Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Haaaaaaaaapy New Year everyone!:bliss:

How are you all? Hope you had a lovely xmas and NY. I got back from Cape Town last night so thought I'd pop back and say hi to you asap. Had such a lovely time, was so hot and relaxing. Spent my time sunbathing on the beach and in the garden. Didn't do much sight seeing because I've done it all before so was nice to just relax and enjoy seeing my Dad. I was a total wreck on Monday night saying bye to everyone though and yesterday morning at the airport when my Dad dropped me home, but am back into the throws of work now and will be back on my health kick on Monday. (need to give myself a few days to menu plan etc). Can't believe how quickly the time has gone, really wish I could rewind and go back again!

I've read a few posts but will have a proper catch up over the next couple of days.

Stacy - LOVE that dress by the way!

Kassy - sounds like the wedding prep is going to plan!

flutterby - are you ok? Just saw your post. I don't know much about anti depressants, but it might be worth staying on them until you finish your final year only because my last year at uni was so stressful and I was still getting my head round my mum and dad splitting up. I didn't have depression, but looking back I definitely had the symtoms and if I had something to help me through it I would have taken it. I'm here if you ever need to talk about it though.

Well it's just a quick post tonight as need to get to bed now. Sleep well and chat to you all properly tomorrow! xxxx

Morning girls

Flutterby - Oh hunny, believe it or not i know EXACTLY what you are going through. Its hard to belive other people know what you mean isnt it coz you feel so alone with it? Yeah, I had bulemia from 17 to around 25 really quite bad then it eased off a bit but I have only been really better from about 27 and even then it never goes away 100% but am pleased to say I feel 99% recovered. I wason anti-depressants on and off for all that time. Just come off them in 2010 and hant had them since and have been fine but for me I think age is a contributing factor towards me dealing with things better. You seem so much like me when I was yojunger am sure it will be a similar situation for you. One thing I will say is that everytime I came off them I always needed to go back on so I would stay stick with them. Even if you are on them for another year or so its okay. Its like if you have a broken arm it needs something to heal it. You mind is just the same and the medicaton will stable the fluids on your brain. Its not you being 'wierd' or 'mental' or 'abnormal' or anything, its a real illness. Have you been referred to speak to someone on mental health team? They really helped me. Just talking to someone like that once a week makes all the diffrence and they can help you change the way you think. You have to stick with it though. Anytime you need a chat you know where to find me and even private message me if you wish but we are all so supportive of you and will help everyway we can :) You are already a fab size (we'd all kill to be your size) so embrace what you have got. Easier said than done I know but do try a little everyday. Hope what I have said makes sense and helps a little. Huge hugs for ya xxx

Bella - Yey! Bella back in da house!!!! We have missed you hun. Sounds like you have had a fab time :) Did you get a canny tan then? ou are soooo lucky, sunning it up while the rest of us have been freezing haha. Yeah, give yourself a few days to get your head back into gear as its no good trying to diet when you not in the right frame of mind. Plus a Monday is always a good time to start. Did you put any wesight on over the holidays? Mine was a gain of half a stone but am back on that wagon now. Got any photies of ya trip?

Diva - Oooooo a Bar Mitzvah. They are quite common over in America aint they? I have seen programmes on MTV about parties and stuff over there and they do do everything bigger hehe. I bet it will be awsome. Defo book the hotel and make a weekend of it. If you book last minute you get good dals in expensive places (well you do over here so am just asuming you can over there). Shopping spree before hand too. How exciting. Hehehehe, I lurve the Miss Congeniality films.

Stacey - That dress is lush!!!!!!! You'll have a wicked night getting all dolled up and heading out for cocktails. How has your boss been with you latley btw? No more mention of drugs? Its good you getting an extra day work. Think of the spondoolies. I have posted a pic of my dress below (somewhere). I also got a lush sequin one from AX Paris which I wore to death over Xmas but love it so much I might have to wear it again. decisions decisions. Which one you prefer?

Have you all been watching Biggest Loser? I cant believe that guy lost like 3st in 2 weeks. Wowzer!!!!!!

Gosh, how long is this post man? hehehe. Better go do some work.

