Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Please can someone throw mister willpower my way I really need him :-(. Or even if u see my wagon push it back towards me I have fallen so far off it the last two weeks I can't even see it :-( raging

I'm feeling a bit more motivated reading the posts so thanks for that x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello everyone,

I have just registered to do Walk the Wight in May a 26.5 mile walk across the hills from one end of the Island to the other. This will be the 5th year I have done it so I shall have to get out my walking boots dust them off and start training!!:D

I have also signed up to do the BUPA 10k Great South Run in October. Have never done any serious running but I thought this would give me a kick up the backside to actually get on the old treadmill!!
I am either mad or having a late mid life crisis:)

Better turn my laptop off before I find my self entering something like the London Marathon!!:eek:

Hope you have all had a good day, finished taking down the decorations today feels as though Christmas was ages ago now.

Take care xxxx

Happy New Year Girlies. Yes, this year will be our year (not that I can complain about lst year like as it was a goo un for me) but I am greedy and want another great year and I want to shift the rest of my weight and hit that 10st goal for Summer!

Hope you all had a fabulous Xmas. Did Santa bring you all everything you wanted?

I aint been on the sacles since about 5 days ago and at that point I was up to 11.11 (so a gain of 4lb) so am guessing am up to about 12st now. I aint getting on the scales for a few week though until I am back ino the swing of my diet as dont want to put myeslf out. Like Bin, I too have loads of junk to finish so am giving myself until Monday then its a new start for me.

So much going on this year - Our engagement party in Feb, Best freinds Henn doo in Benidorm and her wedding in March, Tunisia in April and Turkey i September so I want to look great for it all.

HERES TO MONDAY!!!! Who is with me ladies?

I am setting my first goal of 11st for 1st March as thats when all us girls go to benidorm (so 8 weeks today but I aint ready to start today by a long shot haha).

Then my second goal of 10 1/2 st to reach by Tunisia which is 26th April. Then it'll be all about getting down to between 9 1/2 st and 10st for Turey in Sept and MAINTAINING my life away hehe.

We were wanting to get married inbetween Xmas and New Year this year but I dont think a year is enough to plan a wedding and we have so much other stuff to pay for so I think it'll now be August 2013 or even Winter 2013. Will keep you posted though.

Just a quicky on here coz soooo much work to do but I'll be back on Monday for a proper catch up and keep you posted on my new diet!

Love you all and speak soon xxx

Happy New Year Girlies. Yes, this year will be our year (not that I can complain about lst year like as it was a goo un for me) but I am greedy and want another great year and I want to shift the rest of my weight and hit that 10st goal for Summer!

Hope you all had a fabulous Xmas. Did Santa bring you all everything you wanted?

I aint been on the sacles since about 5 days ago and at that point I was up to 11.11 (so a gain of 4lb) so am guessing am up to about 12st now. I aint getting on the scales for a few week though until I am back ino the swing of my diet as dont want to put myeslf out. Like Bin, I too have loads of junk to finish so am giving myself until Monday then its a new start for me.

So much going on this year - Our engagement party in Feb, Best freinds Henn doo in Benidorm and her wedding in March, Tunisia in April and Turkey i September so I want to look great for it all.

HERES TO MONDAY!!!! Who is with me ladies?

I am setting my first goal of 11st for 1st March as thats when all us girls go to benidorm (so 8 weeks today but I aint ready to start today by a long shot haha).

Then my second goal of 10 1/2 st to reach by Tunisia which is 26th April. Then it'll be all about getting down to between 9 1/2 st and 10st for Turey in Sept and MAINTAINING my life away hehe.

We were wanting to get married inbetween Xmas and New Year this year but I dont think a year is enough to plan a wedding and we have so much other stuff to pay for so I think it'll now be August 2013 or even Winter 2013. Will keep you posted though.

Just a quicky on here coz soooo much work to do but I'll be back on Monday for a proper catch up and keep you posted on my new diet!

Love you all and speak soon xxx

Afternoon ladies!!

Bin, wowee get you with all those races you've entered! I think I am going to sign up for the Race for Life again this year. I did it 2 years in a row a while back, but haven't been able to get to the last 2 - that's in June though.

Miss K - welcome back :D Had a lovely Christmas thank you, and yes Santa did bring me everything I wanted :) How about you?

