Miss Kassy Getting Sassy (Re-Start)

That's great Flutterby, welcome to my gang! Lol Have you got your head round it yet? My first week was a bit overwhelming but got used to it now. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. How's your group and leader?

Well my night turned out to be brilliant! I had such fun, got talking to loads of men and there were two that were keen on my mates so kept on buying us drinks all night! They even bought a bottle of verve cliquot too! It's safe to say I was very drunk and feeling a little bit fragile this morning! I went way over my points so going to have to be very careful for the rest of the week!

Here is the recipe for the banana and apricot muesli muffins I made. They're 4 pro points each. Kassy, I read that 1 pro point is approx 40 cals so you're looking at about 160 per muffin.

Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Makes 12
V

250g (9oz) self raising flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100g (3 1/2 oz) caster sugar
2 ripe bananas, mashed
50g (1 3/4 oz) low fat spread, melted
150g (5 1/2 oz) low fat plain yogurt
100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) skimmed milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 x 411g can apricot halves in natural juice, drained and chopped
40g (1 1/2 oz) muesli

1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200 degrees/fan oven 180 degrees. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 muffin cases
2. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl then stir in the sugar
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, melted low fat spread, yogurt, skimmed milk and egg
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until just combined. Unlike with a regular cake mixture this should look slightly lumpy, not smooth, and there may be a few small pockets of flour.
5. Gently stir in the apricots. Make sure that you don't over-mix the muffin batter or the finished muffins will be tough and chewy.
6. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling each case almost to the top. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the muesli then bake in the oven for 20 mins or until the muffins are risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
7. Cool in the tin for 5 mins to allow the muffins to firm up slightly. Remove them and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.

Try this:
To make the muffins with a tropical twist, replace the canned apricots with a 227g can of pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained and patted dry on kitchen paper. The pro points value will be the same.

Muffins freeze well (and also go stale if stored in a cake tin, so it's best to freeze them instead). Store in a sealed plastic food bag. To defrost, heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds on full power. (remember to take the wrapper off first....I forgot and almost blew up the microwave!!!!)

Morning gals !!! Did you have a good weekend ??? We know Bella30 had a VERY good weekend !!! Hehe !!! Party gurllll !!!

I was out and about doing a great Creek Walk yesterday, the weather was perfect for it and I think we covered in total like 5 miles !! We are expecting temps in the early to mid 90's this week, so I'll be walking outside early, and if I'm too busy to fit that in, I'll be Treadmilling to clock up those miles !!

I really want to do some baking, I like the sound of that recipe for scrummy Muffins, but I don't know if I can be trusted not to eat like two or three of them, AND I got a STS this week, so booo !!! Hehe !!!

Flutterby3, don't feel overwhelmed, it was a good step to join a group for support, take it one day at a time, write out some mini goals AND write out a list of positive things about yourself that you like ALREADY. I do this sometimes when I feel down, you know, like when all you do is put yourself down. I can't do this, I'm not good at that, blah, blah. Write down your successes, like I'm good at cooking, I passed that exam, I'm good at listening, I have great organisational skills, etc, etc. Sounds REALLY stupid, I know, but it does help......

Have a good week, girlies !!!

Diva x

I've had a great weekend! Lol sounds like you've been busy, Diva. Well done on the walking! I've even keeping to my promise of staying active this week. Did a 3 mile walk on Saturday, just over 4 miles on sunday (was needed after all that booze!) and did a 7 mile run/walk this evening! Am so flippin' chuffed with myself! Wasn't planned either -my sister text me at 5.15 this evening asking if I fancied it so I said yes! We walked round a place called pitsford reservoir. There were other runners, cyclists and walkers out too so was a lovely way to spend a Monday evening and clear my headache from a very stressful day!

