Moosh's S&S diary

moosh, wow what a will of iron you have, through all of that and still to stick is fantastic, i am sure i would have wobbled abit.
the dress you wore is lovely a really great style to wear to any occasion isnt it, am so please for you, for getting to this fab weight and being in a great frame of mind, go girl x

It's Saturday, officially, and I'm tired. Babysitting, boss supposed to be back at 12 yeah right! Oh well more money for me. Looking forward to easter now, well the surrounding weeks as I'm not religious! Going home to family and also booked to babysit which will pay a third of my fare home, nice.

Off tomorrow for a bra fitting! Insanity really that I'm still wearing my ones from almost 4st ago! I booked Bravissimo based on recommendations then I looked at the site properly and realised they start at DD cup what if I'm below? My boobs are going! Well going!

Still buying more beauty crap, ordered some makeup brushes as been using the same single eyeshadow brush for like 15 years and I've never washed it so yes, new brushes! Also I need to chuck my mascara I think, must be a good few years old which means more spending sigh. I know I'll end up with the same one, the pink and green one.

Just ordered £100 stuff from lowcarbmegastore, got 5 boxes of honey nougat bars on short date because I still can't get them from S&S! Also some vanilla shakes on short date and some strawberry shakes, I really hope they are the same as S&S as others have said or will be an expensive mistake! Also ordered one of each type of Atkins bar..... am officially hooked, dammit. Though will try to limit to 2 a week, had 3 this week! Yummy though and all logged in MFP so I know exacty what I can and can't have.

My diet has changed since I've been using MFP, not really following the S&S rules as much (200g veg etc) I'm more logging what I'm eating, logging all my packs then seeing what else I can have within the allowance like today I have raw cabbage and cucumber and worked out I could have 2 sugarfree polos oh thats living!

Looking for sensitive suncream now, that time of year, and off tomorrow to get anti histimines in prep for summer. Really hope I'm skinny by summer! Sorted out arrangements for best mates wedding, we are sharing a room before then I'm having the room that night when she goes into the bridal suite! I've gone for the lowest carb (in my ill-informed opinion!) choice from the menu, it's a sit-down meal, but by then how cool if i was at goal! Late June hmmm well I'll give it a good go!

WI tomorrow, hope it's a good one!

Hi Moosh, at the rate you're going there is every chance you'll be at goal by the end of June! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Have you chosen a dress for it yet? x

Sounds like you're having a good sort out and organise - Spring must be in the air!

Don't know if this will post, have tried 3 times now to do a diary. New Minimins not working for me at all.

I've been miserable, bingy and ill all week. Have gained 6lb or something, I don't know cos I can't find my stats on here. The loss of the 'user cp' button on here floored me, I can't find the threads and diaries I was following and all my support has melted away.

I feel like I can't go on, on S&S or anything. I want to crawl in a hole and not come out again. I did so well while off at the funeral and suddenly everything is wrong. I can't cope with anything, availding family and my boyfriend. Today I got up at 3.30pm and thought oh good, a chance to limit my intake today, get back on track. Well that's out of the window, I've already had 2 S&S packs, some EatWater pasta (which was gross) a BL bar, 100g pickled veg and 2 pickled eggs. And I'm wrapped in a duvet to prevent me going into the kitchen and having another pack.

I've been feeling so ill the last couple of days, I really really binged on bars- I didn't count, but maybe 10 or 15 in one go each day. Gastric effects terrible. And I was still so hungry, crying hungry.

I don't know what to do. I want to die. I had so many plans to get thin and be healthy but now I don't know anything. I have no energy, even writing this is hurting me. I'm in a dirty house and I need to do the washing and I can't bare thinking of bending over to do the machine.

Hey Moosh. Sorry to hear you're feeling low. Come over to MFP and chat if you can't find the right bits on Minis as some of us are there too. The subscribed threads is now under Quick Links at the top of the page. Took me a while to find that too! The stats should be back now - I can see yours.

So are you feeling physically ill and so can't stick to the diet, or are you making yourself ill with bad choices of food as you haven't stuck to the diet? If the former then you need to get better before you get back on track I think and choose healthy protein based foods to help you with that. If the latter then perhaps you can low carb for a few days before trying to get back on plan? You're no doubt hungry because you have kicked yourself out of ketosis and trying to restrict your calories over and over if you're not in ketosis is like every day starting out on this diet and the effects that some people have before ketosis kicks in and makes everything easier.

