Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Miss_Kassy said:
Hi all

Oooooh, not long till lunch time and am staaaaaaarvvinnnnng. Do I opt for beans on toast again today or some soup? hmmmmmm decisions decisions.

I was quite good yesterday. Consumed around 1500 cals (and tht included a sneaky wham bar, some space raider crisps and a tiny bit ice cream) so am happy but I still havnt got back to the gym. Wont get back tonight either as I have to go shopping, go for a dreaded smear then make tea. I'm making the Adonis and I a Thai green curry with rice and vedge (just sauce out of a jar though haha).

Bella - Oooooooh, what have you got planned for us? You always have great ideas. Party soundes amazing and I too cant wait o see piccies. I bet you dnt look fat so stop putting yourself down. Shame your freind coudlnt handle the pace but it was nice of you to look after her.

Bin - I defo defo defo think you should do the run next year. Start training nw once a week like me and we can egg each other on. Not only will it get us fir and help us lose a few pound, but its such a physical test too to see if we can do it. Plus the mney you can raise for charity makes you feel great. I watched X factor on Sunday on repeat. I knew Sohie would go but Frankie should have defo gone before her. He is a cheeky chappy though and thats why people like him. I am really liking (do I dare say it.............) ..... Kitty!!!! She's a bit odd but works so hard and her ideas agre great and she is mega entertaining and can really sing!. I also love Craig and Marcus Collins and Little Mix (as they are now called). Who is your fave?

Infact - everyone - who do you all want to win Xfactor - I love hearing comments hehe.

Flutterby - How are you today? Are you feeing a bit more positive? Try not to think of yourself as being on a diet as that can set of binges. The body always wants what you cant have. Allow yourself little treats every other day. But try not to go OTT. Saviour each mouthfull of each meal. Eat slowly. Make new healthy recepies. It all helps.

Stacey - Awwww hun, sorry to hear you not well. Make sure you have a few days in bed so you dont make yourself worse. Get plenty fluids and some vitiman c down ya neck. Hope you ok soon.

Well, back to work for me but speak soon xxxx

Hey Miss Kassy! Bluck a smear... Had to have myself a colposcopy last monday and it was horrid. What made it worse was I had two student docs in the room, so the main guy kept inviting them over to 'take a look'!!! Oh the things we have to put up with as women.

Feeling a little better today, more positive. Had a baguette for lunch which has filled me right up but my mind is on cake. Was just saying on one of the other threads... Think I'm scared to let the bingeing go. Like its a part of me, and I can't let myself be free from it. OTT is EXACTLY where I've been going... And everyday I tell myself that I will start being good 'tomorrow'.

We shall see eh?

And x factor... Unsure this year. I defo agree Kitty can sing, and her madness makes me smile! Other than her, they're all a bit meh really. Johnny is another one... Love his face!!

Hope you're days going ok lovely lady, gonna try and do some work before my lecture at 4pm, then it's back home and applying for jobs!xx

Hello gals ! I have missed chatting with you !! I haven't disappeared again Miss Kassy !! Hehe !! I had my minor surgery at the weekend so am now on bedrest and recovery for a couple of weeks! Lots of drugs !! Yay ! To take away the pain, but they give me the munchies!! Also, one of the medicines, gives me serious bloat, so I'm scared to jump, well hobble to the scales to see the damage.....or I may fall straight into the fridge and not resurface until it's empty! Eeeeek !
Also, there will be damage I know, as I'm not cooking for a week and Mr D, gawd love him , cannot cook and is the take away king, so it's pizza, chinese, indian etc !! Already, I can feel my slightly ( ever so slightly) deflated fat cells eagerly reflating with relief and the promise of junky food!! Down boys !! Haha!

So I'm not weighing in for a couple of weeks .... Will face the music after that :cry:

Also bedrest sucks !! :mad:

Diva x

Hi Viva, hope you're ok and get well soon! Don't fret over the diet while you're recovering, the important thing is that you get better.

Ok, so I thought it's time I let you into my plan! lol 8 weeks today I will be high in the sky on route to South Africa (which will also mean xmas day will have come and gone!) and I need to start getting serious now, and serious it is. I've decided to set myself a 7 week challenge which takes me up to 20th December and my mission is to lose 21lbs! I know that seems like an awful lot to do in such a short space of time, but when I'm focused I know I can do it. I have to be serious now and that I shall be. I'll be doing mainly healthy eating but combining it with Slimming World again.

So, I started today and I will keep you updated on a weekly basis on my weight loss and for every 1lb I lose, I will put £1 into a pot and for every 1lb I gain, I will put £2 into a pot. Hopefully I won't have more than £21 at the end of it, but I thought I would use that money to buy a nice treat at the airport (and by treat I mean non food related!)

