Moosh's S&S diary

Post 200 on my diary!

I am really really struggling today. I want to nom. I don't want to diet! So I'm on here to write a really long post to take my mind off it!

I've noticed lots of changes in and around my life since starting S&S-

1. I'm spending a lot less on food. Even with ordering over £200 worth of products, plus around £15-20 a week for drinks (a lot of that was for different tea bags though, am discovering different flavours!) I'm still saving £s. Good good.

2. Weight itself. Gone from 14st (my weight after already dieting but that's my official S&S start weight) to 13st in less than a month. Very good! Gone from BMI 36 to 33.3 on S&S alone. Very good, well done me.

3. Clothes size- I am comfortably wearing size 16 jeans right now. In early Jan I was uncomfortable in 18s, wanted to take them off as soon as I got home. In reality, had I needed new jeans they would have been a 20. Tops are different, If I look at the ones I've been wearing over the last year they range from 16-28. Hmm. I think I've lost a size though, anyway I know my tops are getting looser and the cold weather has made me wear an extra t shirt under which I couldn't do before.

4. Comments- people notice, someone at school noticed and mentioned. Boss saw I was in new jeans and commented, her sister noticed but wasn't suree if she could say anything! Fair enough.

5. Support- I find I'm on here more than any other site! Meeting other people doing the same thing has kept me on board, and helping others is really boosting me. Silly but everytime someone thanks me or likes a post, or ups my rep I feel so happy that something I wrote has helped someone!

5. Tastes- I've started drinking tea and enjoying it! Discovering boullion was great, I will certainly keep drinking that for life and I intend to use it as a soup base when I get to goal. Which I will do! Also started drinking flavoured waters- the allowed ones- when previously I hated them and would have Pepsi Max, orange fizzy drinks or full-fat Ribena!

6. Portion control- yes I can eat a smaller amount. I can eat it and be fine. Adding vegs is not the end of the world and does fill me up. Drinking water fills me up. I will not fall faint and die if I leave the house without several snacks.

7. Shopping- I can walk past the special offer shelf in Tesco. I can ignore the sweets and biscuits 2 for 1 or half price or for £. I can walk past it because I AM NOT LOSING OUT ON A BARGAIN I am actually saving money because I'm not buying something else in place of it, I am buying something else INSTEAD of choosing the crap.

8. I can exist on fewer cals. I can go about my day and not die of starvation. I can be hungry, won't kill me. I can do the school run on limited cals, I can clean my flat and build a crap-load of flat pack.

Next for me- need to do something when I get home from work, I mean I do like tidy a bit or put rubbish out but then I veg on sofa with laptop. I could do an exercise DVD or go on the bike maybe.

I need to able to cook food, right now I'm on here cos I've been researching recipes to cook somebelly pork that goes out of date today. One of my favouritest everest foods when mum cooks it, so I want to find a resipe I won't like but they all take too long! I need to be able to make it now then chuck it in the oven when I get home at 4.30-5 and finish before 7 when I leave. Grr. I'll find something but gosh it's bloody hard doing the research!

Today I've had -

vanilla mush for breakfast with two 500 glasses water
1 cup boullion
1 cup earl grey with 2 tablet sweetners
just over a litre tesco strawberry water
two 320ml glasses water
tesco ultraslim choc bar

Actually annoyed with myself for having the bar already, I like to save them for teatime but I did torrtellini with peas and sweetcorn and cheese for the baby and I could have eaten all of it. I dealt with it by slicing a bar but means I won't have one a tea time so will struggle plus I liek to eat when baby is sleeping so I didn't have anything as already eaten! So so so so close to having another pack now but must resist!

Yesterday was the worst day so far, decided to have a bag of salad and a wee bit of cucumber with my spag bol so thats my first salad really except once when out. But then I really needed to nom so I have a bit of cooked chicken.... and a bit more... about 70g probably. So I think ok I won't have the final pack but that means no food at all between 6pm and 7.15am the next day! No good at all. So I had 4 packs, plus veg, plus chicken.................. then I had half a BL bar. I wanted to try it but I nibbled and nibbled and half is gone and I am STUPID.

