Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

Kassy, welcome back :)
Glad you had a Good hol, 5lbs is not bad at all!!!

Nothing much to catch up on, so if you did read back wouldn't take long.
Me n bin posting while diva away, now diva has joined us again. But been very quiet in here.
Bin doing very long walk Sunday, think 26 miles?
Diva eaten all the choc in England and keeps boasting about sunshine in USA! Lol
I'm doing cd, on and off eeeek!
Have a great weekend :) xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Everyone!

I started trying to loose some weight ages ago and got disheartened when i was gaining or STS, but with the help of my friends I started back around 2/3 weeks ago and it was all good but now i have just found myself back to where i started and thats eating crappy food and not exercising the way i was.
does anyone have any tips or advice they could give me... again!!??
im desperate to shift this weight but I just get so bored so easily.

Morning Girls,

Completed the 26.5 mile walk yesterday started at 6.30am and arrived at the finish at 3.45pm had a couple of stops for a sandwich and plastering feet to help stop the blisters! I must be getting older as I was finding some of the steeper hills really hard this year, the weather was fantastic a lot of people got sunburnt (am lucky I tend to just go brown). As the weather was so good the views from the top of the cliffs were fantastic only got 1 blister and legs ache a bit now and so will be taking work easy today:) Hoping loads of money was raised for local hospice which is what yesterday was all about. Great Day:)

Welcome back Kassy hope you had a great time let us know all about it:)

Hi Nichola I think we all have been in the same boat where we get really disheartened if the scales dont show a loss I know I had a few weeks where I either STS or put on, lost a tiny bit then the next week would put on again. I am doing SW and a couple of weeks ago I started to write everything down I ate and I lost 2lb that week. This thread is really good as the others are really supportive whether you have a good week or a dissapointing week so keep posting.

Hello Zest, Diva and the other girls hope you have a good Monday:)xxx

Hiya everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.

Bin - Well done on that HUGE walk. Pleased the weather was nice for you. Sounds like a great day, very early start tho. For a good cause too. Will do your Karma the worls of good hehe.

Nichola - I know exactly where you are coming from, its so dishartening when the scales dont move but a STS or half a pund down is better than a gain and it does all add up in the end. I also write down everything I eat and when I am at my best I tend not to eat over 1400 calories a day and watch my fat intake (no more than 30g of fat a day) and try to work out atleast 3 days a week (nothing too strenious but burn around 400-500 calories in the hour that I am there). This usualy gives me a steady loss of 2lb a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I think its important to mix your foods up, try new things and flavours and eat slow and enjoy your food. I am loving sorbet at the mo. Dead low on fat and not to bad for calories. I prefer calorie counting as it had very little restrictions. I think Diva is a fan of this too. Stick at it and you will get there.

Zesty - Cant remember if this is you or not - but did you say you always watch a programme called I used to be fat? I cant remember if it was you. Just I was watching it all yesterday afternoon and one of those trainers (the one with the tattos) is sooooo yummy and I was thinking am sure Zesty told us about this guy????

Diva - Hehehehe, so did you get your chocky and bread fix while in the UK? I wish we had your weather over here.

Well, today is my official re-start and am aiming to hit that 10st goal for Turkey in October and am starting at 11.5 and a half pound. Not too bad coz ive ate loads since I come home (must of been having ariound 2500 calories a day) but still dropped 1 and a half pound since i got back off holiday. Dunno how the hell I managed that but its a plus! Watch, the scales will show a gain next week if its delayed by a week :( Hope not!!!!!

Oooooh, did anyone watch the Brit Got Talent finals? My money was on the dog and I was soooo chuffed that they won. I was screaming the house down haha.

xxx

Helllllllooooooo !!!!

Well done bin on your walk..... I think I would be weeping at the end of it !!!! And probably vowing to never do it again !!! Lol !!!

Kassy, welcome back, I think we must chat too much on here, as it goes all quiet when we are away !!! ROFL !!!!
Yes, I did eat everything and am paying for it now, not with regain ( much ) but with cravings. It just reinforces my belief that for a short time it is best to give up all the naughties ( high cal foods, alcohol, etc) until I have clered my craving stage, because keeping just a little bit of it in my diet, is like some sort of torture... And leads to eating more of the damned stuff !!! Grrrrrr !!!
And, why, oh WHY, is it that as soon as I gear down to do a few good weeks, a ton of invites arrive, so loads of nice things coming up..... A posh dinner on Fri with Mr D is the first one !!! Eeeek !!! The Diva does not want to be a social butterfly but a mean old hermit living in a cave, until I've lost the next seven to ten pounds !!! Lol !!! SIGH !!!!!

