Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

motivation in a book

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by msblonde, 14 April 2010 Social URL.

1. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    I have started reading a book I took out from the library, called overcoming weight problems, its from the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy 'overcoming' range.

I think it is excellent, since reading the book (and doing the mind exercises) I have started walking every day, wearing my pedometer to make sure I am doing min 10k steps, went to the cinema and skipped all the fare on offer - and started changing my habbits to healthy ones.

after going through the exercises, you really get a motivation for losing weight.

this is excellent, espec if your BMI is over 30 or heading that way.

here is a link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-Weight-Problems-Jeremy-Gauntlett-Gilbert/dp/1845290682

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. msblonde

msblonde a new way of living!

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(9.22%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    very true, the book addresses all angles, going through finding a plan that works for you, finding an activity that you will stick to, getting your head in the right place so you have a good chance of sticking to it long enough.

it is very revealing, I am at the moment on the 'write down all your food intake and energy expendiature for 2 weeks bit' I have started wearing a pedometer and tracking my activity, but not managed to track my eating and mood every day yet.

4. SilverSlimmer

SilverSlimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.2lb(13.62%)
    This looks like a really interesting book. I shall try and get hold of a copy.

SilverS

5. Micci

Micci Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(5.63%)
    Diet:
    VEGAN SW infuenced by Martha Beck and IOWL
    This does look good. Thanks for letting us know.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.