And it's my birthday next Saturday too! My friends and I are trying to arrange a night out, because I haven't been out for my birthday in years!!!

Your goals sound very reasonable. I think I'm going to set myself monthly goals. So I want to lose 5lbs by the end of January. I've been good all week (apart from a surprise chinese from mum lastnight!), using a smaller dinner plate to cut down portion sizes and drinking more water and trying to eat more fruit and veg.

Planning a wedding is sooooo exciting!! Hard work, but definitely exciting - wait until you start going dress shopping! :D lol Look forward to hearing more about your plans :)

xxx

Morning Ladies,

Woke up at 3.00am and have not been able to go back to sleep so drinking gallons of tea while watching The Jeremy Kyle Show, and repeats of 1980s quiz shows!!:eek: I hate it when you wake up and your mind is full of different things and you can not shut off. Got a bit going on at the mo won't bore you all with it but I am getting fed up of being up half the night:(

Wow Kassy you have got a lot to look forward to in 2012 and a wedding to plan really exciting looking forward to hearing all about it from venue to colour scheme etc. :)
I am with you for starting on Monday, I still have not ventured onto the scales but am trying to be good although still a small amount of Christmas goodies to finish. I am thinking of going back to slimming world as I really need the motivation of being weighed each week, couple of my friends want to go so will probably go together.

Stacy if you sign up for race for life we can support each other with the training.
The walk I do raises money for our local hospice, my son normally does it with me Mr Bin did it one year and said never again!! I am still deciding which charity to run for in Oct.
Hope you and your friends manage to organise something really special for your Bday on 14th.

Shall have another cup of tea before I wake son up for work, I really do not feel like work today roll on Sunday.

Take care and all have a good Friday :) xx

Hi all

Stacey - Ooooh, birthday irl soon. how old will you be? (or is that cheeky? hehe). You should defo go out, especially as you aint been out on ya birthday for a long time.

Bin - I bet you tierd today. that was an early wake up. I hope you are okay. You know we are all here to talk to if you ever need to get anything off your chest. I'll defo keep you posted on all the wedding stuff. Have looked at loads of venues on line toay so next task is visiting them and seeing how much they costs and coming up with a guest list so we know how many people we are inviting. I'll have to pot pics up of thyings as and wen I book/get them hehe.

Ive ate so much junk the last few days (well, the last 2 weeks really) so am starting to feel sluggish but am gonna enjoy the weekend and make the most of it coz MONDAY here I come and back to gym too.

Hope toy all have a fab weekend. Are you up to much? We have the kids tonight and tomorow day (although I am poppibg to my best mates tonight for a chin wag) then we'll probs look at venues on Sunday. Yey :eek:)

Speak on Monday gitrls and we'll kick this diet right off!!!!! We can do it...... AGAIN hehe xxx

Thanks bin :) yeah that would be good! I will let you know if/when I sign up :)

Kassy, not rude at all - I'll be 25 :( boo to that!!! I think we're doing cocktails and then some dancing for my night out next week and really looking forward to it :)

I was very good tonight! We went to the cinema, and I bad no popcorn!! Just a drink :) was quite pleased with myself!

Lets kick ourselves into shape ladies!! :) we can do this! xxx

Evening Ladies,

So glad tomorrow is Sunday no work, today seemed so long although we were busy.

Stacey cocktails and dancing sounds like a good plan:) Gosh 25 that makes me feel old, my eldest son will be 26 in March.What ever you plan to do I am sure you will have a great time.
What did you see at the cinema and well done keeping away from the popcorn:D

Kassy thanks yes am okay just things get on top of me at times with my dad, he is going downhill very quickly can not stand on his own now, can not walk, just very sad to see him needing help with everything and having very little quality of life. Being an only child I have always been very close to my Dad and the thought that he will never get better hurts. Thinking he is in no pain and does not know what is going on does help a bit.
Please keep us updated with all your wedding plans it is so exciting:) looking forward to hearing all about the venues you look at, do you know what sort of venue you want or are you open minded at the mo?

Am all ready for a start to a new thinner me on Monday, am going back to slimming world on Thursday, I have got to lose weight as I feel uncomfortable all my clothes are tight. Feel really yuk although Mr Bin says I look lovely and what I see in mirror is not what other people see, but I can not believe him.

Gosh I have rambled on a bit sorry. Are any of you watching The Biggest loser?

