Moosh's S&S diary

I can't emphasise how much better today has been than yesterday! I've actually done stuff in the flat- I never can be arsed, but today I've done a wash, actually hung it to dry, tidied my under sink cupboard, cleaned my entire bathroom (I'm not a skank but I rarely keep on top of this!) which included washing the shelves and taking everything out and re-ordering. I even sterilised my tooth mug, toothbrush cover and non-slip mat in the bath. Put two doors on my shelving unit- with much swearing and yelling, oh my gods I think two people were needed! Thrown away a lot of stuff, sorted my recycling.

Biggest thing though- I'm sorting my wardrobe into the cupboard with new doors, the wardrobe is an open canvas one so everything is on display and gets dusty! I found my size 16 jeans and tried them............ HA YES! They fit! Comfortably! I am so happy, that was the size I got to the last time I lost weight. I will be wearing them for work on Monday with no fuss, I have to be careful what I wear for nannying as has to withstand crawling on floor, climbing, food etc so to say I can wear these means something!

At some point this week I'll be purchasing size 14, same brand, for when I get there! I'm so chuffed. Currently 5lb more than my lightest ever weight, 2lb away from weighing 12st something! Worth all the crap (and today that was quite literal, oh my gods am re-thinking the fibre!).

Got an email from LCM that cottage pie was back in stock so may do my next order there. Problem is they don't do two of my 'staples', chilli and crispy choc. Hmmm, if I order from S+S it works out a bit more per item if you include delivery, a bit less without (like 0.3p less per item!!) so do I order with free delivery but not all my faves? Or pay a bit more for S+S? Hmmm.

So pleased you have had such a good and productive day today. Into smaller clothes too well done, must feel great!!

Fantastic news, well done! Its so nice when you can start to fit into older clothes, it helps you see how well youve done. You cant always see it in the mirror (even when others can!) so keep finding other ways to show yourself how well youre doing!

Great news Moosh. Glad you are feeling better now, and in smaller jeans - you go girl! You'll be in the 12s before you know it.

As far as the order goes I always have to have my favourites - I don't do compromise :)

I would go with ordering your faves as you are more likely to enjoy and stick with it rather than feel you are missing out!!
If the carbs/cals etc are similar could you have some of each and alternate orders as the funding allows so you get an overlap of enjoyable and economical? Lots of people seem to do that on here and if both lots claim you are getting your nutrients or you are adding the vitamins etc in then dont see why not?

Depending on the value of your order you might contact S&S to see if they can give you free or reduced delivery?

I would go with ordering your faves as you are more likely to enjoy and stick with it rather than feel you are missing out!!
If the carbs/cals etc are similar could you have some of each and alternate orders as the funding allows so you get an overlap of enjoyable and economical? Lots of people seem to do that on here and if both lots claim you are getting your nutrients or you are adding the vitamins etc in then dont see why not?

They are the same product, Dietimeal products are what S&S use. So would be a cheaper order but not include 2 of my faves but I'm not running out yet!

I'm sure they'd give you free shipping for an order that size!

So is it cheaper to order from low carb mega store the deitmeal stuff or from s&s ? Plus on low carb mega store says cottage pie is 207 calories?

In the end I decided I'm going to order from S&S, I think I need my faves! Plus want to try a single strawberry shake, can't do that at LCM.

Not sure now, plenty of people have said that the meals are the same thing but if there are differences maybe not. I worked it out that I would only save 0.7p per item or something like that, so I think it's worth it to go to S&S. I also wanted to do LCM as they had tiny mints- it seems all mints are very high carb but I do like to have one or two a day, so seems better to have tiny Smint or Extra rather than the bigger Extra ones. But today I found Smint in Waitrose so no need! Gonna stick with S&S itself.

The Dietimeal cottage pie on LCM is a bigger pack so more calories. The S&S one is smaller. You do have to watch out for the portion sizes to make sure you're getting the same thing. There is a 60g spag bol out there too that's also 200 odd calories. You might feel that the extra size / calories is worth it I guess but you wouldn't want to do 4 a day of the bigger ones.

Oh I didn't even know that! Well I know I'm sticking with S&S only, I know the meals are small but they are fine for me.

Maybe we can change over to the bigger ones to start to stabilise our weight as part of the maintenance side of things

Yes, quite possibly. I intend to use some of the packs during maintenance. Don't think it'll feature the cottage pie ;) but the shakes and bars are a definite yes

Yes I intend to do something simular to Cambridge on the referring and maintenance side so defo gonna be using the packs

Well well! I just went on live chat to ask about weights of veg and chicken/fish- turns out the 200g is the cooked weight, the amount you are consuming not pre-cooked. Anyway I asked about a delivery limit, as in is there a top amount when delivery is free and Rob gave me a code so that my next order of a month or more will be £4.99 less! Woo hoo. So am ordering tonight, I want a ton of my faves- yes that includes the cottage pie which we all LOVE- and enough to last me another month or two!

Listening to yesterdays Chris Moyles show on iplayer, talking about the Hackney weekend. Basically a music festival you sign up for and get entered into a lottery to get a ticket.... they require a photo for ID, all I can think is I better take one right now as hopefully by the time it comes round (should I be oh so lucky to get a ticket!!) I won't be recognisiable. I know it would be a pita but I'd love to have to get a new passport/drivers licence photo because of weight loss!

Day 25 ish, and I'm late for work. Too cold to get dressed! It's 7.30 and I have to be there at 7.40. Doable? Nope! Haha, oh well.

Good day to all of you S&Sers!

I hate getting up late, especially on a school day, luckily I have a carer come in for my youngest to get him ready for school, breakfast, washed, dressed etc but sometimes they are late so still have to make sure we are all up on time.

Hope your lay in doesn't get you into trouble or cause too many problems for you. Hope the rest of your day goes well and you have a good one!

Oh no, thing is I got up on time but it is so cold in my flat I can't bare to take off my dressing gown, jumper, sweater, and two pairs of pjs! I get up at 6.20 and arse around like a fool till 7.30 when I really should be leaving. Good thing I live 10 houses away from work! I got there at 7.47, so two mins late. Good going considering I was writing on here still in pjs etc at 7.30!

Back