I will also be sharing my food diary on here (if you don't mind) and my plan is to exercise 5 times a week, whether it be at the gym, walking or doing my exercise DVD. I am also going to include a 20 minute walk 3 times a week in my lunch hour to help boost the weight loss. It will also get me out of the office and away from my PC and phone for a bit too.

If anyone else wants to join in with me, feel free, because it is free!

So as promised, my food diary today has been:

Breakfast:
Toasted multigrain roll with low fat clover and marmite
Large glass of sugar free cranberry juice and water

Mid morning:
Cup of coffee with semi-skimmed milk and 2 sweetners

Lunch:
Tuna Pasta Salad
Clemintine and Apple
Green Tea

Mid Afternoon:
2 Organic Oat Biscuits

Dinner:
Omelete made with mushrooms, ham and cheese and a sprinkle of Worcestershire Sauce.
**I've also drank about 4 large glasses of water/juice throughout the day too**

Let me know what you all think - good and bad!

Love Bells xx

Hi Girls

Hope ypu'r having a good day. So far so good on day 2 of my challenge.

Breakfast was Fruit and yogurt and glass of Cranberry juice and water followed by a green tea when I got to work.
Mid morning was coffee with semi skimmed milk and sweetner
Lunch: Mixed green salad with chicken and low fat coleslaw and a multigrain roll.
Haven't decided on dinner yet, but night do savory rice and grilled chicken.
Will be doing my 30 day shred DVD tonight too.
Speak later xxx

Morning Gals

Bella - Go you!!!! Its great you are keeping a full diery on here. When I really stuck to doing that a the start I hardly ever fell off the wagon. It realy does help. And you are flying alreday. You really are making great choices and I think if you stick to that you can defo los the 21lbs. Got me fingeres crossed for you. I still need to get back to they gym but it looks like it will be next week now.

Diva - Eyop you. What minor surgery did you have to have? How you feeling? Yes, take wor Bella's advice and just concerntrate on getting better. The body can crave sweet things and carbs when its out of fettle anyway, so just look after yourself and enjoy the few weeks of takeaways. You lucky sod! Not so luck with the bed rest though - poop! Get some good books and DVD's to pass the time.

Flutterby - Pleased you feeling more positive. I know what you mean about still wanting something more though. I'm the same at the min. But you will get there. Its hard this time of year though isnt it. Dieting in spring and summer in much easier. Just remain as focused as you can and not let things escalate.

Well, Ive still been iffy. Still havnt rejoined that blasterd gym and still not being 100%. I was canny dietwise Monday, but yesterday had around 2000 calories and have been so so again so far today but a having meatballs and pasta and garlic bread for tea then I know I'll have sweets. I dont know where my focused head has gone. Its fell off somewhere and I cant find it. Plus I know I will overeat this weekend as the Adonis is away so I will be comforteating and I am dying for a Big Tastey from Maccy D's hahahaha. Bella - I wish I had your motivation.

I am going to try not go OTT over the next few days and try and really get back into gear MOnday. God, I have been saying that for the last 3 weeks haha. But when your minds not in it its to hard. As long as I dont do too much damage, even STS, that will be okay until I get back on track. By chances of being 11st for Xmas though are getting slimmer and slimmer (unlike me) but hey ho. I'm not gonna get myself all stressy!

Hope the rest of you are okay and well done again Bella. We all need to take a leaf out of your book. YOU CAN DO THIS GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!

xxx

Afternoon everyone.

Bella I am with you I really need motivation so this is just the sort of challenge I need, dont think I will manage 21lbs but 14lbs would be great:)
That would be £14 to put towards a treat I think mine would be perfume.I enjoy reading peoples food diaries as it gives me meal ideas. We are having slimming world chicken chow mein tonight yummy.
That food cravings article was interesting reading, my main ones are chocolate and Hob Nob biscuits:D

Hi Diva hope everything is ok, as Bella says dont worry about the diet getting better is far more important. You will soon be back on your feet making all those lovely cup cakes:)

Flutterby glad you are feeling better and more positive:), I tend to save a treat to eat in the evening as that is the time I raid the cupboards, but if I know I have got that curly wurly or something I tend to snack on fruit. How is the job hunting going are you looking for any thing in particular?

Kassy when is the North Run I am still very tempted to sign up for the South Run 2012, have you decided which charity you will be running for? Hope you are well.:)

Stacy how are you? feeling better I hope:)

Day off today but had to wait in for wardrobes and drawers to be delivered, have been waiting for almost 10 weeks (then they messed up the order the drawers are to small for bottom of wardrobe!). It is going to be a novelty to actually be able to hang our clothes up instead of having them lying all over spare bedroom!

Went to footie last night we were lucky to win, but win we did so still top of the league, carry on like this and we may get promoted to Premiership next season:D

Have a good evening take care xx

Hello all!! Feeling a bit better today - actually got dressed and went out for a are while today - first since Saturday!!