I hope you all have a good Sunday.
Take care xxx

Stacey...25...you are a baby.... makes me feel geriatric !!! Haha !!! Think I may have to change my name to Dodgery Old Diva, as you are all such youngsters !!! Though Cocktails and dancing sounds good !!! Not quite ready for a zimmerframe yet !!!

Diva x

aww thanks girls :) I think it's just more the fact that I'll be closer to 30 than 20! :eek:

But yes, I think an evening of cocktails is definitely going to be the choice for us! lol

Bin - I went to see Sherlock Holmes 2 - it was good, but I think the first story was better. I can't complain though, as Robert Downey Jr was looking as fine as ever :D He's my older man crush for sure (along with Jeremt Renner, Sam Worthington....lol)

I'm also ready to get started with my exercise next week, from tomorrow!

We were out for a meal tonight for my gran & papa's golden wedding anniversary, and I am stuffed to say the least!! I had garlic bread to start - they brought 3 big slices!! I had 1 1/2 and gave the rest away! lol Then I had fish and chips for my main - but again the portion was massive, so I didn't eat it all either! And I stuck to drinking diet coke instead of water. But apart from dinner, I had only eaten a bowl of cereal this morning and didn't have anything for lunch!

Anyhoo, it's my weigh-in tomorrow - not quite sure how it's going to go at all! I've done well to cut out a lot of junk this week, so I'm hoping that at least will be reflected! xxx

Hello,:)

Stacy sounds as though you had a lovely time with your Gran and Papa to celebrate their 50th wedding. The meal sounds nice mmmmm garlic bread love it!!
I have not seen either of the Sherlock Holmes films.
Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow let us know how you do:)

Diva I am with you feeling like a geriatric amongst all these youngsters!!
Maybe we should both get our zimmers out, could be Dodgery old Diva and Old Biddy Bin hehehe:D
Where do you live in America have only been to New York and Conneticut loved it.

Am weighing in tomorrow dreading it but have to do it see what damage was done over the last month:(

Have a good Monday everyone xx

Morning gals and grannies (hehehehehe, just kidding, just joining in with the zimmer frame jokes. Hope I aint caused any offence hehe)

Hav yous all had a nice weekend then?

Bin - You are doing a bloody fantastic job with your dad and its bound to get you down but you are coping so well. I bet they are proud as punch to have a daughter like you. Try keep taking comfort in the fact that like you say, he isnt in any pain and he's lucky to have you and your mum really looking after him. Have you been to any football latley? Did you enjoy your day off on Sunday? Yeah, am watching Biggest Loser. I cant believe that guy lost just over 2st in his first week. Thats unreal isnt it! He has a long way to go mind but thts one hell of a start i'd say. Mind you, they do work out for about 8 hours a day. It must be very hard work. Have you started training for your walk?

Stacey - That sounds like an ideal birthday to me. I wish I was still 25. Those were probally the best days of my life although i'd say I'm alot more grounded now and grown up but your 20's is for learning about life, drinking lots ad making mistakes and learning by them haha. That meal sounded lush. Its nice you all got togeather to celebrate. You must be quite a close family? Robert Downey Jnr was in a film I watched last night - Zodiac. Have you seen it? Its qite good but on for a long time. Good luck with your weigh in.

Does anyone know if Bella is back from her trip? I cant rememer when she said she was coming back.

Diva - Have you been up to much at the weekend. Whats the weather doing where you are at the mo? You back on the wagon yet? I am going full throttle again as from today so hop on my wagon with me and ride this bugger to slimville hehe.

Wedding Update: (prepare yourselves for these quite often hehe) - we are now thinking about going abroud summer 2013 to get wed. Its summit I have always fancied anyway and to be honest, planning a wedding over here seems so stressful you have to think about everything from flowers to seating arrangements but if you do it abroad its all included and they do everything for you so as long as the Adonis's ex lets the kids come. It works out load cheper too and you are guarenteed nice weather. I can just see myeslef in a plain grecian dress with no shoes on getting wed on the beach or on a cliffe top :) . Think we'll pop into travel agents next weekend so get more ideas.

Ive had a pretty quiet weekend. Lots of food and drink but just while chilling in the house. But for some reason I was mega ill yesterday and I didnt even drink that much on Sat night. I had about 5 pints of cider and 2 glasses of wine (which i nothing compared to what I normally drink) and I was in bed ill all day yesterday and kept throwing up. Felt like I;d been out partying all night. Wierd! So am still a little fragile today.

