moving to has no chain so we could be in really soon. I'm so excited. Just all the legal stuff to do now then its sorted.

Also, eventually got some lovley maternity dresses so feeling a bit more glam now which is good haha.

Elm - Good lass, stick at it. How much does a 4 bed house tend to be in America? We have hit on dead lucky with the one we have found. In a few year it will be worth much more as house prices on the way up again following the recession weve been in.

Speak again soon xxx

Hi Stacey, its soooo good to hear from you. Welcome back :) Oh dear, sounds like you have been having a rough time. Sorry to hear about your dad but good news that its all okay now. You can relax a bit now. I don't know what to suggest about your course, you were so excited about it, so have a really hard think before you make any rash decisions. I bet you are really good at it and have come so far already. Can you not do the course and travel there from home or change placements? You get yourself all sorted before you add the stress of a diet to the mix, just try to eat healthly and it will fall back into place. Your just going through a rough patch but you will come out the other end soon. Try not be hard on yourself.

I'm 28 weeks now honey, its flew over. Cant believe this time in approx 12 weeks i'll be a mam haha. Talk about a whirlwind life haha. Marriage, baby and now big move all in less than a year!

Great news... Mortgage has been officiolly approved and the house we moving to has no chain so we could be in really soon. I'm so excited. Just all the legal stuff to do now then its sorted.

Also, eventually got some lovley maternity dresses so feeling a bit more glam now which is good haha.

Elm - Good lass, stick at it. How much does a 4 bed house tend to be in America? We have hit on dead lucky with the one we have found. In a few year it will be worth much more as house prices on the way up again following the recession weve been in.

Speak again soon xxx

Evening girls :)

How is everyone doing?

Kassy - Thank you, it's so nice to be back on this site with all the supportive posts! :) I had thought about going back home and commuting - which isn't an easy feat, travelling over 260miles a day! But it's something I may have to consider for my third year anyway if I am still here by then! Plus I'd miss out on seeing my friends up here outwith uni :/ I am thinking about it everyday though - it's definitely the hardest decision I've had to make and want to make sure I make the right one! I had even thought about taking a year out, that way if it's really not what I want to do then that's fine, but if it is, then I can just take some time out then go back to it after the year is up :) Ah 28 weeks how lovely!!! If you don't mind me asking, how many more midwife appointments do you have? Just I think they work a bit different up here in Scotland, so it's always nice to know how other areas work :)

The course has been going well so far though - I have delivered 15 babies now :) It's a great feeling being there for that moment in a woman's life, and I have come across some characters, but that makes it more fun :)

Great news about the mortgage!! It's all happening for you! :) But why not just get all the big life moments over and done with in one go ;) hehe!

I am pleased to say that I've been doing well for the past few days! Today's food has consisted of cereal for breakfast, a cup of tea (with no sugar!) at break, lunch was a chicken and mixed pepper baguette and fruit, and I have had 1500ml of water so far. I am planning to have a chicken stir fry for dinner - with no noodle or rice - just chicken and lots of veg. I'm not used to eating a stir fry without rice/noodles so hope this will go down well :/ lol

On another positive note we have a half day tomorrow and Wednesday! :) Need to catch up with some uni notes, so that's what my afternoons will consist of.

Anyways, I'm off to do some studying just now - trying hard to be a good student! :) xxx

Hiya gals!

Trying to catch up on all the threads, but I'm so busy at the mo. Holiday was fab, temp got up to 86 degrees, so not too shabby! Regained a lot of weight .... damn you scrummy foods and cocktails! Grrrr !

Good to see you back Stacy! I'm restarting today, upped my water, so hoping to flush the flab off me, lol !

Diva x

Hey girls :)

Had a cheeky wee cheat at lunchtime today - we had a half day from uni and a couple of the girls and I went to pizza hut. We had the buffet - but I am pleased to say I only had one plateful - normally I'd have 2 or 3! And had some salad with it too :) And after adding lunch to my calorie count I haven't gone over, but won't be having a dinner tonight. Will just have a small snack later if I get hungry :)

We had snow lastnight and again this morning!! It's absolutely freezing cold here, so I had to go buy a couple of thick winter jumpers to get me through!!! lol

Anyone else had any snow??

xxx

Hey ladies

Stacey - Wow, that is one huge commute - would you get the train? Maybe a year out would be good, then you can always pick up where you left off. Like I say just seems such a shame to drop it now as seems you really good at iot and enjoy it. Would be great if you could finish and get a job closer to home. Well, I found out I was pregnant at about 7-8 weeks so had a booking in appointment then. Since then I have had my 2 scans and 2 midwife appointments. My next appointment is 6th december then I think it is every 2 weeks until my last month which I think you have an appointment every week but am not 100% sure. To be honest I fel like I have just been left to get on with it but that may feel diffrent once I start these regular appointments. I feel so unpreparied - I know nothing about babies. I just hope my maternal instint kicks in. I have never been around babies. My two best friends have just had babies tho so they will support me and I know my mam will be great. Well done on getting back on diet. That checken and pepper baguette sounds lovley. No dieting for me for a long while yet as am planning on breast feeding.

Diva - pleaseed you had a great holiday. Hope you had a cocktail for me haha. The weight will drop back off in a few weeks so try not to worry - food and coctails is what holiday is all about. I don't believe in dieting whilst on holiday!

We have a kid-free weekend so plan opn making the most of it. At a christening on Sunday so that will be nice.

Hope you all have lovley weekend xxx

Evening girls! Hope you are all having a lovely weekend so far :)

Kassy - I would either get the train or bus up, which is some commute! :/ but I am selling the car now, so I'll just need to get used to buses/trains now!
Wow you seem to have a lot more appointments than the women up here do!! If a woman doesn't require any extra appointments, she would be seen by her midwife around 10 times through her pregnancy! I think all new mums feel like that hun, it's so new when it's happening to you and not a friend/family member! But I am sure you will be fab parents!! And will find your own way of parenting :)

Well it was my first weigh-in today since starting, and I've lost 5lbs!! :) very happy with that! And already halfway to my first mini goal of losing 10lbs :)

xxx

Hi Kassy and gals !!

Hope everyone is alright? Not much to report here, trying to stay back on the healthy eating plan, but my head cold took forever to go, so I am only now back to walking again, and then what with the Thanksgiving four days off, etc.... and then before we look around it'll be Christmas....perhaps aiming for no more weight on would be more achievable before the New Year ??

Diva x

Hey girls!

Diva, I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving :)

Things here at home are difficult at the moment - I honestly wonder what is wrong with people sometimes!!! And even more so when people seem to do a complete 180 personality change!

But on a very positive note, I am going through to Glasgow tomorrow to see Five in concert!!! Not only that, I get to meet them before the concert too!! I'm unbelievably excited about it, even have a photo collage poster made up for them to sign :-D

How are you lovely ladies spending the weekend? xxx

Happy new year!

Hi ladies! Hope all is well!

Man I'm really struggling the past 3 days.

Hope everyone is doing well!

know you can do it
6.jpg

I can't believe it's been so long since so many disappeared.

Wow, it's crazy that it's been this long. I hope all is going well with you, Kassy!

Miss this thread and you ladies 💚

Back