I have college again tonight, so will try and do a bigger catch up post later tonight when I'm back!

Hope you're all having a good day! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Everyone:)

Glad you are feeling better Stacy:) and its good that you got out for a bit yesterday as I am sure the fresh air did you some good. How did college go?

Flutterby do you go to the slimming world classes to be weighed? Don't be scared as everyone is there to help and encourage. Do you do a food diary as that may help what about putting it on here like Bella does. Let us know how you get on and remember positive thoughts, keep smiling :):)

Well our chicken chow mein was lovely but I went to fridge later on and saw the bean sprouts still in packet doh!!!!so geuss what we are having tonight a meal based on a pork chow mein!!! My sons would say it was down to my age:D

Day off today so am going over to sit with my Dad while Mum goes out. The Macmillen nurses are involved now which gives Mum a bit more respite. Dad still gets very confused at times, he still does not understand what is wrong with him, but not in any pain which is such a comfort.

Hi everyone else have a good day speak soon. :) xx

Last edited:
Yeah feeling better now after getting out the house yesterday and today! College was good lastnight, passed my mock writing assessment, which was good! Got a mock listening assessment next week, the writing assessment the week after and it's actually going to be pretty constant assessments for the next few weeks!

Hope you have all had a good day today? xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Afternoon Dudettes and happy friday :eek:)

Well, Not the most happiest of Fridays for me as I have gained another pound and the Adonis is of to Blackpool with the lads for 2 nights and I'll miss him lodas. But on the upside, am gonna have the house all to myself and am gonna have a good clean (or atleast I plan to) and have some quality me time. I quite like my own company and I can relax, put what I want on TV and chill with my cats and a bottle of wine and a takeaway. Am off to my friends tonight too for a good girly catch up.

Bin - I think the GNR is in September next year. So gives me plenty time to train. The sports bra I ordered off ebay just come today so I hope it fits. I think I will choose a charity to do with animals as I love them but am not sure yet. You will have to give me the recepi for SW stir fys. I love em. Hows your dad?

Flutterby - How did the weigh in go? Dont get disheartened, even if you have gained. Just draw a line under it and change things round before the scales can move up anymore and make you feel worse. If you are anything like me, the worse you feel, the more you eat. Its a vicious circle.

Stacey - Pleased you better. Sounds like you have a lot on at College. Any new jobs i the pipeline yet?

Well all, I have still been crap on my diet but starting fresh monday defo defo defo defo. Hahahaha, how many times do we say that. But I mean it. I have gained another 1lb taking me up to 11st 12lb. I am going to eat everything in sight this weekend and enjoy then its back to the hard working dedicated Kassy we know and love haha. I have seem some lush dresses on line I want for over Xmas so thats my thinsperation. Plus, the Adonisis getting back into healthy mode next week too so we can help each other.

What is everyone doing this weekend then?

Speak to you all monday xxxxxxxxx

ooh, just realised I stayed the same this week. I was 11st 12lb last week. I was thinking I was 11st 11lb. Thats a bonus. xxx

Miss_Kassy said:
Afternoon Dudettes and happy friday :eek:)

Well, Not the most happiest of Fridays for me as I have gained another pound and the Adonis is of to Blackpool with the lads for 2 nights and I'll miss him lodas. But on the upside, am gonna have the house all to myself and am gonna have a good clean (or atleast I plan to) and have some quality me time. I quite like my own company and I can relax, put what I want on TV and chill with my cats and a bottle of wine and a takeaway. Am off to my friends tonight too for a good girly catch up.

Bin - I think the GNR is in September next year. So gives me plenty time to train. The sports bra I ordered off ebay just come today so I hope it fits. I think I will choose a charity to do with animals as I love them but am not sure yet. You will have to give me the recepi for SW stir fys. I love em. Hows your dad?

Flutterby - How did the weigh in go? Dont get disheartened, even if you have gained. Just draw a line under it and change things round before the scales can move up anymore and make you feel worse. If you are anything like me, the worse you feel, the more you eat. Its a vicious circle.

Stacey - Pleased you better. Sounds like you have a lot on at College. Any new jobs i the pipeline yet?

Well all, I have still been crap on my diet but starting fresh monday defo defo defo defo. Hahahaha, how many times do we say that. But I mean it. I have gained another 1lb taking me up to 11st 12lb. I am going to eat everything in sight this weekend and enjoy then its back to the hard working dedicated Kassy we know and love haha. I have seem some lush dresses on line I want for over Xmas so thats my thinsperation. Plus, the Adonisis getting back into healthy mode next week too so we can help each other.

What is everyone doing this weekend then?