We going to book our engagement party tonight. So excited.

Have a great Monday everyone and I'll speak to you tomorow to let you know how day 1 of the diet has gone. Wont be at gym till tomorow though as lots to do tonight xxxxx

Morning ladies!

Kassy, the meal was lovely - we are a very close family :) and I haven't seen that film with RDJr in it, but will have a wee look for it :)

Wedding plans are sounding fab!! How lovely to be on a gorgeous beach on a hot day!

Bin, good luck with your weigh in today!

I'm happy to say I've lost 3lbs this week, which takes me back to near enough what I was just before Christmas :) and I didn't really do any exercise last week! So, I'm adding exercise in this week and I really hope it will make all the difference.

Not in work until tomorrow, so enjoying today to relax :) have a good Monday everyone! xxx

Hi gals !!! Survived the weekend !!! Did not eat the fridge !!! Hehe !!! RESULT !!!
Lost 3 lbs.... Woop woop !!! Back down to 217..... Still aiming to get to 210 before Feb !!!
Miss K..... Go abroad and marry... Mr D and I plan to have a Beach type blessing, as it has always been my dream to have one !!! So romantic.... The packages available these days are amazing, and what girl is going to say no to having it all done for you, like having your own Wedding Planner !! All you have to do is turn up looking gawjus !!! Simples !!! Hehe !!!
Bin59.... I live near Philadelphia in PA.... I LOVE living here !!! ( I am a Brit !! ) Though I spent a few Summers as a child on the IOW !!! It's a small World isn't it ????
Stacy87.... Well done on the loss !!! Though now I am drooling for a nice big chunk of Garlic Bread !!! Mmmm !!! I love the stuff !!!!

This week I plan to do my 20 miles walking and as we are still snow free I am able to trot outside.... Yay !!
I have a posh party to go to at the end of Feb, so added incentive to wear a pretty frock, and to be a stone lighter hopefully !! Also, planning a trip to NY.... And a little beach holiday, which requires less of me, as I plan to be rocking little Summer dresses and not the beached whale look !!! Hehe !!

Happy Monday !!! And Miss K ..... Hope your first day back on the diet goes well !!!

Diva x

Evening ladies! How is everyone doing?

Viva - oooh a posh party? Very nice!! Do you have a dress for it, or have a dress in mind? And I am sure you couldn't look like a beached whale!

I have had a mountain of a headache today :( Almost migraine! But it goes away the minute I come home from work - I think the shop (or my boss!) is starting to stress me out!

And I was pretty annoyed at my best friend today. I told her where I wanted to go for my birthday night out on Saturday, and she said she would look into it, and research better options! I've since told her that I want to go to a certain place. After all, it is MY birthday! My other friend has told me to be selfish for once! My best friend has a habit of changing whatever I've chosen!

Anyhoo, just a quick update for tonight, as I've got a few things to do.

Have a good night ladies, and I will talk to you all soon xxx

Hiya Girls

Well, up to day 3 on me diet and so far so good. Mon I had 1240 cals and yesterday I had 1250 cals and also got my butt bak to the gym and burned 400 in there. Hope I can keep it up. Todays menu will result in 1150 cals so hope I can stick to it. If I keep this up I'll be back on my losing (or should I say winning streak) hehe.

Engagement party now booked. 18th Feb so want to lose ATLEAST half a stone by then. I got a stunning hot pink dress over Xmas but havnt wore it yet due to weight gain so want to fit into that or my electric blue one which I STILL havnt worn haha.

Diva - Well done on the loss, you heading in the right direction. I defo think you can lose 7lb for your posh doo. What is it for? You getting a new outfit or aything? We are totally leaning towards the option of going abroad. Will get some proces after engagement party. Just hope The Adonis's ex will let the kids come coz if not we will have to wed over here so they can come. She can be a bit of a cow at times. You stared ya walking? 20 miles is loads. You go girl!!

Stacey - Yu still at the little shop then? Nothing else in the pipeline yet? Are they closing down? You should stand up to your mate. Some people are so bosy. Tell her its your birthday and tell her exactly what YOU want to do. Dont be mean about it, just say "its my birtyhday and this is what were doing...". You getting a new outfit for your birthday nght out? Need piccies please. Think I'm the only one on here that uploads much hehe.

