miss r's SS/SS+ diary.

Day 14

Well I started the day with chicken and mushroom soup. It was ok, I will try it again.
Then I went to get weighed........I lost 3lbs!
I was a bit disappointed with that, I was hoping for 5lbs, but then I came back and weighed 3lbs of stuff and it was quite heavy, so i'm not so disappointed now.
I will not give up, next week I intend to lose more. I'll have to be extra careful with my SS+ meal portions. Just enjoyed my final shake of the day, toffee and walnut, warm yum yum

Felt hungry and tired tonight so ate 2 big mushrooms (nothing added) ate 1 raw, 1 microwaved.
Not good but I had to eat something.
Tired again tonight.
Tomorrow I'm thinking of making omelette arnold bennett. (well without cheese, smoked haddock etc.) I have some eggs and haddock so might try that. Perhaps will use 1 egg and small amount haddock.
I am hungry tonight.

Day 15
Feeling less tired and hungry today (been feeling tired for 2 days)
Got lots of housework done today, as was behind on it due to tiredness.

Started the day by having a bar, had it in 2 halves as find it very sweet to have in one go. Only because I had no clean cups!!
Cups are clean now.
Looking forward to my next meal.

Hi there miss-r,

Just wanted to say thanks for posting, have been reading your diary - you've been doing really well, a stone gone in just two weeks! I probably spent about six weeks getting to that point when I was doing the Slimming World diet.

I'm just starting SS after being on the 1200 plan for a week (lost 7lbs in that week), so hoping I can cope without food.

Would be great if I could lose 14lbs in two weeks!

Toria xxx

Hi there miss-r,

Just wanted to say thanks for posting, have been reading your diary - you've been doing really well, a stone gone in just two weeks! I probably spent about six weeks getting to that point when I was doing the Slimming World diet.

I'm just starting SS after being on the 1200 plan for a week (lost 7lbs in that week), so hoping I can cope without food.

Would be great if I could lose 14lbs in two weeks!

Toria xxx

Hi toria thanks, I appreciate your message.

I was a little bit disappointed at first with 3lb loss but as you say 1 stone in 2 weeks is very good!!

I tried weight watchers a couple of times in the past couple of years but I lost 2lbs at the very most a week, usually less, and some weeks I put on.

Well done on your 7lb loss!!!!
I'm sure you'll cope fine on SS, I should have done something like 1200 before I started on cambridge. I went from eating loads to Sole Source.

Look forward to seeing how you get on. I haven't really read many cambridge diet diaries over past couple of days, been tired!!

Good luck toria!! xxx

Day 15
For my next meal I had a cappucino shake with ice.

I try and have meals at 12, 3, SS+ meal at 6, last meal at 9. (breakfast is late as I don't work at present, I get up about 9-10am usually and i'm not hungry for a while.)

For my SS+ meal I have just had a mushroom omelette, I'm surprised i'm not fed up of that yet, had it a few times this week. Won't have it tomorrow. I used a big flat mushroom cut up. Microwaved it for a minute or so to soften it (too hungry to wait for it to cook in pan) make omelette and throw it on. Added some coriander not sure if it goes but I ate it all so must have been ok.
I had 2 jellybeans today. whoops.

Tomorrow I think i'l have some chicken.
I'm finding I plan my next days meal before i've even eaten todays. I suppose its because I look forward to it!
Will have to get some SS+ meal ideas especially for chicken.

Not feeling so tired today.

Hi Miss-R, glad to see you're doing well. Yeah, jellybeans can be sneaky little things, can't they! ;)
Anyway, I think I may also try and omelette for tomorrow afternoon. Will have to see how I feel when I get up after nightshift.
Hope you're having a good evening. :)

Day 16
Well I started the day with a bar again for convenience. This time I tried the cranberry bar. I wasn't expecting to like it much but it is my favourite bar so far!!
Had it with fizzy water.

Later on I had a toffee and walnut shake (Cold with ice) its the first cold shake i've had in a couple of days. I lived off cold shakes to begin with but now I like to have them warm mostly, maybe its the cooler weather. (well its still perfectly nice weather here but not boiling hot.)

I tried my TU trousers on again.
Before I started the diet I could get them right up but could not get the button done up. Now I can!!
They are still too tight on the waistband to wear for the day, my stomach bulges out a bit, but I can do the button up. Very pleased!

I'm looking forward to my SS+ meal later.
I'm thinking of having quorn soon, been looking for ideas. I have some quorn mince in the freezer. What to do??
Tonight I will probably have a courgette frittata. Wonder what herbs and spices I could add.

Yesterday I bought a funnel so I can add water flavourings easily to a bottle without spilling it everywhere.
Be warned if you use fizzy water when you use the water flavourings it fizzes up, so drink a bit out first/or less it become less fizzy, unless you want spillage all over your kitchen like I did the first time.

Just had my courgette omelette with dried mixed herbs very nice
Still hungry but nevermind.
Looking forward to later shake.

Hi Miss-R, how are you? Sounds like you're doing really well. It's great about your trousers! Not long and they'll be dropping off you! :)

Yes, I found out about the fizzy water and flavouring too late too! LOL. It does taste lovely with the flavouring, doesn't it. I imagine that I'm drinking cooldrink instead of water.