Weigh in this morning- still 13st exact, still same as yesterday. So thats good but I knw tomorrow the scales may well tell me off! Plus I had 4 cans of coke zero yesterday and 2 cups boullion with all the water- have drunk an oceans worth. Coke supposed to be one a day for a treat! I'm getting worse.

Right need to go and prep belly pork for cooking later. Least raw pork won't tempt me but all the veg etc will......

Your doing splendidly moosh yes you had a bad may and its over with. Your a great support to people and Help they Realised. Their achievements. You have. Written done all yours too thus a logistic post of all the great things you have done in a very short period of time. Just keep yourself in check when it Come s to bars and food. i know myself i find it hard to stick to my chicken and vegetable allowance. You can do this moosh just get though today.

And I hope you enjoyed it.
You could have had worse, but you didn't.

Now wipe the crumbs off the side of your mouth, tomorrow's a new day - put the past behind you hun x

I need to sort my head out! It's a thing I've always done- get in from work at 7 and shovel food in my face! I suppose getting in with an empty stomach and eating half a BL bar is better than previous, probably would have 10 bags of crisps or a full box of french fancies, something like that!!!!!!!

I just had 200g of cucumber and finished my coke zero. Aim to have no more today! Back on the water, though I'll limit it as I've already had abou 4l today. I could seriously double that before bed!

Yes it's certainly a massive improvement on previous snack attacks. I was the same as you, I did that before. Really liked you earlier post by the way, I guess it's good to remind ourselves of the plus side to doing this! When we are feeling particularly low. xx

That's a good thought provoking post moosh. I can relate to a lot of that, especially number 7. I'm a member of the bargain hunting category too. Drawn into BOGOF deals or multibuys when you know you'll never use that much stuff in a million years before it gets thrown out anyway. When I did a VLCD last time I vowed never to buy things that I normally wouldn't just because they were on offer. Was fine for a while, I never bought anything unless I had studied the nutrition label to death in the shop and classed it as acceptable. Over time though I got sucked back into the mindset that deals are good. How does the saying go?

Women will spend £1 on something worth £2 that she doesn't need, while men will spend £2 on something worth £1 that he does need!

That's me and my OH to a tee :).

Oh, and you're not alone on the bars. I had 2 today. Was in a peed off because I'm not losing mood so I had 2 and thought sod it. And because I'd had my 3 packs already before I got home from work that left me with only the veggies to have tonight so I had the protein tonight too. Not horrendous in the great scheme of things but not great considering it's WI tomorrow.

Ok right..... today I stood on the scales and had lost 0.4lb. Which doesn't seem like a huge thing to celebrate butit means I finally weight 12st something!!!!!:D:D

Admittedly the 12st something is in fact 12st 13.6lb but still..... been a long time since I've been here! I hope I am still 12 something on WI, would like to say I'll hide the scales till Sat but well I know I won't!

Started off the day with vanilla shake mush and a cup of tea and big glass of water. Spent the entire schoolrun needing the loo! Wish I could wait till I got home to eat but thats 9am some days and some not till lunch and I need my morning routine.

Just had boullion, very good for cold cold days! It was snowing on the way home, just a sprinkle but still.... I really hope that's it, no more snow thanks!

Bought some chinese leaves for lunch, well it says lettuce on the allowed list so I think thats ok. I love it, I'm going to either have it on it's own then a shake mush or oatmeal cookie for lunch or will have it with spag bol. Yum.

Was in Tesco and DIDN'T buy coke zero, I still have several cans at home so I'll save it for after work I think if I have it all day I'll explode or just be craving sweet things! Been using my breathspray to ward off both bad breath and cravings, urgh can't eat bread, banana, sweets etc with minty breath!

Wooohooo I can't wait to see the 12s again well done you!!!!