Definitely sounds like you need to lose the bars as they seem to be a massive demon for you. Either take them to work and leave them there and try to have 1 per day, or get rid of them if you don't have too many left. I don't think they're doing you any good either mentally or physically. I bought a load of BL snack bars and actually wish I hadn't now as they are something I just have now rather than using them for the odd weekend treat which is what they were meant for.

Draw a line under today and tomorrow get to the shops and buy some healthy protein and plan that into your day. Only enough for tomorrow so you can't binge, and then buy some more on Monday and so on. You really won't do yourself any favours continuing as you are.

Hey Moosh. Sorry to hear you're feeling low. Come over to MFP and chat if you can't find the right bits on Minis as some of us are there too. The subscribed threads is now under Quick Links at the top of the page. Took me a while to find that too! The stats should be back now - I can see yours.

So are you feeling physically ill and so can't stick to the diet, or are you making yourself ill with bad choices of food as you haven't stuck to the diet? If the former then you need to get better before you get back on track I think and choose healthy protein based foods to help you with that. If the latter then perhaps you can low carb for a few days before trying to get back on plan? You're no doubt hungry because you have kicked yourself out of ketosis and trying to restrict your calories over and over if you're not in ketosis is like every day starting out on this diet and the effects that some people have before ketosis kicks in and makes everything easier.

Definitely sounds like you need to lose the bars as they seem to be a massive demon for you. Either take them to work and leave them there and try to have 1 per day, or get rid of them if you don't have too many left. I don't think they're doing you any good either mentally or physically. I bought a load of BL snack bars and actually wish I hadn't now as they are something I just have now rather than using them for the odd weekend treat which is what they were meant for.

Draw a line under today and tomorrow get to the shops and buy some healthy protein and plan that into your day. Only enough for tomorrow so you can't binge, and then buy some more on Monday and so on. You really won't do yourself any favours continuing as you are.

Thanks BG, all good advice that a week ago I would have given too but I just don't know what to do with myself!

I think i was feeling ill so I ate, and once I ate I felt even worse and am now at the point where I can't do anything. I think the tipping point was using MFP, I decided to log EVERYTHING as in averything that went in my mouth, including gum. Turns out each piece of sugarfree gum and every tiny little Smint I've been having since day 1 to get me through each day is at least 1g carb. So pretty much every day since week 2 I've been over my carb limit without knowing and that has depressed me so much. And well once I'm over I may as well be REALLY over, that's how my stupid head works so since Weds I've been binging.

Ok so.... all the Atkins bars I received this week are gone. I got about 15 in the order so that tells you how bad I've been. Most of the BL bars are gone, I haven't bought Ultraslim in ages as they went up in price (still a lot cheaper than BL or Atkins but my stupid head tells me they are too dear as I used to get them on offer, aargh shopping demons). Leaving bars at work sadly doesn't help as I binge there too! Seriously on Friday I had 2 little boxes of raisins, 2 biscuits, a chewy oat bar intended for baby and 2 little bowls of bolognaise I had made (no pasta). THEN I came home and binged, had 30 mins at home before heading out in a taxi to babysit for a new family so was nervous so I just crammed in as much as I could eat, about 5 bars, then went.... and realised I had a vanilla shake in my bag so I had that while I was there! I didn't eat anything else there though I did have 4 packs of gum in an attempt to not go in their fridge- I chew each piece for a minute then spit it out, thats how much I need to chew. I need the flavour.

I think my taste buds have changed, today I tried the new Chilli for the first time and it was like eating.... I dunno, red porrige? No flavour to it at all. I don't know if it's the pack itself or the fact that I've been eating so much sweet over the past few weeks! Seriously I so rarely log a savoury meal on MFP, apart from veg and protein.

I've tried days without any non-S&S drinks and days with coke zero/flavoured water/tea/boullion and noticed no differences. I realised one day this week I had had 7l of coke zero plus lots of water too, and it was a binge day, but then I stopped having ANY and still binged so I don't know if it's a trigger! I could really do with some today but I'm not going out, I go to a shop today I will come back with the things I want the most- Boost bars, liquorice allsorts and pork pies. They are all I want in the world, possible cocopops and semi skimmed if cocopops are on offer. And that is all i would eat for the rest of the week.

So no shops today, no even going out. I'd quite like to go and check my post but I daren't venture out of the flat at 6pm on a saturday in my jammies! So will wait.

