Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Hi ladies :)

Kassy, 2lb a week, you know you can do that! And you will, don't be too upset, you've been living life, that's what we are here for. It's just hard when you do normal fun things, indulge a little and the scales shoot up. While everyone else does the same and is fine. Its not fair, but it's our reality, we always going to have this problem. Its a bummer! You look gorgeous in your pics and I know you'll loose those few pounds :) you can do it!

Bin, derran brown, I've seen him, my company hired him for our Xmas do a few years back, he was very funny :) it was about the only good thing my company done, I hated that job!
My sons are 21 and 24, both still at home. I dread them moving out, I'll definatly get empty nest syndrome! But it's brilliant your son travelling, good for him. Yeah, my oldest son doing well, but We have to see if anything comes of it. It's good but it also holds him back, he would like to go away travelling for few months but a few months is a long time when your in music.
So everything kind of gets put on hold.

Bella, wow the lady now size 8, lucky her!
You really seem to be doing well, are you exercising too?

Stacey, hope your feeling better in yourself, you need to be kinder to you!
Does that make sense?

Diva, Irish pubs, men with little guns! What you like! Are you sure you from Windsor?!
Haha ;)

Flutterbye, where you gone? Hope you ok x

Have I missed anyone? Hi if I have, I'm going to try sort out smother room today, but not really in the mood, had lovely manicure yesterday with hand and arm massage, then had dinner with my friend, ate far too much, as usual! Trying to be good today.

I'm really hungry today, I hate days like that! Some days are fine, others I just feel hungry all day :( annoying !

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning gals !!!

Kassy, at least you are doing a full on fat attack now. Can you do a couple of super strict smoothie days, like I do sometimes ??? Smoothie breakfast, and lunch and then a nice cc dinner, plus a fruit snack in the pm. Usually, pings me back on the straight and narrow !!! The other thing to get the weight going again, is bloody exercise, so you'll have to hit the Gym hard...boo !!!
You and I must be away the same time at the end of April..... Care to swap Tunisia for London ???? :D
Mr D and I are also trying to fit in a week all inclusive in Mexico for later on in the Year, plus I will be heading to either Washington or NY before the Autumn. Mini breaks rock !!!
The weather is crazy here...76 degrees yesterday and maybe 78 today, if this continues I will be unveiling my pale legs earlier than usual :eek: At least they look a bit more toned than last year, due to the walking !!!
Bin59, Australia is fab, I was out there for six months, staying in Sydney, loved it !! If I hadn't moved here to the US it was next on my list !!! :D :D :D

Diva x

Karen27, hehe, yep I'm a Windsorian !!! Actually, I've just got off the phone with Windsor about ten minutes ago !!! Seriously !!! Was chatting to a relative, who was keeping me up to date with gossip, etc, and because they are a dear old thing, the really important stuff ..... Like the bus stop changes from Peascod St to Charles St !!!! :eek: Bless 'em !!! They'll be telling me next about what cakes are available in the Daniel's Cafe next, lol !!!

Diva x

Thanks for your motivational words lasses, have them on board and will carry them round with me for the next 6 weeks haha.

Bin - Yes, cant wait to hear all about Darren Brown. How mad would iot be if you get picked out of the audience. Eeeek. I didnt see Biggest Loser. I havnt watched it for the last 4 weeks or something coz me and the ASdonis been going to bed early to snuggle up and watch DVDs haha. We were in bed by 8.30 last night. Roll on the summer nights when I can stay up till 10pm. I feel lke an old biddie going to bed so early, but when the sun goes down so does my batteries haha. Yes, we will make it our mission to get into the 10's as I have ben in the 11's for ages now too, since like June or something last year!

Karen - I am totally the same - somedays I am fine and ohers I am soooo hungry I could turn into pac man and eat everything I come into contact with. Its wierd. Thats wicked that your comapny hired Darren Brown for a doo. Have you seen his programmes? Amazing. Imagine having that mind!

Diva - Yip must be away at same time. Naaaaaaa, I'll stick to Tunisia thanks hahaha. I'll leave you with Big Ben. Hahaa, I love the way older people think - they are a mountian of information when it comes to busses, wheely bins and special offeres in the supermarkets, oh, and about doris next door hahahahaha. Its great. I dont think I could handle smoothies rather than meals. I need substance and would be worries lack of food would lead to a binge. Saying that, I am attempting a bit of a soup diet for 4 days next week so we'll see how that goes. The Adonis sister makes a lush vedge soup so will be having that for tea Mon-Thurs next week in the run up to my mates wedding.

