Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Kassy, well done on your loss! Even it was a cheeky sneak peek before the official weigh in! lol :D and thank you for the compliment! :)

Flutterby, so sorry to hear how you're feeling :( big hugs again for you. Buy do remember that you were ill then, and you are working towards getting slimmer now :) keep thinking positive hun! I also recommend any self help books - some can be really good!

Hello to everyone else! I hope you've all had a good Monday (black Monday as they call it! Supposed to be the most depressing day, but I'm quite happy!)

I am actually quite happy lately, which makes a really nice change for me :) I swapped numbers with a guy from a dating site, and we've been texting everyday for over a week now :) so I'm hoping something may come out of it. I do have a nagging thought at the back of my mind that he'll run a mile when he sees me in person. But he has seen photos of me, so im trying to keep thinking positively about it. Will of course keep you all updated on that front :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi girls

Hope you had a good Monday and it wasn't too busy. I am SOOO tired as didn't sleep well at all last night. Not sure why, perhaps it was the thought of stepping on the scales this morning!

Kassy - I'm watching BL now on catch up and already I'm hooked. I've just seen them have their body age test - talk about scaring you into losing weight. I'd really like to get mine done as think it will help me lose!!

Stacy - get you missy! Dish the goss on this man you've met! ;)

Flutterby - BIG BIG BIG hugs for you honey. I can't imagine what you must be going through, but you must know you are such a beautiful young lady and we are all here for you. Have you spoken to your boyfriend about how you feel?

Well it's confession time from me. I got on the scales this morning and I am 2lb off what I weighed this time last year! Yep, all the weight I lost at the first half of last year is back on. I didn't admit to you all that I was struggling so badly, and I didn't change my stats, because I was ashamed of myself, but if I can't be open and honest with you all, then I can't be honest with anyone. I'm not going to let it get to me though and I'm not going to get upset about it, instead I want to learn from it and try again. One thing I do know is I have to learn to manage my stress levels because that is when I binge and I don't want to be that person anymore. I want to be slim and happy with the way I look so in a way I'm glad I'm back to this point again because I know I'm going to approach it in an entirely different way.

Starting today, I want to lose 5 stone. I don't know how long it will take me but I'm aiming for 2lbs a week. My first target is my holiday, which although we haven't booked it, will be around 20th May. As I get weighed every Monday, I will take my first challenge to 14th May which gives me 17 weeks and if I can stick to 2lbs a week, that will be 34lbs (2 stone 6lbs).

I'm going to break it down into 3 mini targets, with the first taking me to 20th Feb (5 weeks). I've chosen this because I have 2 days holiday to use up before the end of March at work so by the time that arrives, I want to be 10lbs lighter!

If anyone else wants to join in with me, then get involved! I'm feeling really focused and motivated now and it helps I'm watching The Biggest Loser whilst typing this to you all! lol

Here's to getting slim in 2012 girls! :) xxxxx

Bella big hugs to you too! Your target is very realistic though, and I too am setting myself small goals. Like, I want to lose 5lbs in January. I also want to stick to 1-2lbs a week! But don't so much have a target date in mind! I would however like to have lost quite a bit by summer and have my first decent summer!!

Haha well I haven't met him yet officially! We got chatting on the dating site just before Christmas, and just after Christmas we swapped numbers, and we've been texting everyday since. We seem to get on quite well though and have a laugh and a wee flirt via text too. It's put an extra spring in my step :D I'm hoping he will ask me out soon though so we can meet up :) xx

Thanks Stacy. Hopefully I'll be able to stick to it. I think it's helping knowing I'll be going on holiday with a group of girls who are stick thin! lol Don't want to be the fat girl in the group, have been that girl for too long!

Sounds like you've met a good one there! Keep us posted with how it's going and when he asks you out! ;) xx

Evening:)

Bella I know how you feel as I have put almost all my weight back on, I went back to SW on Thurs and altered my stats when I got back, decided it was time to stop kidding myself get focused and lose this weight again. I felt embarrased that I had let it creep on I knew it was happening but did nothing about it. But that is behind me now like you I am motivated this time. :)

Stacy lovely to hear you are so happy and with that spring in your step let us know all about your man:D

Kassy glad you are ok and had a good weekend, well done on your weight loss even if it was a cheeky peek at the scales :D

Flutterby big hugs I can not imagine how you feel but I wish I could make things better for you. Your photos are lovely you really are a very pretty lady and I love the hamster in the tutu!:D

Dad is slowly getting worse , he can not feed himself now and will occasionally speak but it is only one word like hello or goodnight, he is still at home, carers come in twice a day to get him up and put him to bed. He is not eating much or drinking which the McMillen nurse said is basically the body shutting down. He still recognises the immediate family which is nice.

