Moosh's S&S diary

How about Slim & Magnificant? Oh no, that's S&M ......... ;) :D

:eek::eek::eek: Well really, what a mind you must have! Not that I get the reference, oh no;)

Ok right so today I have had-

Warm chocolate shake
Chilli
Tesco Ultraslim bar
Iced caramel shake
2 x mugs boullion
1 x water flavour sachet

I don't know why but I feel like I'm cheating somehow. Because I don't like the shakes exactly as the instructions say, I change them. I either do half cold water then top up with boiling, which I really need in the morning, or blend it with ice. I just feel like I'm shovelling food in! Maybe it's the boullion, it feels like a soup meal!

I don't know, maybe tomorrow is a day to go back to basics. But I really don't like the shakes done normally! I can't even eat the porridge done normally, if I have it I make a cookie with it.

Maybe it's because I just sit on the sofa on here in the evening and drink! Water of course, one cup of which has the water flavour in. Plus the boullion which I love. I feel I really need a hot drink each evening!

Grr, I don't know why I'm feeling like this. Once two weeks are done, very soon now, I'm going to try to add more exercise. I already have a very active work life, school runs alone are 6 miles walking total plus going to baby classes and parks in the day- it all adds up. I got the Shred DVD before I even heard of VLCD plus the new Davina, both still in wrappers. I intend to do them soon!

Anyway, random musings of Moosh. I just needed to write down what I ate today and convince myself that it's still on plan!

haha I like that 'Random musings of moosh'

You are doing well and you aren't cheating, I haven't tried boullion, what is it like?

I have started making cookies with my oatmeal now, find it easier and I don't always want to sit for ages with a bowl of porridge either!

Day 11 tomorrow, for you, myself and scotbean too. So close to 14 whole days! xxx

Ooooooh yes, very close to two weeks! Glad so many people are at the same stage as me!

Boullion is really nice. I was expecting it to be like gravy or bovril but it's a lot lighter. To me it tastes like packet chicken noodle soup without the chicken or noodles! I'm already planning to use it as soup when I'm done! Very glad I got some. I do prefer a savoury drink over tea or green tea which is what I'm having to stave off the cold! Brr it's blinking freezing here.

What you're having is fine Moosh :). Sounds like you have a good plan and will be successful on this diet.

I've been having the odd cup of bouillon too mini. Not every day. And I put it in the cottage pie. :) x

So last night I weighed myself- 3lb gain. Not good for the ego but I know, it's the end of the day, I've been drinking water all day etc. So I weighed myself this morning, before shower. Another 1lb gain! I'm nearly back at the weight I was before starting, literally 1lb more and I'm back to day 1. I'm trying so bloody hard! I'm not over-exercising so thats not the reason, I'm not snacking, picking, cheating AT ALL I don't evn lick my fingers when making the kids' tea.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's the daily water flavour sachet? Or the two tsp boullion? I guess I'm going to go back to 100%, cut out the flavour and the boullion or maybe consider going back to 3 packs a day.

I just want to lose! Not gain! I was losing 1-2lb steadily on Rosemary Conley, I was hoping to at least match that. Grr, moan over for now.

The bouillon won't be doing this. Is it TOTM? That can really affect it! Or your scales are random? Mine can be! There will be some explanation as really you are doing 100% as you are not adding food. I'm having coke zero and still consider myself 100%!! xxxx

There could be lots of reasons for movement upwards on the scales TOTM being due, fluid retention, muscle mass building up, scales not co-operating. Maybe weight yourself once a week at boots? x

I only bought the scales this week, they are fancy pants Sater body analyser ones so I hope I haven't wasted my money! TOTM is just over, was all last week when I lost 5lb! I don't know :cry::cry: I'm certainly not chucking the towel in yet, now after all I've paid for this stuff! Back to basics today, 4 packs done fairly normal (so no brownies or oatmeal cookies), I did have a hot shake for breakfast but I was bloomin freeezing! I got up late because it was so cold so I just had the shake and a half cup of green tea with a tablet sweetner.