Hi everyone else and spk soon xxx

Last edited:
This is embarrassing, but reading kassy post, I thought, why would derran brown get someone out of audience? His a stand up comedian.. Then it clicked.... I saw dara o'brian NOT derran brown, oooops! Dont know what I was thinking, the only similar thing in their names is that they start with D.
Lol :) so no I have not seen him! Hehe x

Evening ladies! Well tonight was a wasted night in college! lol Went all the way in there (about an hour's drive) only to find there were only 6 of us there, so our lecturer cancelled the class, and we got to come straight back home. So was a waste of time and petrol!

I could have done so much with those couple of hours - like studying for my prelim tomorrow - aaaaaahhhhh! Yes, that's how I am feeling about the prelim tomorrow! lol :D

Kassy, huge, huge ((hugs)) to you lady! Don't let a bad few days get you down. You are a beautiful girl, and I am sure you will be able to get back on track soon. You are such a determined person :) Keep your chin up missy! We are all here for you! xx

Bin - Hope you're having a fabby time seeing Derren Brown - can't wait to hear all about it! :D

Karen - yes that makes total sense and it is very true! I will try and work on that :)

Diva - jealous about your weather!!! It has been cold, wet and miserable here! :( I've still had to wear cardigans and gloves! Mind you, rather that than have to bear my flabby flesh! lol ;)

Hello to all the other lovely ladies here, hope to hear from you all soon :)

Have a good night all - well, what's left of it! xxx

Morning All

Stacey - Thanks for the kind words :) Good luck for today, let us know how yu get on. Cant believe yu drove all that way last night or it to be cancelled. Nightmare.

Karen - Hahahaha, thats legendary, totally like sumit I would come out with. Ive seen Dara O'Brian live, he's so funny and seems like a proper nice man.

Diva - Did you get to speak to him. I love his accent haha.

Well gals, I think my roll may be starting again (fingers crossed), was good yesterday and then went to the gym and really enjoyed it. Woke up this morning wanting to go again (lets just hope the motivation is till there at 7.30pm haha). I get on dead well with the gym instructor so she asked me to train with her as she has been a bit lax over the last few months so hopefully that will push me too. She shoes me some new exercises andstuff last night so I can really keep things mixed up.

Not long till the weekend woop woop xxxx

Hi ladies x
Miss K you will do this x you ve done so well up to now :D your a beautiful girl . I lost my mojo but have to say I think WW is the way forward for me I ve lost another 2 pounds this week yay
Stacy I m keeping everything crossed for you xx
Bella well done, I am loving WW :D
Karen I'll look out for your son in ASOS as i like to dream about what I might be able to wear in the future.x
Diva. You are doing so well another inspiration when I look at your stats..:D
Hi to Bin x
I have been a bit down tho as I am struggling financially and it has come to it that I have to sell my car, I just can't afford to run it recession hitting :(
Hope I havent missed anyone out but im not bingeing as I normally would when I struggle to cope with life so that has to be a positive :D

Hi girls

Hope you’re ok, sorry I haven’t been around much, I’ve been applying for a job at work so using every minute of my spar time to fill out the application form and getting CV updated! Fingers crossed!

Diva – well done on your weight loss, that’s brilliant. Keep up the good work. How’s the walking going?

Stacy – sounds like you’ve had a very emotional week. Are you ok now? Don’t let a guy make you feel down about yourself, he’s not worth it. You have so much going for you and if he can’t see your beauty then he must be a flippin idiot! Wash your hands of him the stupid arse! As for settling down and having kids – that will happen, but right now your path is going in a slightly different direction and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. Stay focused and it will all fall into place. Hope your exam went well.

Karen – great news about your son! He must be really pleased and you must be very proud! Thanks for the comments on my weight loss. I haven’t been doing much exercise to be honest. A few power walks here and there but have gone off the gym at the moment. I need to get into my running, but I seem to have developed a fear of it! Not sure why, but every time I think about it, I panic. Very odd!

Kassy – did you get the vertigo sorted? Hope you’re ok now. Any more luck on the dress front? Definitely give WW ago, it’s so easy to do and the class I go to is lovely too. I start helping this Saturday so I hope I have a good loss too!! I see you’ve started a new challenge now – you go girl! You sound really focused, so stick with that! Don’t worry about the scales this week, I bet it was mainly water retention from totm.

Bin – how was Derren Brown? I’ve never seen him live, but would be intrigued to see what it’s like. I watched The Biggest Loser final and thought it was amazing. Jessie looked incredible and I couldn’t believe it when she said she runs 5-10k a day now! That’s crazy!!

Katierose – well done on your weight loss too, that’s brilliant. Sorry to hear you’re struggling and had to sell your car. It’s such an expense. I’ve had to cut back on a lot of things too, it’s awful isn’t it. Just stay focused and it will be ok.