Work tomorrow then am off Weds and Thurs :D:D

All have a good Tuesday xx

Good morning all!

Not been able to sleep very well these last couple of days, can't explain it - ever had that feeling where you're SO tired but just not sleepy. May do some uni work after I've written here!

Firstly thank you all for your hugs. I'm so grateful that I have you ladies just to say what's really going on with me. I do sometimes speak to my bf about it but I know how much my issues with food upset him, and I really don't want to hurt him more than I need to.

Stacey - VERY exciting about the new man!! I read your posts and I had a huge smile on my face, I love love love new romances! I'm sure we're all waiting for that post that tells us where he's taking you for your first date!!

Bella - huge hugs to you. You know what, you and I are both looking at ourselves in the past. Yeah, sure we were smaller back then BUT this is now. I don't think you need to feel ashamed at all... Weight loss is such a journey, most people do fluctuate. That's something I'm learning. You're attitude is perfect, be determined to start again... And the holiday is an amazing incentive! I know you've said you're not dwelling on it, but I know what we women are like, so I truly hope it really is out of your head for good. That was the past, we start again today!

Bin - sorry to hear about the struggles with your dad. It's nice that he is still able to recognise the immediate family though, hopefully that is some strength and comfort to him also. It's so difficult to see a loved one in that sort of position, but keep strong and keep letting us ow he you're all doing.

Kassy - hello! Any more info on the wedding / engagement party front?? Gosh, I can't wait to get married! I want the whole sha-bang!! My sisters wedding was CRAZY, we had 450 guests at the Church and 600 at the reception venue. She had a six tier wedding cake which cost the earth (but was absolutely divine - one tier chocolate, one tier carrot cake, one tier Victoria sponge, one tier fresh cream, one tier this moussey goodness and the final tier white chocolate and strawberries!) just made myself very hungry for cake now! Don't think I want anywhere near as many guests as her, but I still want the six tier cake! Hehe!

Have a wonderful day all, I'm going to try and get an hour or so's more sleep! Xxx

Morning all :)
Gosh, what alot of highs and lows you ladies are going through!
Maybe I'm unlucky but I seem to have had them all!!!
The new love in your life ( that ones fine)
I'm on anti depressants, but because without them I get terrible anxiety, also spend hours doing nothing and cut myself off from the world. I wouldn't say I'm a depressed person at all, but the meds just level me out.
My dad died of cancer 2 years ago, so had McMillan round, they are a great help, My dad wanted to stay home do had a special bed with air mattress in lounge. They helped with all sorts of things.
And putting weight back on, been there done that and keep going there and doing it. I've been thin fat slim chubby, but fat at moment :(
I also used to be very very slim until I was in my 20's then my thyroid went underactive, but sorted it out with meds, then fine until about 7 years ago, now I spend my life dieting then stuffing my face. So when I see people I used to know I'm so embarrassed, cos I was the thinnest in my group by far until I was 24.
Sounds depressing writing this but it's just life. I'm not sad, not depressing, I got lots of friends, love my job, two lovely boys. Life's good, but I'm fat, it does stop me doing lots of things, but I'll get there! I know I will xxx
Life moves forward, we can change, hope I haven't depressed you all, honestly I'm actualy a happy upbeat person...

Also thinking of changing my name on here after reading you lot 'my real name is' will give more privacy.
What do you think?
Olivia, Kelly, ? any nice names or wacky ones, send them my way.
No one knows I come on here, I'd be too embarrassed to tell anyone. Is that bad?

So that was long, sorry.