Speak soon yous lot xxx

Attachments

• DW639_GOLD_7191__60663_std.jpg
    DW639_GOLD_7191__60663_std.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 20
  • rebel rebel.jpg
    rebel rebel.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 31
Flutterby3 said:
Hello Miss K, Stacey, Bin, Diva (missed anyone? I'm very sorry if so)

Lovely ladies, it has been a time of severe ups and downs for me but I've stayed true to your lovelies, reading through the posts daily and they really have been motivating me. The Xmas period was a bit of a mess, hadn't been to SW weigh in for one month and was generally feeling quite crappy in myself. Went back to my old bulimic ways but of course, it is not quick fix so I'm feeling the pudge around my belly area again :-( I struggle so much with food, with making myself sick and all, I was determined to lose weight healthily through SW but it's been harder than I thought. When I finally muscled up the courage to go to the weigh in last week I had lost half a pound - that was an amazing feeling, considering I really was expecting a double figure gain! So I felt ready to get back on the wagon! One week on almost, and the only real glitch I had was yesterday and that was a few chips at nandos and a piece of bday cake.

Been back to uni and the workload is mounting - have my dissertation to start getting on with, and it's all a bit daunting. Spoke to my GP about coming off the anti-depps but she's not keen to start weening me off them until I'm done with my final year as she doesn't think I can handle the stress without them. Quite personal, but have any of you ladies been on anti-depps? It's coming to three years on them for me, and they were given to me specifically for both my bulimia and depression.... Miss Kassy I know you've talked about depression, have you ever been on anything? And what do you ladies think, should I push it and start weening off them, asking her to lower my dose? My reasoning is, there is ALWAYS stress in life - I am due to start my teacher training after my degree, which won't be easy. Then straight after training I go into my first year of teaching. Again, stressful. So I don't see when I will find a non-stressful time to start coming off them. I dunno, any words of wisdom would be much appreciated!

Miss K, it's all very exciting about the engagement party and wedding abroad. Have you been sneaking any looks at dresses yet? Weddings are amazing and so exciting. Really hope your mans ex will allow for the kids to come, how old are they? Would be amazing if you could go away and have it all beautifully done for you! Also, sounds like you're doing amazingly with your cc... Could never be that militant with myself!

Stacey, had a look at that LUSH RI dress! I'm liking white a lot this season! And I bought quite a few dresses with that belted style over the sale period but none as nice as that one! You thinking tights and heels?

Well, this is my long rant over ladies, have missed you all but I'm here for good now... Can't get rid of me that easily. Apologies for the longness, it's been overdue a while! Hugs to you all xx

Morning ladies!!

Big ((hugs)) for you flutterby. I have never been on anti-depressants, so don't really feel I could advise on that. What I woudl say though, is do you feel like you could cope without them right now? If you do, then you may be ok to start weaning off. I would speak to your doctor though, tell them everything and see what their opinion is.

Bells, welcome back!!! Sounds like you had a lovely time away! It must have been difficult coming away though! Looking forward to getting caught up with you :)

Kassy what gorgeous dresses!! V jealous :D I'd love to be able to pull either of those off, but my figure at the moment just wouldn't! I am so looking forward to my night out on Saturday :)

My boss has been ok - nothing new with drugs. I think she could probably tell how uncomfortable that made me feel the last time! I think she's the one who's been causing my bad headaches though, beaches everytime I go in there is more drama with her job etc and she goes on and on about it!

Hi to everyone else!!!! Diva, Bin and all other ladies who I haven't mentioned :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I like both dresses !!! Red is one of my favourite colours, but I like the sparkly too !!! For my do I've got to find something suitable for the service, maybe a dress and jacket combo, which I can then whisk off ( just the jacket lol !!!! ) for the big party after !!! It's sooo bloody easy for men, isn't it..... Mr D was just...well I'm wearing a suit..... Grrrrrrrr !!!!

Diva x

Hello lovely ladies!

Miss K ooh wow, loving the dresses... Especially the gold one! Perfect festive dress! Thank you Miss K, Stacey, Bella and Diva for your thoughts, really do appreciate it. I get that it's a tough one, because what works for one person won't necessarily work for the next.

Having a long day at uni atm, horrible headache coming on. Currently about to start a lecture on Faust, looking at Satan, Hell and all things pleasant... Lovely! Really don't know where they come up with some of these modules.

Will respond properly later tonight, hope you're all having a good day. My weigh in later eek!!

P.s. anyone else a desperate housewives fan?? So glad it's back in my life!x

Hello Ladies,

Big hugs Flutterby, I have never been on anti-depressants myself but Mr Bin was prescribed them about 12 years ago (all work related), couple of years later he came off them but after a few months he was getting so low again heading for another breakdown that his doctor put him back on them and he still takes them. He will probably always be on them, there is nothing wrong with taking them as Kassy says it is an illness that requires medication just like any other. Mr Bin had counselling for a while that helped which he no longer needs so you may feel that helps you. I would certainly not wean yourself off them without your docs help and especially as you say you have a stressful year coming up.
You are doing so well, we are all here for you:bighug:
Bella welcome back:D you sound as though you had a great time you lucky thing all that sun bet you have a lovely tan. Can not have been easy, airport goodbyes are really upsetting. Good idea to have a few days before you hit the healthy eating plan again it takes a while to get into the right mindset.