Hi Nichola !!! Yep, I cal count, but for me the biggest thing is exercise, it really is the other half of the weight loss equation and though it's taken me awhile to get into the swing of things I really enjoy my walking and jogging which I recently introduced, and need to keep up !!! Mini targets, also motivate me to keep going, will power is hard to keep up at the best of times, especially if like us, you are / were a big gal with stones to lose !!! Also, I don't know if you like a tipple or two, like I did, but that was one of the things I had to rein in hard, as it was just empty cals and led to binging !! You'll see from my posts on here that I am a yoyo dieter !!!

Hiya, Zesty !!! Happy Monday, you'll be pleased to know we have thunderstorms coming here, hehe !!! Are you back in Ketosis, how on earth do you manage going to dos and stuff ??? ( I have a loads of events coming up, and I'm looking for tips to stop me inhaling the Buffet Table !!! )

Diva x

Morning,

Lovely start to the day sun is shining but I think we are due rain again this afternoon:(

Kassy Am sure you will hit your 10 stone goal ready for Turkey, it is really difficult to get back in to healthy eating when you have had a week or two of eating and drinking what you want.
Yes I watched BGT I always say am not going to watch it but then it becomes almost addictive, I wanted the Lovable Rogues to win but was not surprised the dog won as he was very sweet and good. I thought David W was really good and funny on the judging panel :)

Diva Most years during the walk usually half way up a hill I say never again, but come January when registration is open I apply again.
Enjoy your posh dinner is it at a restaurant or some ones house? If at a restaurant and not a set menu you can choose a healthy option, my main problem is the sweet menu I have a good main course and then blow it all by having the biggest gooiest chocolatey pud usually with cream:)

Must go and get ready for work:sigh: Have a good Tuesday xx

Morning ladies :)

Bin, well done on your walk, it sounds exhausting but such a good cause. Were your legs aching loads the next day?

Kassy, yes, it was me, that guy is so hot!!!
He has just got an amazing posative vibe As well. He is gorgeous isn't he :) yum !

Diva, thunder and rain, surely not! :)
How is the treadmill going? Have you hot back to where you were on the walk jog thing. ???

This cd, hmmm, it's very hard, one minute I'm in the zone, next I'm cheating. But that's me all over isn't it!

I need a hunky trainer, either of our two hot guys off tv will do :)
Xxxx

Hiya all

Diva - Did you gain much on ya jollyday? I know exactly what you mean, sometimes its just easier to stay away from stuff altogeather but its so hard when you have a social life. Sounds like yuo got lots planned. I'm the same. Most of the time I will try and aim for healthy options though rather than blow it out of the water altogeather. So hard though! Try to stick to healthy options and you will stil get the weight off (granted a tad slower) but it will come off and you not have been a hermit in the process.

Zesty (I still keep going to call you Karen hehe) - Haha, I thought it was you. He is truly yummy. If I had him as my trainer you would see amazing results haha. Some of the people on that programme have qamazing results. Dont they work out for like 6 hours a day? I wouldnt mind spensing six hours a day with him with all the tattoos haha.

Bin - I think David Walliams is hillarious too. I hope they ask him back next year. Infact, I think the full panel worked really well this time. I loved Loveable Rouges too but I think they will make the big time anyway. Love their style music. Someone told me "wheres me keys wjeres me phone" is being released into the charts this week too hahahaha.

Well, I fell at the firts hurdle yesterday. So stressful at work at the mo so caved and had sweets and biscuits then when I got home we had chippy tea and chocolate. The Adonis is struggeling to get back into the swing of things too and we are such a bad influence on each other. I have been good so far today and have planned to make a healthy stir fry for tea but all I want in junk. Grrrrrrr. Will keep you all posted how I get on. Supposed to be going back to gym tonight but not in the mood. Hope I get some magic motivation from somewhere.

Speak to you all tomorow xxx

Kassy, lol, what are you like?! I'm just like that, if I start there is no way I'm going to stop! Then in my head I think, right as I'm dieting from tomorrow I'll eat everything I want today. Trouble is I can eat huge amounts of crap and I just go mad!!!

Btw, where's Bella got to? We are a shrinking group, in numbers not in lbs !!!
Except bin of course :)

Xxx

Zest for Life said:
Kassy, lol, what are you like?! I'm just like that, if I start there is no way I'm going to stop! Then in my head I think, right as I'm dieting from tomorrow I'll eat everything I want today. Trouble is I can eat huge amounts of crap and I just go mad!!!