I think going tomorrow to stock up on high protein foods may be a good idea, will see 1. if I remain 100% today which will give me a boost and 2. how I feel tomorrow. I've been spending like mad on new clothes and face stuff in an attempt to be a 'new me' and I'm scaring myself with the money going out. I'm not destitute or anything but I am a very careful person with money, saving for a flat, and to spend about £600 or something stupid on clothes and skincare over the past couple of months is terrible. Ok maybe not that much but I do know I spent £200 in Primark recently justt o have something to wear, £15 on a dress for the funeral, £20 on trousers, £18 on a Next top, £45 on new bras! Plus all the jeans I bought in each size down. I even have some to get into next size down, I look at all the clothes I can no longer wear and weep I spent so much on 'big' clothes as there are so few options in a 26 I end up in evans and they are bloody dear. I wear them till they fall to bits but still what a waste. And I won't be ebaying as I know I will end up that size again, once I re-feed (or give up and binge) there is no point getting rid.

I've upped my carb goal to 70g a day on MFP from 60g just so I can have 4 packs with some veg without it going over which makes me weep. I'm pathetic, I spend ages each day entering foods just to see what I can 'get away with'. Like if I have 7 slices of pastrami I can have 80g of cabbage, but if I have 6 I can have half an egg too how pathetic. Particularly as I know if I don't have the entire pack I'll eat the random slice or two later so it's all for nothing. My mind would like to go back to week one or two when I was on 4 packs, 200g veg from the original list, and had never heard of MFP so didn't feel guilty over every cup of boullion or having a BL bar instead of a S&S.

Oh gods I talk too much, though it is helpful to write this all out. Since I wrote the other post I've put a wash on and had 2 cups of tea. I just hope I can get over this gastric.... distress.... before monday because I don't think I can cope at work with it, not on Easter hols so all the kids at home PLUS I know my boss, there will be extras and I bet she works at home again which involves her sitting in the middle of the kitchen/playroom on her laptop taking work calls while I have to keep the kids quiet I HATE IT I can't even cook in peace as she works on the large island unit where you have to cook- has the hob on it too- and tuts and moves things when I need to cook! AAAARGH sometimes I hate my job.

I wrote something on MFP that means at least one or more people have infriended me. I've deleted the post and appologised but as they have unfriended I know they won't see the appology so I'll say on here, if any of you see it, I am so so sorry for being such a *****. I was looking for support not to be rude. I need to seek help I think.

So sorry.

Moosh you weren't unfriended on MFP, it was someone making a little joke. She's still your friend (and she's not on Minis now anyway).

So lots laid bare. Well I can tell you that I enter things into MFP and see what they add up to and then change my mind about what to have all the time. That's normal, and part of what makes the tool so helpful in terms of making choices. I was having a particular meal tonight but choices I made earlier mean that's no longer possible as it will put me over my cals / carbs for the day so some improvisation is needed :).

Lose, the bars for a bit. You don't have to have them and to be honest I don't think they're necessarily a good thing on this diet. They're the trigger for pigging out for many people and you're no exception. If you've eaten all 15 Atkins bars it's not surprising that you've upset yourself as they contain polyols that have a laxative effect in many people. Sounds like that's what you've done anyway.

6lbs certainly doesn't put you back a month. It's only out of ketosis / binge weight that you can lose quite easily if you want to. It'll only put you back a month if you let it.

As for the clothes and skin care. You spent that money because you were feeling much better about yourself and your look. You've probably got enough stuff for now so concentrate on wearing it and enjoying it. You don't need to spend more money until those things are too big for you.

Just chill out and relax a little. The more uptight you are the more you will feel stressed. You'll be fine, trust me xx

Moosh you weren't unfriended on MFP, it was someone making a little joke. She's still your friend (and she's not on Minis now anyway).

So lots laid bare. Well I can tell you that I enter things into MFP and see what they add up to and then change my mind about what to have all the time. That's normal, and part of what makes the tool so helpful in terms of making choices. I was having a particular meal tonight but choices I made earlier mean that's no longer possible as it will put me over my cals / carbs for the day so some improvisation is needed :).

Lose, the bars for a bit. You don't have to have them and to be honest I don't think they're necessarily a good thing on this diet. They're the trigger for pigging out for many people and you're no exception. If you've eaten all 15 Atkins bars it's not surprising that you've upset yourself as they contain polyols that have a laxative effect in many people. Sounds like that's what you've done anyway.

6lbs certainly doesn't put you back a month. It's only out of ketosis / binge weight that you can lose quite easily if you want to. It'll only put you back a month if you let it.

As for the clothes and skin care. You spent that money because you were feeling much better about yourself and your look. You've probably got enough stuff for now so concentrate on wearing it and enjoying it. You don't need to spend more money until those things are too big for you.