Right, I’m off again now girlies but will be back tomorrow. Speak to you soon xxx

Last edited:
Hello Ladies

Derren Brown was brilliant, he was on stage for 2 and half hours and you were just spell bound by what was going on fantastic well worth the money. Both my sons got involved in the hypnotising part of the show, my eldest came out of it but my youngest was in the final few that were left standing, but another person was chosen to go on stage. How he does some of that stuff is beyond me.

Bella a new job how exciting, all is crossed for you! :) Yes I could not believe Jessie ran that far everyday, she really did look like a completly different person.

Katierose sorry to hear that things are a not too good at the mo and that you have had to sell your car. Well done on your weight loss so glad you have your mojo back:)

Kassy you sound really focused again:) and it is nice you get on so well with your trainer. Really wish I could pluck up the courage and join a gymn.

Stacy how was your exam today hope all went well.

Karen I had a little chuckle when I read about Dara OBrian:) Our boys are around the same age, my youngest still lives at home, my eldest rents a flat about 15 mins drive away, he is always popping in usually at dinner times especially on Sundays:D

Diva lucky you with those lovely temperatures can not wait for summer to arrive here. At the moment we seem to be having dense fog which lasts nearly all day, then the blasted fog horns are going all night:mad:

Hope you all have a good Friday xxx

Hi All !!! No I didn't talk to Dara ( didn't want to go all fangirl on him, and the poor guy was on the shuttle flight to Dublin, that's enough hassle in your day !! ) The walking is going well, still plodding along, should hit my target tomorrow, or maybe Sat if Fri gets super busy and I can't get out to the River !! Sorry to hear about your car Katierose, bloody recession, will you be using the bus or upping your walking??
Bella30, you'll be getting your 5% next week, won't you ??? I'll get ready to do a whoop whoop for you !!

Drinking an organic herbal Licorice tea at the mo, not as good as the Peppermint ones !! More exciting than plain water, though !!! Hehe !!!

Diva x

Morning all!

Thank you all for your kind words :) I'm feeling a bit better now :) exam lastnight went ok I think. We will find out in around 2 weeks time what our results are! I'm hoping for a B :)

Katierose so sorry to hear that things are difficult for you :( I'm feeling quite financially deprived too! I never have any spare money to really do things, don't go out anywhere anymore and my car is a big drain on my finances currently going through £20 petrol in a week! :( so I completely understand how you must be feeling. Big hugs for you!

Kassy glad to hear that you're getting back on track now :)

I've got to head off for work just now, so don't have much time to "talk", but will catch up with everyone later! :)

Have a good Friday!! xxx

Thanks bin, ill keep you posted. Think I'm punching above my weight a little with it but you never know and I'd rather apply and get rejected than not apply and regret it.
Diva, am hoping for my 5% tomorrow so fingers crossed. I'll let you all know.

Stacy, glad the exam went well. Will keep my fingers crossed for u that u get your B.

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm going to Surrey tomorrow to see my gran. Were all out for a curry and then a roast at my aunties on Sunday. I'm also out for dinner on Tuesday too....gosh, must be careful with my points. I'm thinking ill have to up my exercise this week to gain some activity points! Xxx

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using MiniMins

Hiya gorgeous gals

Katierose - Awwww thank you. I know, I need to stop being so hard on myself and remember how fr I have come. Sounds like WW is the right one for you. Its terrible at the moment with the recession. Sorry its hitting you so hard and I hope you are okay. Good on you tough for not reaching for the biccy tin. Thats great. It may be tough at the mo but am sure things will sort themselves out for you soon. Think positive as all crappy things have to be equalled out with soemthing good at some point or another!

Bella - Vertigo not sorted yet. I had sme tablets from my last spell so have been taking those but may need something stronger so am at docs next Wed (for my weigh in also). Have you picked up any nice WW recepies you can share with us? Whats yur fave frozen WW meal? Have you tried the WW deserts? mmmmmm. Sounds like you got a lovley weekend planned. Enjoy ya food just try not to go OTT but you have torelax every now and then.

Bin - Sounds like you had a wicked time. Would you go see him again? Eeeee, imagine your son ended up on stage. Do you think you coul be hypnotised? Apparently some people cant. You should try the gym, if you go late on a night usually hardly anyone there (well, its like that at my gym anyway). Plus its a ladies gym so not scary at all. Do you have a ladies gym near you?

Diva - Sounds intresting - liqourice tea. I like liquorice but not tea. You have aced the walking again. Woop woop. When is next weigh in? Are you upping your miles?

Stacey - Roll on 2 weeks when you get your results.

Hiya Flutterby, Karen and anyone else I may have missed. Shere is Shelski hiding?

