Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Awww, Kassy !! Fantastic news about having a little baby girl !! Yay !!

I haven't been posting much as Mr D had spinal surgery and all my efforts have been looking after him and my healthy eating wobbled a bit. Next W.I is next Monday and I know it'll be bad, lol !!!

Diva x

Hiya gals

Elm - We love the name Meighan.

Diva - Oh no, poor mr D. Hope he is better soon, especially in time for Mexico!!!!

How is everyone else? Were running a bit thin on the ground again haha.

Were off to view a lovley house tonight - amazing views. Keep your fingers crossed we get it and its perfect for us.

Will catch up next week xxx

I like the spelling for the name. Very good choice!

I hope the house hunting goes well.

Congrats in your little girl , kassy. Hope the house hunting goes well.
Have lost 8 pounds up to now. Work busy but trying to stick to plan.
Hope everyone else is ok

Shelski, well done!

Kassy awww a baby girl, lovely name too. How did the house viewing go?

Diva Hope Mr D is recovering well from his op, not long now before your beach holiday in Mexico.

Shelski Well done on the 8lb loss, wish I could lose some but have come up against a brick wall again, mr motivation has gone walkabout!

Elm Hello how you doing.

Busy this week helping my mum move, Monday I did not stop from 8.00am until about 9.30pm hovering cleaning old house as removal men were clearing rooms, then unpacking and getting sorted in the new house, am now busy sorting out the utility bills etc.
Also been looking after a friends 2 dogs for just over 4 weeks, they went home today, but have got my sister in laws dog coming on Sunday for a week.
Have got my run on 27th October need to get back into training for that hurt my leg so had to stop running for couple of weeks.
Then am off on holiday on 4th November Australia can not wait, see my son, step daughter and her husband.

Hope everyone is ok.

Hiya peeps

Shelski - Huge well done to you, thats amazing!!!!

Elm - Thanks, we love the name. Hows you?

Bin - Sounds like you full of busy. Hey, if only you lived closer I would know where to send my cat to be looked after whne we go away hahaha. Bet you cant wait to go to Australia. You going for 2 weeks? You got your mums new house all sorted? Its a huge job moving and sorting everything out.

House viewing went great and they offered it to us. We were suposed to move in on 12th but its had to be put back as the person living there at the mo's new place fell through, but we should be ok to move within the next 2 months. We cant wait. Its so lovley. I can just see us living there for a good few years brining up the baby.

I'm still doing canny, although getting a bit anxious about my rapoidly expending waistline but I need to just keep telling myself i'm pregnant and to sort it out next year. Its hard with my background of weight issues but I'll be fine. Im just terrifiied of not being able to lose the weight again but I supose if I have done it once I can do it again. I am also dead anxious at the mo about how to actually look after a baby - I have never been around babies before - I am hoping my instinct will just kick in.

Hope you are all well and hope you all have a lovley weekend xxx

Hi All !!!

Kassy, you are doing so well, just think about looking after yourself and your precious little load. You've lost the weight before and I know you can do it again. You'll be a happy and healthy Mum for your little one !!

Bin, your trip is getting close too. I loved Australia !!!

Hey, Shelski, well done on the loss, did you fling those pesky pounds my way ??? Lol, what with my recent regain !!!

Have a great weekend gals, the weather is fantastic here still !! Heehee !!

Diva x

Evening Ladies

Kassy Don't worry about the weight, just look after yourself and that little bump. Like you I had never had any thing to do with babies but everything just clicked and as you say instinct kicked in.
The house sounds lovely exciting times for you.
I would gladly look after your cat if I lived nearer, love cats and dogs, my cat was nearly 20 when I had to have her put to sleep, got her at 6 weeks so we had been together a long time.

Diva How is Mr D? Not long now before your holiday, bet you are looking forward to it, how long is the flight from where you are to Mexico?

Sister in law dropped her dog off today and she has just settled straight in, so plenty of walkies:)

Had a good day today, sun has been shining went to football which we won and Mr Bin won £75 on the half time lotto.

