motivation in a book

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by msblonde, 14 April 2010 Social URL.

1. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I have started reading a book I took out from the library, called overcoming weight problems, its from the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy 'overcoming' range.

I think it is excellent, since reading the book (and doing the mind exercises) I have started walking every day, wearing my pedometer to make sure I am doing min 10k steps, went to the cinema and skipped all the fare on offer - and started changing my habbits to healthy ones.

after going through the exercises, you really get a motivation for losing weight.

this is excellent, espec if your BMI is over 30 or heading that way.

here is a link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-Weight-Problems-Jeremy-Gauntlett-Gilbert/dp/1845290682

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    very true, the book addresses all angles, going through finding a plan that works for you, finding an activity that you will stick to, getting your head in the right place so you have a good chance of sticking to it long enough.

it is very revealing, I am at the moment on the 'write down all your food intake and energy expendiature for 2 weeks bit' I have started wearing a pedometer and tracking my activity, but not managed to track my eating and mood every day yet.

4. SilverSlimmer

SilverSlimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.2lb(13.62%)
    This looks like a really interesting book. I shall try and get hold of a copy.

SilverS

5. Micci

Micci Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    VEGAN SW infuenced by Martha Beck and IOWL
    This does look good. Thanks for letting us know.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.