Mmm, the fritata/omelette sounded nice. What herbs did you use, if you don't mind me asking? I'm planning an omelette tomorrow, but not sure what to put in it as I'm allergic to mushrooms. Mmm, will have to think about that one.

Anyway, have a great evening. :)

Hi Miss-R, how are you? Sounds like you're doing really well. It's great about your trousers! Not long and they'll be dropping off you! :)

Yes, I found out about the fizzy water and flavouring too late too! LOL. It does taste lovely with the flavouring, doesn't it. I imagine that I'm drinking cooldrink instead of water.

Mmm, the fritata/omelette sounded nice. What herbs did you use, if you don't mind me asking? I'm planning an omelette tomorrow, but not sure what to put in it as I'm allergic to mushrooms. Mmm, will have to think about that one.

Anyway, have a great evening. :)

Hi tessie

How are you today?

I used 'dried mixed herbs' in a tub, I got the very cheap ones incase I don't like mixed herbs but I found out I do!
I'm not sure if you have to soak them in a tsp of water?? but they rehydrated in the omelette anyway.
I also had courgette with them, thin slices, I microwaved them first but you could soften them in a pan. And black pepper!!

I'm not sure what you could have, I can't even remember what we are supposed to have apart from courgette, mushrooms and cauliflower!!
Hope you are ok today :):)

Day ?
I've lost count!! That is a good sign for me as i'm clearly not counting the days, just taking it a day at a time.
Think it is day 17

I have just fallen off the wagon, bit of a blip.
Had a bar for breakfast, all was fine then later I started making cottage cheese mushrooms that I have read about on here, but instead of using 225g very low fat cottage cheese, I used 300g and used 2 large portabello mushrooms (suppose 1 would have been about right?). One was with chopped coriander and black pepper, nice, other was with paprika and B.P. (Not much a fan of that one but still ate it)

And then the worst bit, I had a mini flake I found in the fridge (I never put it in there, but its my fault I ate it)

Whoops. Feel a bit bad but I don't want to get into the binge/guilt/binge cycle. (I've done that too many times in my life)
I will put it behind me and carry on. 1 blip does not mean i've failed.
I will split my pack into 2 tonight and have 2 packs altogether today, instead of 3. (not ideal I know but got to do something.)
Any words of advice appreciated.

I think my boyfriend is going to be disappointed as he's been so pleased for me, I am doing this diet for me but I don't want to let him down. He says he is proud of me, and that i've done so well. Will tell him later and tell him not to leave choc in the fridge again

Hi tessie

How are you today?

I used 'dried mixed herbs' in a tub, I got the very cheap ones incase I don't like mixed herbs but I found out I do!
I'm not sure if you have to soak them in a tsp of water?? but they rehydrated in the omelette anyway.
I also had courgette with them, thin slices, I microwaved them first but you could soften them in a pan. And black pepper!!

I'm not sure what you could have, I can't even remember what we are supposed to have apart from courgette, mushrooms and cauliflower!!
Hope you are ok today :):)

Hi Miss-R,how are you? Read about your little blip. Don't worry about it. Just draw a line and move on.

I put on a pound this week. I'm gutted as I thought I did really well this week. My CDC suggested I cut food completely out of the equation for next week, and see if that kickstarts my weightloss. Also got told off for exercising...:eek: Oh well, I think it may also be that I've worked quite a lot of crazy shifts lately. I'm hoping that things will improve soon as I'm on holiday from next Thursday for a couple of weeks.
Hope you have a good day. x

Hi Miss-R,how are you? Read about your little blip. Don't worry about it. Just draw a line and move on.

I put on a pound this week. I'm gutted as I thought I did really well this week. My CDC suggested I cut food completely out of the equation for next week, and see if that kickstarts my weightloss. Also got told off for exercising...:eek: Oh well, I think it may also be that I've worked quite a lot of crazy shifts lately. I'm hoping that things will improve soon as I'm on holiday from next Thursday for a couple of weeks.
Hope you have a good day. x

Hi tessie

Sorry to hear about your weightgain, it must be a bit disheartening especially when you have tried hard, but don't give up!!

I can only guess you are retaining water or it could be the exercise, I haven't done much since starting CD, (though I would like to)

Sounds like you deserve some time off!!
Hope you are having a nice weekend xx

Day 18
Well it is day 18 and I am hungry today!!!!

I haven't had enough water, so I am getting some fizzy water in a bit for a treat (my boyfriend is going to the shop for me). Will add some water flavouring. Hope it will stop my hunger.

I started the day with a bar, a choc one.
I am starting to think the bars are making me hungry.
Last week I was on SS+ and I wasn't as hungry. Now I am having bars I seem more hungry.??? Whats that about??

Anyway then I had porridge apple and cinnamon with a bit of extra cinnamon.

Then I couldn't wait any longer and had my SS+ meal early, had purple sprouting broccoli with splash of balsamic vinegar (hope that is ok)
but overcooked it in the microwave, it was a bit chewy!