Tonight am off to my mates new house (the one who is getting married in 2 weeks) for a little drink and to see her new pad. Its a nice big old house. Will put my little scruffy one to shame haha. Then tomorow morning gonna hit the gym then do some shopping for mothers day in town. Got her a pic of my gran enlarged so gonna pop it in a nice frame. Then sat night the Adonis and I are having drinks in the house (but remaining healthy on the grub unlike last weekend) then we hope to go look round the shops on Sunday. Got the kids tonight and tomorow day too.

Oh, I opted for a diffrent dress for mates wedding. Attached below. Bit more colourful which is more me.

Have a great weekend everyone and speak to you all Monday. Lets hope I dont cave this weekend haha.

Attachments

• Oli-Satin-One-Shoulder-Sequined-Leaf-Dress~35X207FRSP.jpg
    Oli-Satin-One-Shoulder-Sequined-Leaf-Dress~35X207FRSP.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 21
Like the dress Miss Kassy, gorgeous colour !!! I keep on looking at red dresses, for some reason !!! I'm always trying new herbal teas out, but I love the Peppermint ones the best !!! Trying to decide what to cook for dinner this evening.....in an ideal ( slimmer ) World, I would like to have pizza, but that's not possible....
Trying to not eat the fridge this weekend !!! Lol !! We had Veggie Curry last night, with freshly baked Naan and it was yummy !!! Wow, all I'm talking about is food, when I really should get walking !!!!

Diva x

Bella - sounds like a lovely weekend you've got planned. Hope you have a great time :)

Kassy - that is a gorgeous dress - lovely colour! Hope you have a lovely weekend too :)

Evening to all the other ladies too! Hope you have all had a good day.

My day has been awful to say the least. I really need to get out of this job! :( Today I discovered that one of the girls who works in our Glasgow branch (who I have never met) has been telling people that I said I was going to take money from our till to get a plumber! This is because she read an email I had sent to my boss (who works in Glasgow) asking him to please look into getting a plumber out here, as we desperately need one. There was no mention of money at all in the email, so I don't know where she is getting this from! And I am seriously p'd off at her, because if she's telling other people this, and the Managing Director hears, what is he going to think! Don't get me wrong, if he phones me about it I will be telling him to look up the emaiul himself and he will see that she was lying. I don't appreciate people gossiping/spreading rumours about me and don't want to be a pushover any longer!

Then we're having problems with our kiltmakers - chasing up kilts from them that we should've had about a month ago! And now I'm the one getting all the flack from the customers who want their kilts!

I really just want to scream/cry/punch something and I'm all sore because I've been tense today :( :( :(

I've just been looking for jobs though, and there is just nothing suitable!!! I can't do full time because I have college twice a week, and most of the jobs that are out there are full time :(

I really just don't know what to do - I don't know how much more of this job I can taken! :(

Wow, sorry for that veeerrrryyyy long rant! Guess I just needed to vent to someone! xxx

Stacy sorry you have had an awful day with work, don't apologise for coming on here and having a rant, we are all here for you. Don't worry about the girl from the Glasgow branch she is probably one of those sad individuals who are only happy when they are gossiping. As you say if anyone questions it they only need to look at the email.
Are there any supermarkets or similar near where you live as they normally have a lot of staff on a part time basis, it might be worth just writing to them on the off chance.
What about a seasonal job are there any of them around.
I hope you find something as I know what it is like to be really unhappy in a job, I used to wake up every morning and felt as though I had nothing to look forward to, but I needed the money.
Have you got the weekend off?
Hope you feel better after your rant but please don't feel bad about letting off steam on here, we are all hear to listen. Take care and big hugs:) xx

bin59 said:
Stacy sorry you have had an awful day with work, don't apologise for coming on here and having a rant, we are all here for you. Don't worry about the girl from the Glasgow branch she is probably one of those sad individuals who are only happy when they are gossiping. As you say if anyone questions it they only need to look at the email.
Are there any supermarkets or similar near where you live as they normally have a lot of staff on a part time basis, it might be worth just writing to them on the off chance.
What about a seasonal job are there any of them around.
I hope you find something as I know what it is like to be really unhappy in a job, I used to wake up every morning and felt as though I had nothing to look forward to, but I needed the money.
Have you got the weekend off?
Hope you feel better after your rant but please don't feel bad about letting off steam on here, we are all hear to listen. Take care and big hugs:) xx

Thank you bin. I've had a look on all their websites, but none advertising locally just now. Might chance sending a CV off, but most of the supermarkets are now online applications. Im thinking of writing to some offices just up from my house in the industrial estate and see if they are looking for part time staff.

I've not got the whole weekend off - I'm in on my own tomorrow :( just hope it's not going to be a stressful day tomorrow! Or I may actually just have to scream!

Thanks again for listening and responding :) xxx

Back