Have a good Monday
Bin x

Hiya Gals

Midwife appointment this morning and everything spot on which is fab. I feel great too and can feel the little baby kicking more and more haha. She is kicking right now. Ive gained almost 2st which is more than I should of but its slowed down the last few weeks so hopefully the majority of the gain is over with and I will gain at 1lb a week from now which will be about right. You know whats its like when you come off a diet and start to eat more - you gain repidly, so am not too worried and like everyone says, Ive lost it before and will lose it again.

Bin - Animals become part of the family don't they. I had my two from about 8 weeks, thats why it was soul destroying when I gave stig away. I hope kassy lives till she is 20 haha. Its funny how instinct just kicks in, coz I feel I dont have a clue haha. I know I'll be fine though. What kind of dog does your sister have?

Diva - not long till the holiday. I'm sooo jealous haha. Yeah, how far is it to mexico for you? Takes us 12 hours! Weather here getting much cooler - almost gloves and hat time.

We have just booked a 'babymoon' away - a mini get away before baby comes - to a log cabin weekend and of Novemeber so looking forward to that.

Almso fin work and were off to Toby Carvery for some tea. Its my fave place to eat at the mo. Loving Sunday dinner and can;t get enough of mash potato at the mo hahahaha.

Hope you all have a lovley weekend and will catch up again soon xxx

Hi Gals !

Yep, cannot wait for the Holiday, did some shopping today for some bits and pieces ( toiletries and stuff, not planning on buying new clothes to take, I have enough !! ) and am sorting out what I'm taking already, I'm really organised !!

Glad you are well Kassy ! The Babymoon is such a good idea.

The flight time from here is just four hours to Cancun, nonstop, so fab for Mr D who hates to fly !!! Lol !! Gawd knows how I'll get him to visit Oz in the future !!

Diet wise, I'm chugging along, but come the Hol I'll be relaxing and enjoying it all !!!

Diva x

Hello Girls

Kassy Glad all is going well, lovely feeling when you can feel the baby kicking. What a brilliant idea a babymoon sounds lovely.
Our doggy visitor went home today the house seems so quiet, she is lovely we are having her in Jan/Feb for three weeks.

Diva Bet you cant wait for holiday time to arrive, beach and sun sounds great. I love airports (great for people watching!) and flying, does not matter how long or short the journey is just enjoy everything about it.

Seem to have come to a standstill again on the diet front whatever I do I either STS, gain or lose a 1lb, get so fed up at times just want to reach for those chocolate hob nobs!!

We shall be in Oz 3 weeks today fly on Mon 4th get back 28th, looking forward to seeing my son and step daughter, not quite as organised as you are Diva but am getting bits sorted now. We are out there for 3 weeks.

Hope you all have a good Thursday.

It's so slow around her. Miss you guys! I started running and I enjoy it. Never thought I would be able to do that.

How is everyone doing?

Hiya Elm!

I'm still around....super busy this week and next before we fly off on Friday !! Then I'll be back around the 18th Nov, ready to restart the healthy eating !

Went shopping this morning for a few bits and bobs, and had a marvelous Peppermint Hot Choc, delicious !!! There was big slices of Cheesecake too, but I resisted those !!

Diva x

Hello,

I am still around too.

Hope you have a great holiday Diva, plenty of sun sea and relaxing.

We fly next Monday for our holiday, and are back on 28th, can not believe it has come round so quick.

Did the Great South Run (10 miles) yesterday, finished it in 1hr 55mins, 2 mins slower than last year, everything was fine until we hit the 8 mile mark on the sea front, the head winds were awful reports of 56MPH, the last 2 miles was like hitting a brick wall my little legs were going but I was not moving!!

Elm Glad you are enjoying the running, it gives you a real buzz doesn't it.

Hope all is ok Kassy.

Bin

Alright, one of you have to take me along with you on these vacations you talk about!

Hi girlies

I am still here too, I did come on and post about a week ago but from the looks of it it didn't send. Cant remember what I would have said now either. Grrrrrr. Dont you just hate it when that happens.

So jealous your holidays are coming up. Bet the weather is amazing in both Mexico and Australia. Yous will be basking in sunshine while I layer us as its getting colder and colder here haha.

Everything still fine this end, not alot of gossip tho as don't get to do much - just go to the pics and out for meals haha.

