Moosh's S&S diary

That's great see?! Just give it time.... Bloody scales play tricks!!! So explain how you do the smoothies....

Sadly, no smoothies. I jst wanted thick straws, macdonalds style, for my shakes when I do them really thick with ice! Or the crispy ones, they clog the thin straws. I've yet to have a shake without a straw, weird but it kind of disassociates it.....

Do it in a blender!! Sooooooo yummy!!!

I keep experimenting- I put loads of ice in the blender, a bit of water, blend till a lot smaller then add pack and a bit more water. I like it thick! But if you do it thin, this way it would be a lot bigger drink! Problem is, most mornings I'm too cold to do it so I do the shake warm, not as nice though. I bought the blender just for this diet though, cos it specifically crushes ice, so I damn well will use it!

I need to get me one of those then as my blender doesnt crush ice! x

Right- day 11 done. Today I had-

warm choc shake
half mug green tea
1 sweetner

spag bol

choc trufa bar

1 mug boullion
vanilla shake made into a cookie
1 cup tea
2 sweetners

Not perfect but I think it's ok. No water flavour today, lets see if that helps!

Looking forward to day 12, nearly two weeks done. Never ever thought I'd be able to do that!

I know! Well done us for getting to the end of day 11!! Be proud!! xxx

Day 12 starts as ever with a warm choc shake. I will, one day, work out how to do it without tons of yukky bits of pastey-shake mix in it :jelous:

Following a thread about tea flavours, I went to Tesco to see if they had Redbush as it seems the done thing but it was £3.30! Bit much for my poor student finances so I'll see if it's not cheaper elsewhere.

Taking the wee one to baby gym in a bit, always fun rolling round on the floor and climbing after her! I love my job, I think that helps me through this. It can get a bit stressy but usually fun!

Awwww it does sound like fun :) Plus think of the calories you're burning :)

Good luck for today!!

Have you tried mixing the shake with a little bit of cold water to make it into a thick no lump paste and then top up with hot water? It's what I do to make my soups have no lumps x x

Thats exactly what I do :sigh: mix in a little cold, I 'beat' it with a fork till very smooth, then add the boiling water and wizz with a hand blender. Still lumps of the paste in it though! I'll try doing it all with hot tomorrow, see if that works.

Mini I use the shaker with some cold and the pack - shake till smooth then pour into a mug and add hot water. No bits xxx

Phew! I just hopped on the scale and I'm 2lb down. Phew, phew, I'm not doing it all wrong! I think I'll stay off the scales till Saturday, hope for a big loss!

I got some redbush tea, drinking it now. Quite nice, not as harsh as regular tea. Nice for a bit of a change anyway!

Tea for the kids was the worst time ever. I was already stressed then there were shenanigans on the way home so we were late. I did chicken sandwiches with salad veg- oh oh I so wanted to eat them sarnies! My favourite bread with bits in, and my favourite food ever- chicken breast, the posh sort. I chopped up my bar and had a bit in my mouth everytime I did a sarnie or cleared up, anytime I was tempted. IT WORKED. Thansk goodness!

I think I need to start doing the kids things I hate.... erm, banana sandwich or korma it is then!

Just had my final pack- chicken soup. Really nice! I got one in my sample pack and must have liked it because I ordered loads- I've got 16 or so to get though. Been putting it off! Yum yum, I put some ground garlic and black pepper in it. Who cares if I get stinky garlic breath with my deathly ketosis breath. Plus it's good for the heart. I only did a sprinkle, hope it doesn't affect the diet :confused:

I've been blitzing it with baked mushrooms and rocket. Makes it really thick :) xx

I think you are doing great MiniM, prepping yummy food and staying on track. It can't be easy but you'll be glad you resisted!

Day 13- very much a tea day. I bought a pack with 5 different types of tea in, to try out. Then realised two of them I can't use! Citrus flavour in one and bergemot in the other, no idea if I can have that oh well.

I went Tesco and found flavoured water! Own brand strawberry flavour, made with malic acid not citrus acid. zero carb so a lot better than the water flavours. Annoying though, heavy to carry but worth it for a nice change!

I just weighed, I know I shouldn't but..... 1lb down from yesterday! Am now 13st 7.4lb so hopefully I'll get a loss on official weighday, Saturday. Not as huge as some of you et but hopefully something!

I got some coke zero and it was terrible! Actualy hurt to drink it. Tipped it strait down the sink. Now I have 7 more cans, no idea what to do with them! What a waste, I just wanted a treat every few days!

Back