Well, I'm gonna get back to my muntain of shredding. Such a boring job but need to destroy old files as its a new year.

Speak soon xxx

Hey Miss K :) well done on staying on track! I hope everyone is feeling more motivated and determined! If we all stick together we can't go wrong :)

Oooh hot pink? Very nice! Do you have a pic?

As for me, yes I'm still at the shop at the moment. I learned yesterday that my job is safe for now though, and my boss is definitely being demoted! It looks like I'll be asked to do an extra day every week too, which will help the finances! Nothing else has come up yet.

I think I'm going to wait and see what happens with uni (if I get in this year or not). If not, I'll look for a full time job with better pay, but if I do get in I think I will stick with the shop til then!

I told my friend yesterday exactly where j wanted to go, and she has listened! I got a lovely dress for my Christmas which I plan on wearing - this one:

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/women/dresses/day-dresses/cream-belted-skater-dress-615123

I hope that link has worked! I may post a couple of pics after the night - depending on how they come out :)

Have a good day of shredding!! :D xxx

Hello Miss K, Stacey, Bin, Diva (missed anyone? I'm very sorry if so)

Lovely ladies, it has been a time of severe ups and downs for me but I've stayed true to your lovelies, reading through the posts daily and they really have been motivating me. The Xmas period was a bit of a mess, hadn't been to SW weigh in for one month and was generally feeling quite crappy in myself. Went back to my old bulimic ways but of course, it is not quick fix so I'm feeling the pudge around my belly area again :-( I struggle so much with food, with making myself sick and all, I was determined to lose weight healthily through SW but it's been harder than I thought. When I finally muscled up the courage to go to the weigh in last week I had lost half a pound - that was an amazing feeling, considering I really was expecting a double figure gain! So I felt ready to get back on the wagon! One week on almost, and the only real glitch I had was yesterday and that was a few chips at nandos and a piece of bday cake.

Been back to uni and the workload is mounting - have my dissertation to start getting on with, and it's all a bit daunting. Spoke to my GP about coming off the anti-depps but she's not keen to start weening me off them until I'm done with my final year as she doesn't think I can handle the stress without them. Quite personal, but have any of you ladies been on anti-depps? It's coming to three years on them for me, and they were given to me specifically for both my bulimia and depression.... Miss Kassy I know you've talked about depression, have you ever been on anything? And what do you ladies think, should I push it and start weening off them, asking her to lower my dose? My reasoning is, there is ALWAYS stress in life - I am due to start my teacher training after my degree, which won't be easy. Then straight after training I go into my first year of teaching. Again, stressful. So I don't see when I will find a non-stressful time to start coming off them. I dunno, any words of wisdom would be much appreciated!

Miss K, it's all very exciting about the engagement party and wedding abroad. Have you been sneaking any looks at dresses yet? Weddings are amazing and so exciting. Really hope your mans ex will allow for the kids to come, how old are they? Would be amazing if you could go away and have it all beautifully done for you! Also, sounds like you're doing amazingly with your cc... Could never be that militant with myself!

Stacey, had a look at that LUSH RI dress! I'm liking white a lot this season! And I bought quite a few dresses with that belted style over the sale period but none as nice as that one! You thinking tights and heels?

Well, this is my long rant over ladies, have missed you all but I'm here for good now... Can't get rid of me that easily. Apologies for the longness, it's been overdue a while! Hugs to you all xx

Flutterby3.... it's good to see you back ..... stick with us hun....don't disappear again !! You know you missed the crazy !!! Hehehe !!!
I don't have any experience with taking anti-depressants, so I'm not much help in that respect... I think Miss K has spoken of similar things, I think.....
It must be so hard to struggle with depression and try to continue on with all that life usually throws at us too....

Diva x

Miss K....my posh do is a Bar Mitzvah celebration !!! Never been to one before, and we are invited to the Synagogue.... and then onto the mega big party !!! They do things mega big here !!! Hehehe !!! We are hoping to turn it into a little weekend treat by staying in a nice Hotel nearby and enjoying the whole weekend.... I'm buying new everything for it !!!! :D Apart from a new hubby, of course !!! :D :D :D
I've checked out the venue and it's really posh... so the Diva needs a dress-and-a half.... plus a kinda Miss Congeniality make over !!!!

Diva x

Back