Happy Tuesday :)

Karen27 said:
Morning all :)
Gosh, what alot of highs and lows you ladies are going through!
Maybe I'm unlucky but I seem to have had them all!!!
The new love in your life ( that ones fine)
I'm on anti depressants, but because without them I get terrible anxiety, also spend hours doing nothing and cut myself off from the world. I wouldn't say I'm a depressed person at all, but the meds just level me out.
My dad died of cancer 2 years ago, so had McMillan round, they are a great help, My dad wanted to stay home do had a special bed with air mattress in lounge. They helped with all sorts of things.
And putting weight back on, been there done that and keep going there and doing it. I've been thin fat slim chubby, but fat at moment :(
I also used to be very very slim until I was in my 20's then my thyroid went underactive, but sorted it out with meds, then fine until about 7 years ago, now I spend my life dieting then stuffing my face. So when I see people I used to know I'm so embarrassed, cos I was the thinnest in my group by far until I was 24.
Sounds depressing writing this but it's just life. I'm not sad, not depressing, I got lots of friends, love my job, two lovely boys. Life's good, but I'm fat, it does stop me doing lots of things, but I'll get there! I know I will xxx
Life moves forward, we can change, hope I haven't depressed you all, honestly I'm actualy a happy upbeat person...

Also thinking of changing my name on here after reading you lot 'my real name is' will give more privacy.
What do you think?
Olivia, Kelly, ? any nice names or wacky ones, send them my way.
No one knows I come on here, I'd be too embarrassed to tell anyone. Is that bad?

So that was long, sorry.

Happy Tuesday :)

Hello! Thanks for sharing! Don't worry you haven't dampened the mood at all, it's always nice to hear of others' experiences, because it proves there is another side to it!

Have a good day xx

Morning to the best bunch of minimins on this site hehehehe

So much goss at the mo, I'm loving it.

Stacey - Twit twoooooooo for the new bit stuff hehe. A good bit flirt is a great idea and boosts the ego no end. You kept him quiet haha. Does he live near you? Why wait for him to ask you out. You sould ask him out. Men love women with a bit spunk. Shoes we are confident and know what we want.

Flutterby - I sent you a PM so let me know if you got it hunny :) You are fab at giving advice on here you know. You should take it on board yourself haha. WOW 60 at a wedding. Thats huge!!! Bet it was an amazing day. Wewill probally have soemthing like 80 during the day and 200 on the night as our pennies cant sretch much further. Saying that, if we go abroad it will just depend on who can afford to come then we will have a big party when we get back. I'll keep you posted. That ounds like the best cake in the world. I want one. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm dont like traditional fruit cake anyway. Love the idea of all diffrent ones Especially the carrot cake. Lush!

Karen - I'm with you as I have been all differnt shpes and sizes too. Its blumin hard being a woman aint it. Where are you from?

Bin - Still dong a great job. Loads of our cleint praise the work the McMilian nurses do so he's in the right hands.

Bella - We all go up and down hun but you have done it before and you can do it again. You are very focused and I know you will do fab.

Well, sorry this is quick and have had to be so brief with everyone but my boss just come in and dumped a pile of wor on my desk so I have had to rush this. But speak to you all soon xxxxx

afternoon ladies! :)

Bella - that must really help keep you motivated! A couple of my close friends are slimmer than me, so I think that way too :)

Bin - so sorry to hear that your dad is getting worse :( Big hugs to you :hug99:

Karen - not at all! We appreciate anyone opening up on here - that's what we're here for after all :D I'm afraid I'm no good with names though - but then again I'm the only one who has may name as my username :D lol!

Kassy - hehe! I didn't want to say anything incase he ran off at some point, but he keeps texting me everyday, from when he gets home from work until we go to sleep - always ends his messages with "sleep tight xx" or "sweet dreams xx" :D It's weird to be so smitten with someone I haven't actually met yet! lol Even though we've seen pictures of each other. To answer your question, he stays in the centre of Edinburgh, whereas I'm just outside Edinburgh, so not too far. And he works in Glasgow. I'm quite traditional sometimes, in that I like guys to make the first move. But then again, I know he's quite shy, so maybe I should just ask him? I don't know! lol I think my time of the month is coming up, so will wait until that has come and gone first since I'll want to be at my best :D

Oh, and I don't know what's going wrong with me, but I had a "strange" dream about my male friend, who I have never seen in THAT light before!! and he's married!! So I don't know where that dream came from! lol Very weird! :confused:

anyhoo, afternoon to all you other ladies! I hope Tuesday is treating you all well :) xx

Sorry ladies, sounded like I was giving list of my life problems. I wasn't. What I ment was all the things that you going through, I've had. The ill parent, the skinny to fat, the mental health.... Ect.
All I ment was, you'll get through it. No matter how tough it is at moment.