Just chill out and relax a little. The more uptight you are the more you will feel stressed. You'll be fine, trust me xx

Thanks so much. You are more than right, about everything! Firstly the bars, I ordered them because I was doing so well and I wanted to try them.... I honestly, at the point of ordering, planned to have them on weekends only as a substitute to S&S bars, not as well as them but something changed so badly. Thanks for the info regarding laxative effect, another thing I should have researched!

They are gone and forgotten. I've been having one bar a day since day one and usually been fine, the worst that would happen is an extra bar or pack every once in a while which was fine and better to have than something off-plan but this last week for some reason I'm self-sabotaging!

Sadly the 6lb does put me back a month as that's what I lost this month, so this month is wasted. Because I had a week of STS and poor losses. I think my record-keeping is off and the weight on here isn't right, I keep trying to change the loss on different things- different challenges, sig, stats, weekly WI thread, MFP, FoofFocus, LilySLim..... too much going on! Have started a post-it on my desktop to record my weight every day then I know whats going on.

I don't know about ketosis, I've never been sure of it. I've felt the same since before day 1 as I have most of the way through, hunger-wise. The binging happens every now and then and I dunno if it's head or actual hunger or if I'm lacking some nutrient- I've always had pica, related to an iron deficiency, though I haven't had that since I started.

I'm going to do my best to relax and chill..... though for me that usually means eating so I'll be careful! thanks for taking the time to reply, I'm feeling so alone and low right now. I need to re-conect with le frenchman, I'm ignoring him online right now because I don't want him to see me so low! I'm going home next week and had hoped to be a lot slimmer by now, when I think of it I weep but I am less than at Christmas so I'll have to deal with it. My goal of June will need to be re-assessed now as I just won't get there unless I lose a hell of a lot this week. Oh well, my stupid fault.

washing machine is done now, need to empty it and hang everything all over the flat. Good for the skin I find, very damp, not so good for the walls. I try to look at labels when I deal with clothing, look at the size 14 and 16 labels rather than 24 and 26! But I have some big stuff in there too as I'm still in my big jumpers and cardis, need to cut the spending somehow!

I missed the post you made but you shouldn't feel you have to delete anything. I'm sorry you did because the post was obviously important to you x

All the old features from the forum are still here. They're just under other names.

Thanks Starlight, I'm finding it now, just was devestated to see my sig and stats gone at the moment I needed them most. My issue not the site's. Found most of it now, just looking for a way to 'shrink' the screen as my poor eyes can't cope with the words going all the way from left to right! Need to thin it out somehow.

The post was pathetic and self-involved and still managed to offend everyone, better off deleted. I just was reaching out for help in the wrong way. I need to get out of my own head.

You know MiniM you are too hard on yourself. Would you call anyone else the names you call yourself? If someone was having the trouble you're having right now would you call them pathetic and self absorbed? I don't think so. What makes it ok to say and think these things about yourself? You are a human being who deserves better. If you beat yourself up what is likely to happen? Will you feel better or worse? Do you tend to binge when you feel good or when you feel bad? What is treating yourself badly likely to lead to? It's a vicious cycle. You can choose to break that cycle. Be kind to yourself - imagine what you would say to someone else in your situation and say it to yourself. You are not weak or bad or pathetic. You deserve to be loved and you need to start by loving yourself and forgiving yourself if you don't always do what you think you should. If you can start to do that many of your urges to binge will disappear because you will be happier in yourself.

Look after yourself hun x

First things first Im sending you the BIGGEST HUGS xxxxxxxxzz

Altho my binging isn't on quite the same scale im going thru something simalar these last two weeks. Every morning i start off with good intentions 'I will be 100% today' but by lunch/dinner time im sneaking food and scoffing it. The only person Im hurting is me but can't seem to stop myself : ( You are one of the people on here that help me. You've done brillantly, you've coped with some difficult times. Your having a blip right right now but try and remember how far you've come. Get your before & now photos out and see just how amazing you look. You know what to expect when kids are off so start planning. What can you do to not eat the childrens food? How are you going to reward yourself for making thru a whole day staying on track? What did you do before to stay on track? You mentioned before about the carbs you had on mfp but look how much weight you've lost since week two so it works for you. I believe you can find your way back on track you need to believe it too xx

Well your signature shows you losing more than 6lbs this month:

Week 7 -2lb :hmm:
Week 8 STS
Week 9 -4lb :cool:
Week 10 -4lb
Week 11 +6lb

So -10lbs in the last 4 weeks and plus 6 as of this week (but for a reason) and if you're anything like me you'll lose that 6lbs in a few days when you get back on track so will be back to where you are and heading down again by this time next week. So you've only actually put yourself back by a few days so chill :).