Love the sequined dress Kassy would love to be able to wear some thing like that but I now have age against me. A wedding on a beach abroad in the sun, white sands, blue sea, and palm trees sounds lush, especially as it is all organised for you. I hope The Adonis's children can go I know how difficult ex's can be where children are involved Mr Bin had terrible trouble getting access to see his children, they are now grown up and make their own choices now.

Stacy glad your friend has finally backed down and let you have YOUR Birthday drinks where you want, the dress is really nice bet you will look a million dollars.

Diva your posh do sounds really exciting especially as you are combining it with a weekend away. Dress and jacket combo sounds like the best way forward, as you say men are lucky, only have to decide what colour tie to wear!!

Take care xxx

Thanks Bin for the info on Mr Bin... Depression is one of those things where, if you don't ask people about their experiences, you aren't aware that others are experiencing the same things.

Had a bad day today - 1lb on at the weigh in, I'm gutted, cried on the way home in the car.

Ladies, why is it so easy to gain but SO difficult to lose??

Flutterby here's more big ((hugs)) for you!

Try not to get too downhearted about the 1lb gain - that 1lb gain will be quick to shift, and you will shift it! I believe you can do it.

I never understand why gaining weight is much easier than losing weight! It stinks big time though! :(

Well ladies - I've found something that I want to aim for to help me reach my target weight. I've wanted one of these dresses for so long now, and think it'll be the perfect thing to treat myself to once I reach my target!

http://www.vivienofholloway.com/en/...t Dress/1950s-halterneck-polka-dot-dress/998/

Hope that link works! xxx

Flutterby please don't be so hard on yourself, I know it is difficult when you have stayed on track all week but that 1lb gain could be down to anything hormones, a bit of water retention please don't get upset about it. You are doing so well just keep thinking of all the positives :)

You are right you do not realise how many people suffer from depression and are on antidepps, Mr Bin said exactly the same, to begin with he was a bit embarrassed about it but once he started talking about it lots of people (some he never thought of) said they were on them. Now he is quite open about being on them.

Take care Flutterby :) xx

Stacy absolutley love that dress it is so nice xx

Last edited:
oh my god girls, I have completely and utterly fallen in love with the fitness instructor on "obese: a year to save my life". I seriously need him in my life. I've added a pic so hope it's worked! God, he's soooo fit! If he was my personal trainer I would happily work out every day with him!

Attachments

• sexy!.jpg
    sexy!.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 33
Bella30 said:
oh my god girls, I have completely and utterly fallen in love with the fitness instructor on "obese: a year to save my life". I seriously need him in my life. I've added a pic so hope it's worked! God, he's soooo fit! If he was my personal trainer I would happily work out every day with him!

Tell me about it Bella - I could just eat him up!!! He's gorgeous!! I wouldn't get much work done with him around though! lol :D x

I could barely speak to my housemate while he was on the TV so I think I'd be the same as you with the exercise too! It would be so dificult to concentrate when you have 100% hunk of a man starting back at you! lol xx

Thanks Stacey ad Bin...

Btw, Stacey that dress is so cute! I could never pull something like that off, but with some red lippy and hair up, you'd look amazing! Great idea too, to have something to aim for, and a treat waiting when you reach it!

Bella, my bf doesn't need to know that that man is simply divine!! Ha!

Working at a primary school atm, got asked by one of the boys whether whales feed their babies from their boobies, and surely they must do as whales are mammals. Had no idea what to say so I told him to find himself a book to read!! Been one of those days...

Lol, I think I got a little bit carried away last night! Haha although I added that photo to my facebook and its caused quite a stir amongst the girls! ;-)

How are you feeling today, flutterby? Xx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

bin59 said:
Happy Birthday Stacy:birthday:
Hope you have a fantastic day and a great time out tonight with your mates :) xxx

Thank you :) you're actually the first person, besides my mum to say happy birthday to me!! xx

Awwwww, Happy Birthday Stacy! Hope you have an absolutely splendid day and night. Have lots of fun :) xxx

Sorry to but in, but they guy is a hottie, I don't usually watch that programme, is he on it every week?
Another hot pt is on ' I used to be fat' it's on sky anytime. His bit rougher or tougher looking, not too much just a little x

Bella30 said:
Awwwww, Happy Birthday Stacy! Hope you have an absolutely splendid day and night. Have lots of fun :) xxx

Thanks Bella

Currently sitting in my room crying, so not the best birthday! :( xx

Back