I moved here 4 years ago that was the last time I was 12st 6lbs. Can't wait to turn back the time and be that again

Sounds like your having a great day keep it going :)

Well...... crapbags. I've truly stuffed it all up today. It was going so well! Shake, tea, water, cottage pie, 100g broccoli, much much water, boullion, bar, tea, shake............. all good yes. Also about 6 cans of coke zero. Then I had half an extra bar..... then an extra shake. Am pathetic. Can't learn from mistakes! Then I went on S&S and ordered £160 worth for the coming month. I WILL SODDING WELL DO THIS. Am re-starting, again, tomorrow. Yes.

Went to the loo for the first time since sunday..... was a bit erm, adventurous. Glad I didn't need laxatives this time!

Also drinking waaay too much. Had at least 6l today, probably more like 7. Had 1.5l apple water this morning and 2 cups of tea and 500ml glass water. 2 cans coke zero at lunch. A full 2 litre bottle of apple water between 4.30-5.30 then came home to 4 cans coke zero, 2 cups tea, one cup boullion plus another litre apple water!!!! No wonder I pooped!!!!! I need to slow down, this will hurt me but when I don't drink I'm so thirsty. Right now I'm feeling like I haven't drunk anything in days yet I need the loo all the time! AAArgh. I know it isn't diabetes as tested recently but what the hell. So thirsty!

Tomorrow is another day, hope the day is good not crappy. Big order was all shakes and cottage pie, no bars, as I prefer the Tesco ones. Will be going up for more tomorrow!

Maybe, but it's the same even when I don't have boullion in a day. Plus yesterday I didn't have it till I got home so after 8pm. I've already had a litre of apple water today, cup of tea and water with shake for breakfast. I purposefully didn't bring any coke zero to work so won't be having that. I'll try not to have nay more till lunch but it's hard! I used to chew gum constantly, well not 'chew' it so much as have it in my mouth but I can't on this. And I've yet to find any low-carb mints, lowest I've found is 94% carb in Smints which are very small so I have 2 of those a day to get me through. Grr. Thanks for reading my drivel though, I write waaaaay too much!

Day.... 27 I think, well tomorrow is my forth WI! Not expecting big numbers, been very blippy this week culminating in my 5 and a half packs yesterday. Was 13st exact this morning, so gone up a bit since mid week but only by 0.4lb which is nothing BUT that takes me out of 12 and back to 13! Oh well, see what the morning brings. Though I usually weigh at midday on a Sat as that's when I get up but tomorrow I want to go to the shops so will be up earlier if I can be arsed!

Off tomorrow to buy size 14 and size 12 jeans. I have never in my life fit into size 14, and never even owned a pair of 12. I got 14 last time I was dieting as my next incentive but then lost my job and home, blah blah. Dieting went out of the window and I moved abroad which meant storing all my stuff in my parents house. It's all still there, most of it anyway including my 14 jeans but they are from a different shop which means less to me as they vary so much. So am off to either M&S or Matalan for both sizes, as I currently have 16s from both.

No boullion for me today, will stick to water and tea when cold but my goodness is it cold. Bloody snow! Am very happy, when I got to work boss took the children to school so that saved me a 2 mile trudge in the snow with a fractious baby in the buggy who pretty much hates it! I still have pick up to do but I'll survive. Shame though I had planned to go to tesco on way home for more bars but will go tomorrow.

This is your diary, you write as much or as little as you want :) Hope you get to the bottom of the thirst issue!

And a big congrats on the jeans shopping :)

Thanks! Its funny, I find that getting the jeans on a clearly marked size hanger helps! I hang them on the front of my wardrobe as my incentive!

It doesnt count until your actual weigh in!!!! You remind me of me - stuck to the scales! lol! I've weighed twice so far today, will do it again before I go to bed later! :p

Congrats on the Jeans. I'm sooo close to being able to get into a size 14 jeans that its paining me. I can get into a size 14 work trouser from dorothy perkins, but it honestly looks terrible - major spare tyre going on! lol! However, at least I can get them on, thats something!

Dont think I've ever been a size 14. I remember being a size 10 at school, then a size 16. Clearly I didnt balloon overnight, but I just dont remember being in between those sizes!

Back