You know MiniM you are too hard on yourself. Would you call anyone else the names you call yourself? If someone was having the trouble you're having right now would you call them pathetic and self absorbed? I don't think so. What makes it ok to say and think these things about yourself? You are a human being who deserves better. If you beat yourself up what is likely to happen? Will you feel better or worse? Do you tend to binge when you feel good or when you feel bad? What is treating yourself badly likely to lead to? It's a vicious cycle. You can choose to break that cycle. Be kind to yourself - imagine what you would say to someone else in your situation and say it to yourself. You are not weak or bad or pathetic. You deserve to be loved and you need to start by loving yourself and forgiving yourself if you don't always do what you think you should. If you can start to do that many of your urges to binge will disappear because you will be happier in yourself.

Look after yourself hun x

Ye Gods, I should laminate that and staple it to my face. You are more than right, I would never say that to someone nor would I accept anyone saying that to someone else. I'm so used to hating every second and thought I take for myself, I need to change don't I! Funny thing is on a good day I'm happy and bubbly and tell myself I'm doing well but still.... I try to word things so my real fear isn't out there but end up seeming rude. I don't want people to think I'm rude!

Positive thoughts, positive thoughts.

First things first Im sending you the BIGGEST HUGS xxxxxxxxzz

Altho my binging isn't on quite the same scale im going thru something simalar these last two weeks. Every morning i start off with good intentions 'I will be 100% today' but by lunch/dinner time im sneaking food and scoffing it. The only person Im hurting is me but can't seem to stop myself : ( You are one of the people on here that help me. You've done brillantly, you've coped with some difficult times. Your having a blip right right now but try and remember how far you've come. Get your before & now photos out and see just how amazing you look. You know what to expect when kids are off so start planning. What can you do to not eat the childrens food? How are you going to reward yourself for making thru a whole day staying on track? What did you do before to stay on track? You mentioned before about the carbs you had on mfp but look how much weight you've lost since week two so it works for you. I believe you can find your way back on track you need to believe it too xx

Aww so nice of you, I needed that. The food issues are so tricky and also odd, I mean I've done weeks and not a single crumb goes past my lips- I cook pasta for the kids and test it with a fork, not in my mouth. I just dump out the leftovers with no fuss. Now this week I'm troughing and everything I give to baby I'm drooling over! Odd odd.

The pics is a great idea, I'll maybe consider asking family if they have any pics of me at my worst, though I doubt it as I'm very camera shy. And I was 21st at one point. If I have a pic of me then, that will be my TRUE before pic but I doubt I have one.

Rewards I have to be careful of, I mean like a lot of us food is my reward and I want to break that. For a while I tried having a can of coke zero as a reward for being 100% in the evening but I want to break that association so maybe..... well, I tried the Liz Earle cleanser recently, a trial pack, it is soooo expensive that I didn't get the full size but it's so lovely. Maybe that can be my end of a 100% week reward. I've discovered my local Waitrose does a click and collect so I could order from JL for free getting past all my stupid post problems. Hmm.

Thanks again. Everyone has their issues but it seems all of mine came at once. One thing I have considered is, well, I had my TOTM in week one then in week 5 or 6 and it's now week 12 and no sign of number 3. Hormone issues maybe.

No one thinks you're rude Moosh, only you, and you're really not. Your positive posts are funny and always cheer me up. Have a read back through the positive parts of your diary and see if you can feel the positive messages you were sending then and remember how you felt. Then try to return to that place.

Least we can do is be supportive when you need support. That's what this site is here for - to share in happy times and offer support though less happy times.

Well your signature shows you losing more than 6lbs this month:

Week 7 -2lb :hmm:
Week 8 STS
Week 9 -4lb :cool:
Week 10 -4lb
Week 11 +6lb

So -10lbs in the last 4 weeks and plus 6 as of this week (but for a reason) and if you're anything like me you'll lose that 6lbs in a few days when you get back on track so will be back to where you are and heading down again by this time next week. So you've only actually put yourself back by a few days so chill :).

thanks yes you're right, well I don't know if my sig is right though as everywhere seems to have a different total! I think I've gained 6lb according to MFP but on here it looks like I've gained 10lb! I can't rememeber what I actually was last week, I'm getting the total and turning into pounds and I think I'm doing it wrong!

Back