One thing I'm not able to do is drink water all day long. I have two school runs to do, each taking me out of the house for over an hour so I worry I'll need the loo! I drink a couple of glasses of water each time I know I don't have to go out for a while, and carry a bottle with me to sip on the way home. I can't see another way round it, I can't sip every few mins to ensure the water intake is consistant. I am pretty sure I have 3-4 litres a day, in the evening alone I can get through 5-6 glasses, one with flavouring, plus a hot drink or two!

Is the bouillon a low salt version? I've heard of it having quite alot of salt in so that could be causing water retention. I think it might be a good idea just to have your 4 packs for 2 or 3 days and to see how the scales go!

Keep you chin up cause you know you're going to have the weight off :)

x x x

It is the low salt, I actually went to about 5 supermarkets before I randomly found it! I don't add salt to anything, in fact I've put it away in my food cupboard with all the other stuff I won't be using till goal!

I can only think it must be water for some reason, I don't think I'm getting enough cals or fat in my diet to cause actual fat gain. And I don't think it's muscle as I don't do any toning or anything!

I'm having no boullion today, I'll stick to what the S+S site says so I had green tea with my shake and I'll have that or normal tea later. I'll drop my usual after-lunch mint and keep the breathspray to a minimum! Actually I'm already off-plan as I had a tablet sweetner in my tea but if that is enough to gain weight well I'm buggered, I'm sure I breath in more cals per day than there are in that!

I'm keeping a log of water consumption today, one glass is 320ml and so far (not counting the water in the shake) I've had 2.3 litres! I'm having to slow down, I'm still thirsty but I know if you have it all at once there could be problems. So I think too little water can't be the issue, I know I'll have two more glasses at lunch, 2 or 3 while making kids' tea and several glasses when I get home!

It is very strange Mini!!! Has the sweetner you use got aspartmene in? (I'm not sure I've spelt it right) I know you're not allowed that on Cambridge but I'm not entirely sure of the affect of it!

Glad to see you're keeping strong.. It HAS to come off :) x x

I don't think it does, I usually check when I buy things but I can't remember. Will check when I get home. I've probably only had about 3 all week anyway.

I'll keep chugging along, on most diets week 2 seems to be the worst so I'll have to keep on till week 3 to be certain. I may have to re-assess my goal of losing 14lb in the Feb challenge though!

I've just realised I've out down 18lb... slightly optimistic but better to aim high eh ;) x x

Hoenstly mini a tablet sweetener is not coming off plan! I bet you see the scales down again in the next couple of days, it'll be fluid retention or something it can't be much else as you're eating the right calories. Stay strong and talk to us xxx

I am bloody determined. ROAR etc.I will see this through unless it really seems there is a problem in which case I'll be going to the doctors as something would have to be wrong. Weigh-in is Saturday so i have a few days to turn it round! I'll keep weighing every day to keep an eye on it but Saturday is official.

Don't get disheartened MiniM. You listed what you are having and there's nothing wrong there, to my eyes. What you see are water fluctuations - it has to be. You have to be burning fat stores with your schedule and that intake so it will suddenly plummet. You are losing, it's just not showing YET!! Stick with it, I can't see that you are doing ANYTHING wrong!

Well hoo-bloody-ray! I just weighed myself, after a full day drinking almost 4 litres plus breakfast shake, spag bol then a bar at 5pm. I'm 13st 8.4lb!!!!! That's 3lb less than this morning, weighing having eaten nothing! Either i have a stupid body or stupid scale- and I'm blaming the body because the scales cost more. And I just weighed myself about 10 times in different places in my flat- same result!

So all is seemingly well. That's still only .6lb less than last weigh day on Saturday but better than gaining.

I was going to have a cottage pie for tea later but my straws came! I ordered 100 smoothie straws from ebay for thick shakes, how exciting. Might have to break them in!

Back