And then I had an omelette with dried mixed herbs, black pepper and some fresh basil on part of it to see what that was like.

I have just finished and I am hungry!!!!!
I have one pack left until tomorrow :-(

Hi miss-r,

Am catching up on your diary asI haven't been online for a few days.

I just wanted to say don't worry about your blip, at the end of the day you did the right thing and got straight back on track. I don't think there's many people who could resist a mini-flake staring at them (quietly whispering 'eat meeeeeee'...;)).

I note you said you hadn't had enough water - perhaps that's related to the hunger? I read a post somewhere that said the water really helps with hunger pangs. When I get hungry now the first thing I do is go and drink a glass of water - I can't say that it always works mind you, but I think it does help.

Hope you have a good day :)

Toria xxx

Hi tessie

Sorry to hear about your weightgain, it must be a bit disheartening especially when you have tried hard, but don't give up!!

I can only guess you are retaining water or it could be the exercise, I haven't done much since starting CD, (though I would like to)

Sounds like you deserve some time off!!
Hope you are having a nice weekend xx

Hi Miss-R, how are you doing? Yeah, I am retaining water, but I'm on a mission to be extra good this week. Have been ok yesterday. Today is going to be a challenge. I am working nightshift, but I will be awake all day looking after my daughter. My hubby has gone to Santa Pod today as he got free tickets. I've just had my strawberry Tetra, but I have to be really careful now as I have until midnight to go, before I can start more packs. :( Planning on buying some fizzy water to help me today too.
Anyway, hope you have a good Sunday, and I'll catch up with you soon. x

Hi miss-r,

Am catching up on your diary asI haven't been online for a few days.

I just wanted to say don't worry about your blip, at the end of the day you did the right thing and got straight back on track. I don't think there's many people who could resist a mini-flake staring at them (quietly whispering 'eat meeeeeee'...;)).

I note you said you hadn't had enough water - perhaps that's related to the hunger? I read a post somewhere that said the water really helps with hunger pangs. When I get hungry now the first thing I do is go and drink a glass of water - I can't say that it always works mind you, but I think it does help.

Hope you have a good day :)

Toria xxx

Hi Toria thanks for your message, agree about the water it does help doesnt it!
Pesky flakes!!!!
Hope you've had a nice weekend xx

Hi Miss-R, how are you doing? Yeah, I am retaining water, but I'm on a mission to be extra good this week. Have been ok yesterday. Today is going to be a challenge. I am working nightshift, but I will be awake all day looking after my daughter. My hubby has gone to Santa Pod today as he got free tickets. I've just had my strawberry Tetra, but I have to be really careful now as I have until midnight to go, before I can start more packs. :( Planning on buying some fizzy water to help me today too.
Anyway, hope you have a good Sunday, and I'll catch up with you soon. x

Hi Tessie
Thanks for message, Hope your day has gone well and your nightshift does too. Sounds like you need to be organised with your packs when at work. Hope the fizzy water helps you. Wonder what santa pod is? You've just made me realise how close christmas is, oh well inspires me to stick to the diet. Hope your night shift goes well oh dear i'm repeating myself I am quite tired. Since i've been on CD I sometimes get quite tired. I am full of respect for anyone who does night shift especially you being on CD too, so very well done xx

Day 19

Well yesterday I coped with one last pack had lots of water. last pack was a bar which was naughty as had one for breakfast yesterday too but nevermind I am out of bars now until next weigh in.

As for today i'm tired tonight.
Started day with bar, and water. Filled me up ok.

then went shopping in telford which is not somewhere we usually go. (its quite far so should have taken a tetra)
Treated myself to make up and 2 little yankee candles, one smells of vanilla cake, other is apple pie type smell. won't light them but when I crave cake I can go smell it!
And some nice smelling things from lush so instead of eating things I like, I will smell nice things in bath and pamper myself. Because i'm worth it!!

Didn't have anything to eat or drink so when I got back I was hungry.
Made roast chicken fillet (mmm chicken) not had that for nearly 3 weeks so it was nice. with courgettes, not as nice as usual as way I cooked them a bit soggy.
Tired tonight off to have my next shake:)

[QUOTEHi Tessie
Thanks for message, Hope your day has gone well and your nightshift does too. Sounds like you need to be organised with your packs when at work. Hope the fizzy water helps you. Wonder what santa pod is? You've just made me realise how close christmas is, oh well inspires me to stick to the diet. Hope your night shift goes well oh dear i'm repeating myself I am quite tired. Since i've been on CD I sometimes get quite tired. I am full of respect for anyone who does night shift especially you being on CD too, so very well done xx[/QUOTE]

Hi Miss-R, today's not been brilliant, but it's been ok. Yes, I have to be very organised with working shifts. Bit difficult sometimes though. I should've said re Santa Pod - it's a massive show in Northamptonshire with drag racing, motor sports, etc. Didn't manage to get to the shop for the fizzy water :(, but I will stop on my way home to get some. Feeling quite tired now, but that's lack of sleep and possibly a little to do with Cambridge. I've got an hour break tonight, so I'm planning on going to have a bit of a nap around 3am.
Chat to you soon. x

Back