Life is not always easy, but is always precious xxx

Oh and I'm from near Windsor / ascot area.

(if it was a list of my life problems would have been much longer) let's not go there lol

Oh and fat fighters on tonight, it's really good, 8pm Chanel 4.

:)

Small world !
Haha, better be careful what I write, we might even know each other lol :)

Evening ladies!!

I'm just back from seeing Lord of the Dance live with my mum and gran. It was a belated birthday present for my gran, and it was brilliant!!!! Wasn't sure if I would enjoy it, but I really did!!

Some eye candy in there too and great motivation - coz those girls are so enviously slim!!!! lol xxx

Mowning girls

How spooky is that that you's 3 are all originally from there hehe.

Stacey - Ooooo, I hope you meet him soon. Will give you soemthing to look forward to. Ive never seen Lord of the Dance. Pleased you enjoyed it.

Karen - Life can be a sod eh but I say what ever dosent kill you makes you stronger! I have never watched that Fat Fighters. I seen it advetised though and it looks great. You got any good tips off it?

Bella - You back into the swing of things yet?

I'm doing canny so far but cant wait till the sweets have finished here at work coz I keep grabbing a starburst eveytime I go into the kitchen. Better than picking at the celebrations though haha.

Had a night off the gym last night as I have gav myself shin splints :( Still a bit sore today but I'll just take it easy tonight. I need some proper runnig shoes if I am going to do it properly.

Going to Newsastle on Saturday night so anna try be mege good until then so I feel good about myself. Think I'll be wearing my sparkly dress coz love it so much and it hids a multitude of sins.

Not really in a working mood today for some rason. Hope its not gonna be a long day. better go get started though.

xxxxx

Morning ladies.

First day of period today (boo), so naturally, I went to sainsburys on the way to my bf's house - bought us popcorn as he's got Paranormal activity for us to watch, yum yums (the mini ones) and monster munch! Oh dear. I either try and eat NOTHING or do my best at eating EVERYTHING!

I'm sitting here in his dark bedroom, he was supposed to pick me up from the station but forgot, and he's still sleeping. Not the way into my heart when I am my periodical self. Ugh. Men. They annoy me. He looked at what I bought and just kinda rolled his eyes and went 'why'. Because I want to bloody eat today that's why!!

Not in the best of moods today...

Miss_Kassy said:
Mowning girls

How spooky is that that you's 3 are all originally from there hehe.

Stacey - Ooooo, I hope you meet him soon. Will give you soemthing to look forward to. Ive never seen Lord of the Dance. Pleased you enjoyed it.

Karen - Life can be a sod eh but I say what ever dosent kill you makes you stronger! I have never watched that Fat Fighters. I seen it advetised though and it looks great. You got any good tips off it?

Bella - You back into the swing of things yet?

I'm doing canny so far but cant wait till the sweets have finished here at work coz I keep grabbing a starburst eveytime I go into the kitchen. Better than picking at the celebrations though haha.

Had a night off the gym last night as I have gav myself shin splints :( Still a bit sore today but I'll just take it easy tonight. I need some proper runnig shoes if I am going to do it properly.

Going to Newsastle on Saturday night so anna try be mege good until then so I feel good about myself. Think I'll be wearing my sparkly dress coz love it so much and it hids a multitude of sins.

Not really in a working mood today for some rason. Hope its not gonna be a long day. better go get started though.

xxxxx

Morning! :)

Kassy - I will keep you all updated on our first meeting etc :) he did tell me that he's very shy though, so may have to try and bring him out his shell a bit :D

Shin splints are so painful! I usually get them if I'm walking too fast.

Glad you are doing well so far! Keep it up :)

Flutterby - It's almost my time of the month too - I'm feeling all bloated and got a sore stomach and back today :( feel just generally groggy! I find drinking a cup if hot water makes me feel better sometimes though :) xxx

Hiya girlies, just a quick check in from me now to let you all know I'm in day 3 of the health kick now and so far so good! Went gym on Monday and going again tonight do to 2 classes so no doubt ill ache tomorrow! Eeeeek! Have been so good with my food and even resisted some chocolate last night so big cheer for me! :)

Hope you're all managing and having a good day. I'll try and pop in.later and have a proper catch up with you all.

Bells Xx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Back