Speak to you all monday xxxxxxxxx

Ooh, girly catch up always good! Congrats on staying the same... I gained 1lb unfortunately. Was gutted, but have found today that I don't actually have much of an appetite at all. Will see how it goes.

Have a good weekend, gonna get myself ready to have a nice afternoon/evening with the bf, enjoy some me time for sure!! Big hugs xx

Afternoon ladies - I'm currently at work on my own again! My boss has gotten into the habit of leaving work early and leaving me in the shop :( Also, was told to read a letter that the big boss sent us through basically talking about how business is not doing well at the moment and that cost-cutting measures will have to be taken - so a possibility of redundancies!! :cry: And of course, if he decides to cut staff here, it'll be me cos there's only two of us here!! I'm not a happy bunny cos my boss didn't seem bothered by the letter at all! So I really have to start looking for something else ASAP! I do not want to end up on Jobseekers again :(

Anyhoo, enough of that depressing information!

I'm with you Kassy - we should both agree to really stick to changing our diets back on Monday. I have been shocking with what I have been eating this past week and it's just no good!!! We have to do this!

Hello to everyone else - I hope your Friday is going well!! :) xxx

I've missed you! I'm back after 6 or so months and I'm back to day 1.

Hi girls

Sorry I haven't been around much. I've been struck with a nasty cold so feeling very sorry for myself! Have spent all weekend resting and am starting to feel a bit better now, but it's hit me quite bad. Haven't had any energy, not sleeping properly and have been an emotional wreck. Just what I needed after I geared myself up for my new challenge, ay! Anyway, I've stuck to the healthy eating as much as I can, but probably haven't been as good as I should be. Weigh in is on Tuesday so I'll let you know how I get on. Haven't lost my focus though which I'm pleased about. Infact I've just been planning my meals for the week so looking forward to getting back into it.

Welcome Elm - hope you're getting back into the diet and enjoying it. Stacy - sorry to hear about your job, hope you're ok.
Flutterby - don't worry about the gain - you can easilly lose that.
Bin - how are you? Hope you're ok.
Kassy - are you all geared up to start afresh on Monday? Hope so girlie!

Hi to everyone else!

Bella xx

Hiya Girls

Yey - Elm is back. Its about bloody time missy hahaha. Missed you. Lets spur each other on.

Well, it was a bad idea me saying I would start today as its the Adonis's 30th birthday today so we are treating us to a Macct D's for tea so we dnt have to cook. Plus I dont wanna go to the gym when its his birthday - wanna stop in and snuggle and watch films. So with the Maddy D's in mind I thought there is little point being good today so I have had a tuna mayo sarni for lunch and some crisps and I'll eat loads of chocky tonight too probally. Then tomorow night we have got his kids so we are having cake and a little teaparty to celebrate his birthday again. Hopefully I can get back into it Wednesday as I am starting to feel very anxious and dont want to get big again. Funny how the anxiety till dosent stop m from filling my face!!!

Have you all had a nice weekend? Mine was quiet. Just had lots of food and drink and got the house nice and tidy.

Stacey - I hope they give you plenty warning if you are going to me bade redundant. Will you get any kind of a payout?

Bella - Hope you are feeling better. Good that you have stayed pretty focused. Proud of you.

Flutterby - How are you my dear?

Hope everyone else is fab.

I better go back and do some work for now. Roll on Wednesday. I hope I can get back into the swing of some healthy eating as I hate feeling like this xxx

Hi miss k x
Am sure you ll get back in the swing of things there is always something isn't there ?
Don't know why things have clicked but I'm only .7% off being in the overweight bmi range as opposed to morbidly obese that I started at x
So we can all encourage each other x x and you do look fantastic in your photos !
Hi to everyone else x x

Oh Kassy, I feel your annoyance at delaying your restart !! Looks like I have another 10 days on my medications, aka, the swell your belly and make you ravenous tablets !!!! Grrrrr !!! I'm going to be as big as a house by then !!!! Eeeeeeekkkkk !!!! Mr D is my big shining star, really looking after me and spoiling me with my favourite chocs and treats !!!! I am going to hit my diet hard and fast to get anything off by Christmas !!! Scared to check my weight at the mo..... My scales are in our bathroom mocking meeee !!!

Naughty, choccy guzzling Diva x

Hi ladies, been very off track lately...

Don't actually know if I'll bother to say that I will start 'being good' tomorrow because I probably won't!

Miss Kassy, hope the bay celebrations have gone well. Enjoy them, don't think about the food

Bella thanks about the gain. It didn't affect me as much as I thought it would.

Stacey, how's the job situation??

Off to my sisters tomorrow, going down with my bf to stay with her and her husband for a couple days which should be nice. No chance of a diet there!! Won't lie, am getting anxious about the weight situation, but the anxiety makes me scoff down even more. Just crazy.

Hope all you ladies are well, hugs to you all x

Back