Diva, try the muffins, theyre lush! :)

Hope everyone's ok xx

Hi everyone x am up for the challenge Bella :) am sticking with this plan this time yay ! About time lol
How u doing miss k x so exciting all the wedding plans :)
Hope everyone else is gd :)

Hey girlies :)

just popped on to say I thought I was going to have a gain this week as I wasn't on plan 100% for every day but still managed to loose 3lb this week, super happy bcos its my star week also! woho! :) ..mega mood today, it has cheered me right up! Hope everyone else is doing well & happy with their results. xx

Nichola.. :)

Nichola you sound so happy in your post!
3lb really good :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Bella, your getting well into this now!!!
What's going on with your Internet dating thing??? Or you just boozing these days?! Lol oh to be young and single!
You must of sweated out all the booze with your long walks, so hope you get decent weight loss xxx

Kassy why you being naughty???
You should be setting the example here! Bubble galaxy!!! You finished totm now so you need to find a different excuse xxx!!!

I'm queen of excuses so interested to see which one you pick!
X

Hello Ladies,

Have not been around for a while few things going on. Have had a quick flick through posts but will have a good read through later on.

Lovely to see you back Flutterby3, Katie Rose and Nichola.:)

Hello Zesty, Kassy, Bella and Diva hope you are all doing well:)

Isle of Wight festival on Friday so it will be 2 1/2 days of drinking loads and partying!! love it:D. Weather does not look too good at the moment but keeping fingers crossed.

Will try and have a good read of your posts and get back on later. Have a good Wednesday xxxx

Hi bin :) enjoy your festival!!! I need to get to a festival never been! Sounds like fun :)

Hi to everyone else, Its sunny here yay :)

Waiting for kassy to find her galaxy excuse! Hmmm!!!!

Hiya all

I had a day off work Monday then at dentist yesterday hence why I havnt founf the time to pop online until now and am swamped at work so just had to have a quick scan over posts.

Zesty - My excuse wat that it was only 170 calories and didnt push me over the edge with my calorie intake hehehehehe. Plus it tastes sooooooo good. How have you been?

Nichola - Well done on the loss - I think we have our new golden girl people hehe.

Bin - good to see you back, looking forward to a gud catch up.

Bella - Thanks for recepie. I'll let you know how I get on with the baking.

Flutterby - I think you'l like WW as I find its easier than SW and lots of food variety.

Big hola to the rest of you and hope you are all well.

I hate doing quick posts. Like a good bit crack on here.

I still aint got to gym, been so busy. Were off to Carlisle this weekend so went shopping last night and got a sexy little black dress with a lace back (ive got my control black tights to go under it hehe), some skinny jeans and a lush beige swing top from New Look. So am all kitted out for the weekend now.

My food eating hasnt been good but it hasnt been bad either. Its just been 'normal', but I did consume an awful amount of vino over the weekend - at a Christening on Sunday you see. Any excuse for me haha.

I'll be 'lax' over weekend as want to make the most of being away and get my fry up included on a morning, then its back to being mega strict Monday wehn we back and back to gym Tuesday.

So much going on and its so hard to stick to being good but i still havnt totally caved and went OTT which is main thing.

Reet, off to do some work. Happy Wednesday everyone xxxx

Hiya everyone

How are you all today. Weather pants here today. Boo hiss!

Had another trip shopping last night and got the Adonis some nice new threads. So he's gonna look extra handsom this weekend in Carlisle haha. Cant wait for our mini break away.

Went to Buffet King for tea last night like. Its an all you can eat chinease restaurant and its lush. Tell you summit tho, I cant eat half as much as I used to. Was a bit dissapointed in myself to be fair. Had about 4 duck pancakes and a plat of diffrent things but really didnt manage that much at all. I need to go when I'm drunk - then I'd defo get my moneys worth.

Weve got the kids tonight, hence why still cant get to gym, so defo next week for us now but we are really looking forward to it and keen to start it again. Hopefully then i'll see a loss but maintaining nice for now so not all bad. Its the gains I gotta watch out for.

What do you all have planned this weekend? xxx

Hi Miss Kassy and everyone,

Can I join the party please? I am back at SW with 3 1/2 stone to loose, know I am going to do it this time as I am not rushing and taking it slow and steady. Love your attitude. I have just turned 30 and cracking it for good this time so that I don't spend the next 30 years with the same issues as in the past.