Btw, where's Bella got to? We are a shrinking group, in numbers not in lbs !!!
Except bin of course :)

Xxx

Oh and yeah, that trainer i could spend 6 hrs a day with him, no problem! X

Hi Kassy, I regained 4 lbs ( shocked it wasn't 14 lbs, I ate VERY badly and drank !!) so a jollyhollyday in that respect, lol !!
Lost a pound last week.....had a few slip ups over the weekend ( Champagne and Beer !! Hell Yeah !!) Yesterday was a really good day, going to try and get to Friday's Big Meal ( posh restaurant, decadent food choices...mmmmm) and then kinda be strict and exercise my butt off until the next do. Just scared one day off for a special event ( they ALL seem to be food and drinks related !!) will lead to two, or three days awol...stuffing the face !!! Grrrrrr !!!

Diva x

Hiya lovley ladies

Yeah, where is our lovley Bella and Stacey?????????? COME BACK GIRLS!!!!

Diva - great on the pound loss. 4lb is good going - not too bad at all ffor holiday weight gain.

Zest - How have you got on today. You still doing the CD? How long will you do it for?

Well I fell off the wagon AGAIN last night. I just cant focus at all. Its a nightmare.

We have just booked a nice weekend away to Carlisle in a posh hotel on 22nd June so I wanna try be dead good until then. It'll be a year exectly on that date till we get married so we are going away for the weekend to celebrate hehe. Managed to get it half price so am chuffed :)

Ive been good so far today but some bugger at work has bought some cherry bakewell tarts so am trying to resist them. Then tonight I think we are going for a walk to the resiviour rather then the gym as we still not in the mood for that. I'm just treating all this as easing myself back in rather than jumping in full throttle haha. Hope I'm back to being good soon though as overeating really gets me down in the long run. Fells good for a few minutes then I feel like pap.

Annyhoo, rant over, hope you all having a good day and Hi to Bin.

Speak soon xxx

Afternoon Girlies :)
Sorry I haven’t been that great in replying recently, my internet has been down & it wouldn’t even work on my iphone. I felt like my arm was cut off! :( lol.
I feel like i’m getting back on the straight & narrow now though.. or so I hope!

BIN59 – Hey! Yes, surely everyone goes through this too. I think that is a good idea about writing a food diary, I am starting to also jot down what im eating.
How has the scales been for you recently?

Miss_Kassy – I’m glad that you all know and understand where i’m coming from. Oh thats quite interesting, I have an app for my phone & it works like a calorie counter/food diary, as I am trying to follow the SW plan I use it only for the food diary. I also try to go out walking and do as much exercise as I can however so weeks I will do more than the other.
My friends say that its important to mix your foods when dieting although I don’t like many vegetables which stops me from being able to eat a nice, healthy salad, even though it looks yummy – its a nightmare! lol.
How is your journey going so far?! Do you have a food diary on this?

Viva La Diva – HeyHey! :) yeah, everyone is saying that exercise is definitely the key to success! Just finding the time & energy is the secret! Lol. I think i will start making myself mini-targets and if I successfully meet my target I will reward myself with something new, maybe? How easy would it be to buy some willpower, it would be the answer to most of our questions! Lol.. yes, i’m only 21 so i like to get out and enjoy myself when i can, and i will be honest when i go out i usually try to eat free foods during the day and don’t usually count the syns when i go out but be on plan the next day 110%.

Thank you for all your support girls, you have made me a little more positive today! :)

Morning all

Nichola - Hey you have a HUGE advantage to losing weight - being 21 you should be able to lose quite easily. It slows down the older you get. I'm 31 and can notice a huge diffrence already. Shame you dont like much vedge. Not even medeteranien vedge like peppers, asparagus, courgettes, aubagine? They are lush rosted or made into ratatouli and will be free on SW I think. Defo start with the food diary, really helps. I used to keep a diary on here but goodness knows where the thread is at. I did keep one for a short time at the start of this thread so maybe have a peek back at the beginning for ideas. My journet has been a rollercoaster and have had my struggles (which I am having now grrrrr) but when I started back in Nov 2010 I was just over 15 and a half st. I'm now 11 and a half and want to get down to 10. Its been tough going and its took a while (saying that I have maintained at around 11.7 for almost a year now) but if you stick it at it goes to show it can be done. I mainly calorie count and sometimes go to gym (which am hoping to get back into next week) and have had spells of SW, etc, but calorie conting works best for me. You can do it hun, stick with us as we really do help each other and you get some great tips.

