Miss Mac diary - A fresh start!

Yes Miss Mac you will be wearing those summer dresses this year so no getting off track. Love all this firm encouragement on here tonight. x

My sister has just rang to see if i want to go out for a meal on my birthday!
She says i know you want to lose weight and everything and didn't really want to do anything for your birthday so i thought it would be nice to go out for a meal instead!! Lol . She is lovely but so silly sometimes!

Anyway i said its a lovely idea but could i decide nearer the time. Told her that I'm doing ok on the diet and if i am still doing ok in february then i would just like to carry on but if i fall off or decide i need a night off then i would love to go out for a meal.

So thats the plan. Stay on plan and don't go or if i happen to fall off or decide to have a night off then i will go.
I have even thought about going and just drinking diet coke and let them eat. I would be ok with that but not sure they would!
If i did eat though the place we would go to has a section on the menu that does meals for under 500 cals so i could still be half good!

On the plus side our little phone chat took my mind off food and im fine again now :)

Plan is to stay on plan though until 17th may :)

In bed made it through another day 100% :)

Well done MM. Can see you're still doing fantastically!

Your TS day = your totally superb day :)

Well done for resisting Miss Mac :D

Week 4

Day 23

Nearing the end of the last full week in january.
Im off this weekend too so some nice long lie ins will make those 2 days go quicker at least.

Its been a busy week this week for one reason or another and i will be pleased when its the weekend.

Thank you for all your lovely responses, the encouragement is most welcome and really does help get me through :)

Week 4

Day 23

Nearing the end of the last full week in january.
Im off this weekend too so some nice long lie ins will make those 2 days go quicker at least.

Its been a busy week this week for one reason or another and i will be pleased when its the weekend.

Thank you for all your lovely responses, the encouragement is most welcome and really does help get me through :)

Well done MissM that's a fab run :)

You're doing brilliantly hun! Well done for avoiding food. When is your birthday? Deciding about going out for a meal nearer the time is probably a good idea as you just never know how you're going to feel from one day to the next on a diet like this. Have a great day hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I agree with twinkle. See how you feel closer to your Birthday about how you want to celebrate it. Hope your day has been good. Nice rest at the weekend to look forward to x

End of another 100% day.

However today i win worst mother of the year award!!

Going on holiday first week in june with my son. Now with recent changes by those that know best, this isnt entirely allowed as i would be taking my son out of school in term time.

My reasoning is
1 i can only afford to go abroad outside of school holidays
2 son is in year 9 and while i recognise ALL of school is important, this is the last year i could take him out of school without it having a major impact on his education
3 this may actually be the last holiday we get as mother and son to create memories as year 10 and 11 are gcse years. When he is finished them he will be 17 and will probably want to go on a boys holiday, then he will meet a girl and will go on holidays with her. So this holiday is really important to me.

Now for worst mother bit...... My son is worried about taking the time out of school incase he misses anything important!!!
He is having talks at the minute about his options and the teachers are also talking about coursework for gcse's. This is making him panic and worry that he will miss something or not be able to catch up with something on his return.

I love that he is so conscientious but hate that he is worrying so much about school.

I have told him i will ring school and ask them if he would miss taking his options, miss any gcse work or miss anything vital. Problem is i cant really do that as i shouldn't be taking him out!

Are there any high school teachers who know any of this or anyone have any advice on what i can do please (except cancel the holiday of course which is a last resort)

Sorry for rambling!!

Oh, that's very difficult Miss Mac, and I hope that someone can answer your question soon :)

Well done on another 100% day :D

End of another 100% day.

However today i win worst mother of the year award!!

Going on holiday first week in june with my son. Now with recent changes by those that know best, this isnt entirely allowed as i would be taking my son out of school in term time.

My reasoning is
1 i can only afford to go abroad outside of school holidays
2 son is in year 9 and while i recognise ALL of school is important, this is the last year i could take him out of school without it having a major impact on his education
3 this may actually be the last holiday we get as mother and son to create memories as year 10 and 11 are gcse years. When he is finished them he will be 17 and will probably want to go on a boys holiday, then he will meet a girl and will go on holidays with her. So this holiday is really important to me.

Now for worst mother bit...... My son is worried about taking the time out of school incase he misses anything important!!!
He is having talks at the minute about his options and the teachers are also talking about coursework for gcse's. This is making him panic and worry that he will miss something or not be able to catch up with something on his return.

I love that he is so conscientious but hate that he is worrying so much about school.

I have told him i will ring school and ask them if he would miss taking his options, miss any gcse work or miss anything vital. Problem is i cant really do that as i shouldn't be taking him out!

Are there any high school teachers who know any of this or anyone have any advice on what i can do please (except cancel the holiday of course which is a last resort)

Sorry for rambling!!

I understand that he's worried but surely they have to work around these things I mean what if he were actually really ill for that week?? Surely they'd have to work round it?

Hi MM. I used to take my boys out of school to go on holiday up to year 9 and the school were always OK about it.

Hi MM. I used to take my boys out of school to go on holiday up to year 9 and the school were always OK about it.

Yeah schools used to have a discretion policy of allowing you to take up to 10 term time days off ususlly as long as attendance was high and school work was up to date and the child agreed to catch up on return.
New government rules have taken this discretionary away from schools and now its just outright not allowed.
Got a letter end of last year to say dont ask for holidays as it will ALWAYS be a no without exception!

I understand that he's worried but surely they have to work around these things I mean what if he were actually really ill for that week?? Surely they'd have to work round it?

Yes this is what i said however after some digging it turns out that i think the school is doing a bit of scare mongering with the children to make them not want to come out of school and to tell their parents such.
This is the first year with the new rule and i don't for one second think I'm the only parent doing it!

Back