I weigh in on Wednesdays with SW.
Have a good week everyone!

Bonnie

Hiya Bonnie and a huge welcome to our little gang. We love newbies hehe.

Sounds like you have a great attitude and I know you can do it. I'm with you too on the being 30 (well, i'm 31) and not spending the next 30 years like I have spent the previous lot haha. We can do this!!!! hehe.

Good luck and join in for regular gossiping on here. If you need to vent, rant, cry, scream we are always here. (Well, I cant get on here on a weekend but I do try to come on once a day when I am at work.

xxx

Hello Ladies,

Kassy hope you have a really good weekend away with the Adonis. Hope weather gets better over weekend it is pants here to today aswell sunny but really heavy showers. I love those eat all you can Chinese places but like you I find I can't eat as much as I used to unless it is choccolate then there is no stopping me!!!!!

Zest you should try and get to a festival I love it, ok I don't camp think I am to old now, like my home comforts to much hot shower and comfy bed hehe. How are you doing?

Hellooo Bonnie and welcome, I am doing SW my weigh in is Thurs, do you go to group or do it on line. Like you I am taking it slowly, my weight is in no hurry to go this time, certainly am taking the scenic route to my destination. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Just been shopping and got myself a pair of pink,purple,orange and mauve spotty wellies:D to wear at the festival looking at the weather forecast think I may need them. I know I will gain over weekend as I tend to follow the liquid diet, but plenty of jumping up and down (can't call it dancing!) to the music.

Hello Bella, Katierose, Flutterby, Diva and Nichola hope you are all ok

Have a great weekend everyone xxxx

Hi gals, I'm plodding along here, not doing as much as I like, plus I have got some doc's appointments next week and in like three weeks, a little minor op ( I'm not ill, just a recurring prob, that stops the walking / exercise for a week or two grrrrr!!)

I have one word for you, gals about today...... SCORCHIO !!! Hehe !!! I love where I live !!! It's hitting 97 today, woop, woop !!! I love the heat, though it stays pretty warm at night, around 80 at like 11 pm last night !!! Thank gawd, for the AC !!!

I've been playing around with my new phone (IPhone 4S ) a surprise pressie from Mr D, trying to get some good apps on it , including walking and exercise ones, I need all the help I can get !! Hehe !!!!

Diva x

Wow VLD you lucky thing, it is a mingy 11degrees (c) where I am and there is a hair-frizzing, chilly drizzle in the air. Makes you want BREAD!

Hi girls

Just a really quick post to let you all know I lost 4lbs at my weigh in last night! Yaaaay! Great start to my challenge and feeling really good for it. I'll come back over the weekend and catch up with you - have a busy day ay work which I'm not looking forward to, but I guess it's the perks of the new job (will fill you in later).

Have a good day

Xx

Hi all

Bin - Those wellies sound amazing. You are gonna look the bomb at the festival hehe. Hope you have an amazing time at the festival, is it this weekend? Have you been watching the Euro?

Bella - Wholy moley, that AMAZING. Well done lass. Thats such a great start and I bet its really focused you. I need some of your motivation!

Diva - Crikey, I soooo envy where you live. Plus you have that garden to chillax in. Hahahaha, slush puppes - love them! They amazing when you are hungover haha.

Bonnie - Its same here too - minging! I'm gonna look a frizzy mess during this weekend away. Oh well, a few bevvies and I will think I look the bees knees hahahaha.

We had one of those mixed souvalakis with chips for tea last night - pitta wrap, tandori chicken and kebeb meat - with lashings of garlic sauce. Was soooooo lush. My dodgy scales say am 3lb heavier today tho. Crikey! That cant be right. I aint been that bad!!!! They broke annyhoo so am not gonna let it get to me. Gonna enjoy my break away and have to seriously focus when I return.

Still want a stone off for Turkey so it will be 14 weeks on Monday so even if I lose a pound a week i'll make it.

Have a great weekend everyone and i'll be back on Monday to hear all about your weekends and tell you how Carlisle was xxx

Back