Well gals, Ive still been crap and am in full blown binge mode. See, it happens to us all at some point or another!!!!! (I was a bit of a golden girl at dieting at one point wasn't I Diva - whats happened? hehe). I have a load of chocky and sweets at work with me today to keep me going and plan to binge my head off until Monday. Hopefully get it out my system and start all new and shiney!!!! Thats the plan. But wasnt that my plan last week too? Yes! I just cant get back in the swing at all. Its getting me rite down too coz I cried on the Adonis (thats by fiance btw Nichola) for a full hour last night. I dont feel like me but havnt the strength or mind power to stop with ther food at the mo. Its an awful feeling. When it comes to the end of the days it all hits me what I have ate and I crash big time. I am gonna stop being to hard on myself though, enjoy the next few days of induldgenece and then get back to the optimistic bouncy golden girl of the diet world. Being down just isnt me, as am such a happy go lucky person (as you know). Reet, another rant over. 2 in 2 days. Not good!

Anyone got any good uplifting stories to tell? Brighten this thread up?

Did yous watch Secreat Eaters last night on Channel 4? Was dead good. Gave some great tips. I really like that woman that presented it. i think she has been through it all like most of us. Goes to show if you dont keep a food diary how much you can end up over eating. I am to scared to keep ione this week but will stick to mine religiously come Monday.

Crikey, this is the longest post I have done in a while hehe.

PS. Ive changed my signature AGAIN to reflect starting on monmday and this time I WILL stick to it!

Speak soon ladies xxxx

Morning All !! It's the curse of the Holidays, Kassy !!! I think you are just like me, this is my second week of struggling, it seems my body still wants to be on it's hols, and is having none of my brain saying all the rational things...... Plodding along one day at a time, so maybe four good days this week will give me a STS.... I think I need to lay down a firm mini target as I was super good before I went away as I had a deadline to aim for.....

How is everybody else ?? We are missing some ladies, aren't we ??? I'm at home today, so I'm heading out into the garden, to do some weeding and stuff in the sunshine !! Then it's full steam ahead for some housework later, how exciting!!

Diva x

Hey ladies :) I lost 5lbs this week, yay!!!:)

Kassy, what's going on, your usualy naughty at the weekends and holidays but get right into it during the week! It's so hard isn't it. It has to click in your head, sometimes it's there and other times it's miles away!! x

Bin, how's your legs??? I would havd slept for a week after that walk! Did they raise much money?

Diva, your my hero, don't let that uk visit ruin all your hard work !

Nicola, welcome to the group, 21, nice age, I'd love to be 21 again!!!
Get a grip now, don't waste your 20's being overweight!

I don't know what's happened to the other ladies, but hey we got s new member now, so still a few of us left :)

Kassy no stories, your usually the one with the nutty stories lol

God ladies, I am shattered today! Zzzzzzz
Xxx

Well done Zesty !!! I'm glad someone is losing, because it isn't me at the mo !! Just finished two hours of weeding, pruning, garden stuff and just sat down with my Breakfast, a big old green smoothie and a bottle of water...gee ...I feel deprived...it's crazy isn't it. Why do I give food so much power in my life ?? Grrrrr !!! At least my garden looks fab !! Hehe!!
I love staying in Hotels, even for just the weekend or something, it really is a nice break..... I keep on looking at sunny holidays for Sep/ Oct time as I would love to jet off somewhere hot and just sit on the beach, etc. I love swimming in the sea....

Right back to drinking my green stuff...it's full of...well green things that are good for you !!!

Diva x

Ladies hellooooooooooooooooooooo! :wavey:

I'm so sorry I haven't been on this thread for a while! I've got my biology higher exam next Wednesday, and have been busy buying lots of new things for moving up to Aberdeen! I've just had so much to do, and am still doing lots and lots of revision for my exam. Can't believe that next week all my hard work for the past year will come to an end! :party0049: I've also only got 9 weeks on Monday until I hand my notice in to work - I was going to leave at the end of August originally, but have decided to leave a month earlier to give myself plenty of time to spend with my friends and family and to get myself organised before the big move!

Kassy - welcome back from your holiday! Sorry to hear that you've been off the wagon recently - don't worry about it though, you are so good at getting back on it, and I have no doubt that you will very soon :)

Bin - wow what an amazing walk - you must be sore after that!

Zesty - woooo well done on losing 5lbs :) That is fantastic!

Diva - you do like your gardening don't you? :) At least you obviously get the right weather to do it! It has been raining all day here - completely miserable and puts you on such a downer :(

I hope Bella is ok - haven't seen her posting her lately?

Hello to all the other lovely ladies on here - I hope you are doing good!

I will hopefully be getting on here more often now that my exam is nearly out of the way :) xxx

Back