Bump getting bigger by the day - she is having a growth spurt. Its a nightmare getting maternity clothes tho as they so expensive in shops and not alot of choice to be honest. Best choice online but I never know what size to get so its a case of buying them and hoping for the best and sending them back if no good.

I'm trying to embrace my pregnant body and some days I feel fine but other days I feel really low about it - I think its off years of body issues! When I go to social things I feel really fat and ugly and feel inadequate next to everyone else, so I am trying to avoid things at the mo till I feel better or get some nice clothes. We went to a halowwn disco at local club last week and I had to come home - I am sick of wearing jeggings and t-shiry style tops - I just dont feel like me. So i have baught some maternity black tights and dresses in the hope I'll feel a bit more attractive. Fingers crossed they fit.

Eeeeee well rant over from me haha. I feel bad that I feel down about my pregnant body as having a baby is such a blessing, but years of low self esteem and body issues has left me anxious with the fact that am getting big. I'll try not to dwell though and focus on losing after she comes and after breast feeding.

Speak soon guys xxx

Hi Ladies

Think Diva and Bin are on their jollies. Lucky ******* haha. Tell me all when you get back.

As no one kicking about I'll just do a little update - bump is doing great. Getting bigger and bigger. Still stuffing my face haha. Can't beleive I only have 6 more full weeks of work before I go off on maternity leave. I cant imagine not coming to work, its gonna be sooo strange.

Did I mention Mark's sister was looking into getting a mortagge for us? Well she has been told she can have one and we have put an offer on a lush 4 bedroom house. All we waiting for is the paperwork to confirm its all in hand. Then we plan to but the house off her for a cheap rate in a few years time when we can get a mortgage of our own. The house we were going to rent was £500 a month for a 3 bedroom. The mortgage plus the loan for the deposit comes to £550 so its only costing us an extra £50 for a bigger house that will one day be our own! His family help each other out so much. So if the mortgage is down to say £70,000 when we come to buy it, thats the price we'll pay for it. She is doing it as a favour and not to make any profit at all. Lets just hope it is that simple when the time comes to buy it!!!!! Have appointment at solicitos once paperwork through tho so lots of questions to ask them about it. Praying we are moved in before baby comes. Would be nice to be in before Xmas but dont think much chance of that happening.

Is everyone sorted for Xmas. We have almost finished all our shopping. The kids have been spoilt rotten as always haha. Just a few more bits to get my family then all the wrappig up to do.

Hope you all well and speak soon xxx

*crawling back into thread ashamed as hell :'(*

Hi girls! I am so sorry I've been gone for soooooo long!!! Things just kind of got on top of me, and I just wasn't getting the time to come on here :(

I've just been looking through some posts on here, and wow!!!!!

Kassy - huge huge congratulations on your wedding (photos were gorgeous, you looked stunning!!!) and on the pregnancy!!! :) so happy for you Mrs! How many weeks are you now?

Everyone else, how are you all doing?

Will give you a little update on me! I'm now in my second year of midwifery! Last year was mostly great! Then I ended up having a fall out with two girls I lived with in student halls, who also happened to be my classmates - and they choose to completely ignore me now which has made things very awkward :/ I then got a new flat with my closest friend from class in June this year. Everything was going great, but then she stopped going into uni and placement. I ended up back at home for 5 weeks signed off because of back pain, and the day I got back, she told me she was moving out and was leaving the course. So we haven't really spoken, and I have a new flatmate who moved in last weekend. At the moment I am seriously considering moving back home - as wonderful a job as midwifery is, I'm just not sure if my heart is in it anymore. It's heartbreaking and is the hardest decision I've had to make! Went through a hard few months recently too as my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. But he had an operation a couple of weeks ago to remove the prostate and there is no sign of the cancer now :) I'm in tears most days because of everything :'( and I was comfort eating a lot - I came home for the weekend yesterday, and weighed myself today and I am very very ashamed to say my current weight is 14st 10lbs! I just can't believe I've got to this weight and feel disgusted with myself :'( so I've decided to go on a low-carb diet.

Anyhoo that's my update!!

I hope you don't mind me coming back to join the thread? And I will be making this a regular thing because I really need the support at the moment :(

xxxx

Wow houses over there so cheap. Well compared to the US they are lol. Congrats again!

I'm doing well. I'm still running and now adding yoga too.

Back